Location of 2025 U.S. Nationals? | Golden Skate

Location of 2025 U.S. Nationals?

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Does anyone have any info on the host city or when this will be announced? In the past, this was known several years in advance, so it seems odd that nothing has been announced.

Yogi

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Nothing. Apparently Columbus wasn’t announced until last June. And Skate America was announced pretty late, too. Not really sure why these things aren’t in place sooner.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States

slider11

Medalist
Wherever it is, they should take notes from Columbus. That arena was at least half full most of the time and for the last competitive performances, pretty much full. I heard a rumor that they "gave" some tickets away. Not a bad idea! Sure, those who are willing to pay for the best seats would get priority but as you near the competition, give seats or sell at a nominal fee to skating clubs, kid organizations, schools, and businesses. They'll still get a little compensation with concession sales etc but, more importantly, they might spark an interest in figure skating and next time these folks might be willing to pay. And it might get young folks interested in taking up skating. Win for all!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wherever it is, they should take notes from Columbus. That arena was at least half full most of the time and for the last competitive performances, pretty much full. I heard a rumor that they "gave" some tickets away. Not a bad idea! Sure, those who are willing to pay for the best seats would get priority but as you near the competition, give seats or sell at a nominal fee to skating clubs, kid organizations, schools, and businesses. They'll still get a little compensation with concession sales etc but, more importantly, they might spark an interest in figure skating and next time these folks might be willing to pay. And it might get young folks interested in taking up skating. Win for all!
Unfortunately Columbus cost twice as much as San Jose. I really could not afford it so it wasn't a win for me. During SA they were on sale for 20% off. But I had spent my skating event $ on SA by then, and that was still a good chunk more than San Jose cost.

If it were to be St Louis, the gymnastics National championships (women) and Olympic trials (men) were the most fun I've had at a gymnastics event. They had the best fireworks I've ever seen anywhere, they had the bubble bus, they built a beach outside one of the entrances (for RIo), they had a LOT of former gymnasts signing autographs. I'm not sure how much of that was the St Louis Sports Commission and how much of it was USA gymnastics, but I can tell you the next Olympic trials was nowhere near as fun. Stupid Covid. And obviously the outside stuff would not be happening in January.

Actually I just emailed the St Louis Sports Commission telling them there was a rumor the championships were coming here and if they could confirm or deny it.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Columbus was an amazing audience, and every skater asked about the audience loved them.

Whatever USFS and the local committee did there, they should do everywhere. It worked for skating audiences this year, and hopefully it will work again.:clap:

2sk8

Rinkside
Columbus was vastly better than San Jose - attendance matters, and it was SO much better than San Jose. Far more enthusiasm too.
Also far better than Skate America and last year's Four Continents.
It means so much for the skaters to have a sizable audience that appreciates their efforts. And, for the audience themselves - so much more engagement and excitement. 100% agree that Columbus really set a new, improved standard and should really be looked to to guide how future LOCs handle these events.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Columbus was vastly better than San Jose - attendance matters, and it was SO much better than San Jose. Far more enthusiasm too.
Also far better than Skate America and last year's Four Continents.
It means so much for the skaters to have a sizable audience that appreciates their efforts. And, for the audience themselves - so much more engagement and excitement. 100% agree that Columbus really set a new, improved standard and should really be looked to to guide how future LOCs handle these events.
I also would commend the Skating Club of Boston, which did an amazing job with Skate America 2022. I would be delighted to see more events go to that venue.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Unfortunately Columbus cost twice as much as San Jose. I really could not afford it so it wasn't a win for me. During SA they were on sale for 20% off. But I had spent my skating event $ on SA by then, and that was still a good chunk more than San Jose cost.

If it were to be St Louis, the gymnastics National championships (women) and Olympic trials (men) were the most fun I've had at a gymnastics event. They had the best fireworks I've ever seen anywhere, they had the bubble bus, they built a beach outside one of the entrances (for RIo), they had a LOT of former gymnasts signing autographs. I'm not sure how much of that was the St Louis Sports Commission and how much of it was USA gymnastics, but I can tell you the next Olympic trials was nowhere near as fun. Stupid Covid. And obviously the outside stuff would not be happening in January.

Actually I just emailed the St Louis Sports Commission telling them there was a rumor the championships were coming here and if they could confirm or deny it.
Please Clarify how much tickets for 2021 San Jose cost.... I know for Columbus I paid $1100 for TWO tickets. All sessions , four rows up just to the left of Center Ice. For Nashville 2022 sat in basically the same area around 10 to 12 rows up and paid 755 for one ticket. The prices for Columbus were amazing and the crowds showed it!

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Seems I remember being at a Nationals and purchasing tickets for the following year's Nationals. I like knowing the locations. It's very helpful for planning and budgeting!
The focus was on promoting Boston 2025 tickets

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The focus was on promoting Boston 2025 tickets
Glad to hear they're promoting early-ish. (I have my tickets already). I was thinking of San Jose 2018 Nats, and I think I bought my tickets at KC 2017 Nats. I remember it was great to talk to someone in person who was showing me the seating chart.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Maybe I had it confused with Four Continents, one of them was announced late. My bad.

Gotcha re your honest confusion with 2023 Four Continents -- *but* I must add that 2023 Four Continents was a unique situation that cannot be fairly cited as an example of USFS not announcing an event location as early as fans (and others) would like.

In 2020, ISU had announced that Australia would be the host of 2023 Four Continents.
In June 2022, it was *ISU* that made a late decision to pull the plug on Australia as host (because Australia had unresolved funding/logistical issues).

USFS deserves credit -- not criticism -- for agreeing to host 2023 Four Continents on relatively short notice.

(I totally get that it would be nice to know where 2025 U.S. Nationals will be.
I myself am waiting to find out, so that I can start making plans to attend. :))