Russian Junior Nationals, 4-7 Feb 2015, Joshkar-Ola | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Russian Junior Nationals, 4-7 Feb 2015, Joshkar-Ola

adelia

Record Breaker
So, Semenenko (age 11) attempted a 3A. Under-rotated and fell. The rest of the program fell apart from there on. I'm not sure why the 3A was included. The boy is talented but it's his first Junior Nats, I think it would have been more beneficial if they had left the 3A out and aimed for a clean skate instead. In his practice video the jump was under-rotated as well, so he's not quite mastered it yet.

hanca

Record Breaker
As it expected, to JW will go Zhenia, Masha and Sima. Only Evgenia go there as a clear favorite now and Sima go as only the third number

Sotskova beat Sakhanovich just by 0.34 points at the nationals. I wouldn't declare her number 2 for that! Sakhanovich beat Sotskova's results throughout the season, and being once beaten by less than a half point does not make her any worse skater!

Sotskova's international scores this season:159.67; 170.81; 175.99
Sakhanovich's international scores this season:191.96; 177.69; 186.01
Sakhanovich's lowest score is still higher than Sotskova's highest score, and Sakhanovich's highest score is 16 points higher than Sotskova's highest score.

Do you REALLY think that beating Sakhanovich by 0.34 point in one competition made Sotskova suddenly a better skater? Sorry but that's ridiculous!

Last edited:

hanca

Record Breaker
Does anyone know where Victoria Bezrukova and Polina Drynkina are? They are eligible the next season and not competing here?

I assume Kolomiets is still injured? I wonder what's wrong with her that she lost the whole season.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Does anyone know where Victoria Bezrukova and Polina Drynkina are? They are eligible the next season and not competing here?

I assume Kolomiets is still injured? I wonder what's wrong with her that she lost the whole season.

I remember Bezrukova was injured, but don't know anything about Drynkina.

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
I read that as "Sugar moves" :laugh:

:laugh2: That was so funny! I woke up this morning and thought my analogue clock read 1:30 am instead of 5:30 am. Time to go fill up my glasses prescription. I have been avoiding it forever. Hilarious mistakes like this makes me remember I need them! :rofl:

Ekm

On the Ice
Who is eligible for jgp next season that was not this year? (BTW it would seem her withdrawal here makes it a certainty that Proklova stays in jrs next season, and I guess the results of jr worlds will decide Maria's fate for next season.)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I don't understand why they ding Nugumanova in both the flip and the luzt. And Gubanova got full credit for all her jumps.
I can't seem to see the detailed protocols. All I see are the TES/PCS categories. Help?

adelia

Record Breaker
I can't seem to see the detailed protocols. All I see are the TES/PCS categories. Help?
http://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1415/junnat1415_protocol.pdf

I don't understand why they ding Nugumanova in both the flip and the luzt. And Gubanova got full credit for all her jumps.
Nugumanova's 3Z and 3F were under-rotated. ! on the 3F.
If you're referring to the video, well it's hard to see from the video. They have a better view than us.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Nugumanova was so incredible! I think she has the highest base value for jumps in the world right now (3lz+2t, 3lo-3lo 3f, 3lz, 2a-3t-2t, 3s and 2a), not to mention the incredible-lipnitskaya-quality spins, the rippon jumps and so much grace. Maybe the most talented junior (or at least 12-year-old junior) ever? In my book she certainly deserved a medal here.

:agree:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
http://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1415/junnat1415_protocol.pdf

Nugumanova's 3Z and 3F were under-rotated. ! on the 3F.
If you're referring to the video, well it's hard to see from the video. They have a better view than us.
Thank you!

I can understand the UR on lutz and flip. Those jumps do look a bit low/eeked out at this point. Not sure if I'm seeing the ! on the flip, but certainly, the judges probably have a better view than us. I do think she deserved more GOE for the jumps she did land (3S in particular--why only 0/+1? I'd give it +2 minimum). But hey, this is all secondary. She got 3Lo-3Lo ratified, and that'll be the crucial thing in the future. :clap:

hanca

Record Breaker
She got 3Lo-3Lo ratified, and that'll be the crucial thing in the future. :clap:

That's a huge risk to do in the future, when she grows a bit. How many senior ladies had 3Lo-3Lo ratified in senior international competition in the last few years? I hope she will be concentrating more on 3T and a second jump in combinations, because I don't want her to end up like Mao Asada and Miky Ando who eventually stopped adding 3Lo as a second jump because it wasn't worth it having it downgraded.

hanca

Record Breaker
Who is eligible for jgp next season that was not this year? (BTW it would seem her withdrawal here makes it a certainty that Proklova stays in jrs next season, and I guess the results of jr worlds will decide Maria's fate for next season.)

Next season newly eligible:
Polina Tsurskaya - 4th
Victoria Bezrukova - did not compete here but was pretty decent in the past
Polina Drynkina - did not compete here but had some good results in the past
Alisa Fedichkina - 8th
Valeria Michailova - 9th
Ekaterina Mitrofanova - 11th

In the past those below also managed to have some good results, although not obviously as good as Tsurskaya.
Alina Soloviova
Alexandra Fomina
Sofia Istomnina

I guess Proklova will return to junior, so hopefully she will get two JGP events. They may want to give a chance to Kolomiets because she missed the whole season being injured, and Yushenko (because she ended up 7th). I just hope that they won't waste events on Pervushkina and Kayumova.Other skaters deserve it more.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I just love how close Tsurkaya's PCS is to Masha's....

Really? I don't. Masha is way better IMO. Tsurkaya has big jumps and that's about it. Plus if she's that tall at 12 she'll likely grow too tall to land her jumps consistently down the road. The program also seemed like she was just waiting for the 2nd half and then threw in loads of jumps. I mean, she's obviously very talented, but I'm just not getting the hype at this point.