'LOVE ON ICE' movie | Page 2 | Golden Skate

'LOVE ON ICE' movie

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Do figure skaters really date hockey players? I guess it's because they spend so much time in rinks together.

Some do yes. Some even marry one like Kristi Yamaguchi has.

lyndichee

Medalist
IMBD has the credits for stunt doubles listed -Taylor Hunsley, Michelle Long, Kelsey Russel http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6319714/fullcredits/
filmed in Thunder Bay area

Is that Michelle Long on the Canadian national team?

Apparently Taylor Hunsley competed in juniors nationally. I can't find much information about Kelsey though.

Yes she did and so did Jamie Sale' and Maria Butyrskaya.

Funny, I thought you were a dancer and choreographer mrrice, not a hockey player ;)

mrrice

Record Breaker

Apparently Taylor Hunsley competed in juniors nationally. I can't find much information about Kelsey though.

Funny, I thought you were a dancer and choreographer mrrice, not a hockey player ;)

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!! :laugh2: I am but, after my Coca Cola tour that had us trying to turn Pepsi rinks into Coke rinks, I met a lot of Hockey Players.....:drama: Watching Battle Of Blades was one of the greatest events ever!!!!! I really wish we had camera phones in my day because I'd have clips of the cool people we met. Especially that hockey dude I met in Banff.......

As far as dancers are concerned....All roads lead to Russia.......Not only were they talented, they were funny as can be. Humble, and ready to have a good time at the drop of a hat. Plus, they have Borscht!!!!! My favorite soup in the World. We had it hot, with horse radish and giant meatballs. Delicious.....

Last edited:

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside

Yes Michelle Long Nat'l team. And IIRC Taylor was injured after 2016 Challenge.. no idea if she is planning to continue to skate as she did not compete this past season.

Mrrice - Also another pairing out of Battle of the Blades is Sinead Kerr and Grant Marshall last summer

Jennifer Lyon

On the Ice
I haven't seen "Love On Ice" but I followed the live tweets when it first aired on the Hallmark Channel a few months ago. For the most part, hardcore skating fans were either snarking on it or ripping it to shreds while fans of romantic Hallmark films loooved it.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
No discussion of Blades of Glory is complete without mentioning the Iron Lotus! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Ew3F5rsqU&t=137s

I admit to liking Cutting Edge (DB Sweeney and Moira Kelly were well cast), Ice Castles original, as well as the remake -- which was well done I thought despite never earning a theatrical release, and yeah, Ice Princess was pretty unrealistic but sorta ok.

What was the Canadian film, Skate! ?, also released under the even more ridiculous title of Blades of Courage -- A bit grittier look at the mental aspect of athletic competition -- looked like a television special type production.