Location of 2025 U.S. Nationals? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Location of 2025 U.S. Nationals?

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Did you mean 2014 Nats in Boston? Or 2016 Worlds in Boston?

2016 Nats were in St. Paul.
Sorry yes both of them were packed in Boston! Even SKAM but TD Garden is a better location than SCOB. UNH Hosted synchro this year and it seemed to do well maybe they can use there? We had to fill out a survey after if we liked the location for other events.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry yes both of them were packed in Boston! Even SKAM but TD Garden is a better location than SCOB. UNH Hosted synchro this year and it seemed to do well maybe they can use there? We had to fill out a survey after if we liked the location for other events.
It's so hard to get there if you don't live there already or are willing to fork over $300 a night for a hotel room so you can be close to the arena.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was hoping for.Providence, Rhode Island one of these years! No particular reason why. Just for something different. I was researching it a little bit, and it looks fan friendly.
The Amica Pavilion would be perfect. Easy access to Providence or Logan airport off I95. The rink is right next to a hotel and the Providence mall. Across the street are some great restaurants. I truly do not understand why no events are ever there. It would be perfect for a JGP event, too.

noskates

Record Breaker
We can all hope the event is near us geographically. We can all hope the tickets and the lodging will be financially doable. The truth of the matter is the event will be held where the city is able to provide rinks for the competition and practices, a time slot that fits into the arenas schedule, enough lodging to support the fans, and the support of the local skating community. Without that - it just isn't going to be where you want it. I was at TD Garden in 2014 and then again 2 years later for Worlds. (2016?) The price of tickets and lodging went up exponentially and probably in line with prices increasing in all aspects of life in those 2 years. It isn't easy being a fan!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also, to be fair, not all East and Midwest is created equal.

Columbus was eminently do-able for mid-Atlantic residents. Yes, it was 400 miles from me in East Central PA, as opposed to Boston's 300 miles, but I would rather drive the 400 miles to Ohio than the 300 miles of roads I would need to drive to Boston. Much rather. :)

Now did I go? No. But distance, or "midwest", was not the determining factor.

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
I chatted with the Chief Referee in Columbus. She said the Columbus arena was perfect as it had the practice ice rink and the arena in one location, so she didn't have to worry about her judges and skaters being stuck in traffic commuting back to the arena. I guess it's the same with the fans - you can walk to the Ice Haus practice rink to see who's practicing there, and the arena to see who's there, and you can choose which practice to watch without paying for 2 parking spaces!

Wherever the next Nationals, it would be nice to have the practice arena close to the arena like what they had in Columbus.

b-man

Final Flight
I chatted with the Chief Referee in Columbus. She said the Columbus arena was perfect as it had the practice ice rink and the arena in one location, so she didn't have to worry about her judges and skaters being stuck in traffic commuting back to the arena. I guess it's the same with the fans - you can walk to the Ice Haus practice rink to see who's practicing there, and the arena to see who's there, and you can choose which practice to watch without paying for 2 parking spaces!

Wherever the next Nationals, it would be nice to have the practice arena close to the arena like what they had in Columbus.
Greensboro has a good on site practice rink, like Columbus. San jose had good practice facilities, but 3 miles away. Detroit had an on site rink, but with only 100 seats, spectators were not allowed. Kansas city practice rink was 20 miles away. Nashville was apparently off site, never made it there. St. Paul, both off site and no spectators allowed. 2014 and 2016 Boston used different practice rinks, one about 3 miles away with good seating, for worlds, 1 block away, but no seating and no spectators. Omaha, if I remember, their practice was on site with good seating.

yuki@thelake

On the Ice
Greensboro has a good on site practice rink, like Columbus. San jose had good practice facilities, but 3 miles away. Detroit had an on site rink, but with only 100 seats, spectators were not allowed. Kansas city practice rink was 20 miles away. Nashville was apparently off site, never made it there. St. Paul, both off site and no spectators allowed. 2014 and 2016 Boston used different practice rinks, one about 3 miles away with good seating, for worlds, 1 block away, but no seating and no spectators. Omaha, if I remember, their practice was on site with good seating.
I liked Greensboro. Nashville's practice rink was about 20 minutes away at the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy in Bellevue.

The tires of my rental car were sliced in San Jose (along with 4 other cars) in the parking lot of a USFS-designated hotel (ugh).

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Greensboro has that as well.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I liked Greensboro. Nashville's practice rink was about 20 minutes away at the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy in Bellevue.

The tires of my rental car were sliced in San Jose (along with 4 other cars) in the parking lot of a USFS-designated hotel (ugh).
Nashville was shockingly expensive and I don't expect it would go down any if they were held there again in future.
Greensboro leans over backwards to make it affordable for EVERYONE and their disability services are top notch. I was driving and parking in the handicapped spaces but when disability services saw me struggling with my bag of stuffies, clear bag, dozen roses for Gracie, etc they came out there and met me and wheeled me right in.

RobinA

On the Ice
The Amica Pavilion would be perfect. Easy access to Providence or Logan airport off I95. The rink is right next to a hotel and the Providence mall. Across the street are some great restaurants. I truly do not understand why no events are ever there. It would be perfect for a JGP event, too.
I attended Nationals in Providence, RI. 2005? Can't remember the year. It was great, but that was back in the old days when they had shuttle buses and the hotel was out of town a bit.

RobinA

On the Ice
We can all hope the event is near us geographically. We can all hope the tickets and the lodging will be financially doable. The truth of the matter is the event will be held where the city is able to provide rinks for the competition and practices, a time slot that fits into the arenas schedule, enough lodging to support the fans, and the support of the local skating community. Without that - it just isn't going to be where you want it. I was at TD Garden in 2014 and then again 2 years later for Worlds. (2016?) The price of tickets and lodging went up exponentially and probably in line with prices increasing in all aspects of life in those 2 years. It isn't easy being a fan!

Yeah, I was at Boston twice for events 2001 and 2016 (?) and the second time it was extremely expensive. It's probably twice that now. I was looking at Boston Worlds, but I don't think so.