Parts of warhorses that should be used more | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Parts of warhorses that should be used more

anyanka

Record Breaker
Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 is becoming one, but it's mostly the first movement that's used. Examples include Midori Ito, Mishkutenok / Dmitriev, Mao Asada, Daisuke Murakami, Doug Razzano among others. What they can do is use the quiet middle second movement, but I don't think anyone is going to match Lu Chen's glorious interpretation in 1995/96: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y12W0J13oSc

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
From Phantom of the Opera - I'd love to see more people use All I Ask Of You! Such a beautiful piece of music. And I'd also like to see more of the 2013 Romeo and Juliet OST. Such beautiful music and H/B's FD to it ended up being one of my favorites last season!

Yes! Yes! All I Ask of You is my favorite piece from POTO.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Many major warhorses are either an opera (Carmen, Scheherazade), musical (POTO), or ballet (Swan Lake, R&J), meaning they are large works and thus include a large selection of different pieces. Sadly, most also have three or four sections/movements/songs that are waaaaay overused (leading them to become warhorses). This means that a lot of really great parts of the work in question get overlooked. Do you know of any pieces like this? And are there any programs that used them?
Sheherazade is a symphonic poem... not an opera...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Mao Asada, Anna Pogo, Anni Javrvenpaa, Ashley Wagner and Maria Artemeva , should consider give Valse Triste by Sibelius a go. They can bring the maturity, majestic and regalness the program requires and it can be a beautiful program.

edenlover

On the Ice
I'd love to see a team dance to Prima Dona from POTO. I think it would make for a wonderful waltz. I love all of the dramatic voices as they converge together. Also, Master of the HOuse from Les Mis. Could be a great exhibition number -- lots of character in that piece of music.

stella luna

Final Flight

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i love R/K free dance on this… I think it's better suited for ladies and you have given some great ideas about who could do it well.. if we were to go for a male skater on this, I'd love to see my man (Patrick) do it…
Mao Asada, Anna Pogo, Anni Javrvenpaa, Ashley Wagner and Maria Artemeva , should consider give Valse Triste by Sibelius a go. They can bring the maturity, majestic and regalness the program requires and it can be a beautiful program.