Let's jump the gun! What improvements would you like to see next year | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Let's jump the gun! What improvements would you like to see next year

kresslia

Medalist
- US men become true worthy rivals to Prince Hanyu. (Preferably with their own Mascot so people can also ridicule without prejudice.) Seriously, Josh and Adam can be huge threat if they manage their quads and likely will go down well with International judges. Patrick has more than just Hanyu to handle... it will be a tremendously exciting season.
Alright, you guys really need to keep your expectations in check here with your American skaters... They both have to improve their PBs by at least 50 points (about 70 in Josh's case, lol) before they match Patrick/Yuzuru's PBs. Don't be ridiculous here.

Like totally cool to hope for them to become rivals over time. But they'd need a miracle essentially to "rival" them as soon as next season lol

Last edited:

noskates

Record Breaker
Absolutely Adam must keep his curls!!!!! Jason with a beautiful consistent quad to shut everybody up!!!! Judging that minimizes inflation because of reputation (Hanyu - I'm looking at you!!!! :yes:) Calling ALL UR jumps - just not some and not others! No more Carmen, POTO, any tango, or the other overused and abused pieces of music that I USED to like. American skaters to have a season injury free! Caydee Denney and John Coughlin returning to competition. The Shib Sibs to get some choreography that will show their talent....put some content in that program! Some "old timers" and "can't get on the podium'ers" to hang them up and stop embarassing themselves because of past accomplishments. I like vocals in music but let them be subtle and not overtake everything else. Polina to ditch the fairy dresses and skate to some music that she can emote to. NEVER EVER let a little sprite like Karen Chen skate to the dark music of Godfather (and for heavens sake girl, slow down and have some moves in the field) And mostly I would like the US to have good showings in all disciplines at the GP competitions.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
I wanna see Sotnikova to prove all the naysayers and silence all the haters for one and for all!!

P.s. let's not start and argument here?? ^^

aa456

On the Ice
Yulia - work on your arm movements and that double axel
Elena - clean up those jump landings
Liza - fix your wrist and get another choreographer
SoYoun - run away from david wilson
Satoko - work on your under-rotations
Kaetlyn - not be injured
Kiira - make a comeback
Gracie - do you
Hanyu - try another choreographer for your LP
Javier - try another choreographer for your LP
Patrick Chan - come back with two different types of quads and a proper coach

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I kinda want to see more modern music! It'll make it more fun and bring skating to a new light! Like Josh Farris skated to "Give Me Love" beautifully. It gives a more fun vibe and makes it more engaging to watch the skater. Also, when Abbott skated to "Lay Me Down," especially when I saw it at Skate America, it was so cool.

I understand that there are some people that want skaters to skate to classical music, but it's becoming redundant.

More "edgy" songs can be cool to use. Like "Relax" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

OR maybe programs to mixes of TV theme songs! I'm talking about kids, family, toddlers, babies, adults, every age group show. All shows. Not ALL in the same mix though.

Also I want to see skaters FEEL the music when they skate to it and use their body to interpret even more.

I don't know if this is an improvement. But I kinda want to see the jewelry tone down. Probably due to me being a cheerleader and that anything that aren't stud or pearl-like earrings are considered "no-no's" due to safety reasons. Same with necklaces. Though I know cheerleaders use their arms more in ways than single skaters. Though yes I know skaters do use their arms for like holding themselves in tight positions in jumps and for expressions in StSq and ChSq. But (Okay I derailing my post a lot I'm fully aware of it, but I'm getting back to my point in the next paragraph) in cheerleading, if you break or hurt your arm enough, you can't do anything cause of stunts and tumbling, but in single skaters, it's not probably as big as a deal.

Okay back to more stuff. Hmmmm.. I kinda want to see different hairstyles in the females other than the clean buns and buns with braids. Like maybe we can see a clean messy bun. Like it looks messy and elegant but it's secure. Or maybe half-up-half-down in a way that it doesn't get in the way. Like I kinda want to see a variety of hairstyles.

That's all I can think of now.

LyraAngelica

On the Ice
I feel like "Defying Gravity" from Wicked could be especially effective for Ashley or even Gracie (to get Gracie out of those "ice princess" programs that just don't suit her.)

Please not Defying Gravity.. For the love of everything, NOOO lol I agree that Gracie needs to lose the ice princess programs. I would love for her to try something outside of that box. Her programs rings empty to me because she doesn't seem to connect with her programs most of the time.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'd like to see the oppurtunity for 4, 5 + spots for worlds and other comps...

At whose expense?

I'm brokenhearted that Max won't be at Worlds this year, but I'm not about to tell Brendan he can't go so Max can.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
At whose expense?

I'm brokenhearted that Max won't be at Worlds this year, but I'm not about to tell Brendan he can't go so Max can.

Key word: oppurtunities. Skating federations would have to earn them so truely the best could go... Like if 3 skaters add up to like 8 or having 2 skaters equal to 4...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Key word: oppurtunities. Skating federations would have to earn them so truely the best could go... Like if 3 skaters add up to like 8 or having 2 skaters equal to 4...

What opportunities? Where? Where from? What comps?

Amei

Record Breaker
- More unique music - I felt like even thought the music restrictions lightened up this year, we still had a lot of 'war-horses'.
- Lipnitskaia getting back to doing good performances, I'm not even saying 'wins' but back to where there is less sadness in the K&C

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Half want modern, new music, half want vocals to be banned again :drama:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
- More unique music - I felt like even thought the music restrictions lightened up this year, we still had a lot of 'war-horses'.
- Lipnitskaia getting back to doing good performances, I'm not even saying 'wins' but back to where there is less sadness in the K&C

I agree on more unique music. They should be free to express who they are on the ice by the music they want without worrying of how others will react.

kinoriH

Final Flight
Duhamel/radford - stop skating to music that has nothing to do with the program..
S/k - get more complex elements