Russian Senior Nationals, Sochi 24-28 Dec 2014 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Russian Senior Nationals, Sochi 24-28 Dec 2014

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Hey guys, I know there's no certainty yet regarding what livestreams may or may not become available, at least until the final minutes leading up to the events, but...

Trying to decide whether or not I should drag my butt out of bed at 5 a.m on Christmas morning for the off chance that we might find livestreams for the Mens, Pairs, and Dance shorts tomorrow.

Thoughts? Scale of 1 to 10 on whether I should do it?

I figure I'll at least set my alarm and see if any new links pop up right before the events... otherwise, I may be right back in bed within minutes. :laugh:

Well, I'm planning to do exactly that, so you won't be the only crazy person. :) Only because the men are my favorite discipline, and the Russian men in particular. In the worst case scenario, with no videos at all, someone will surely be Tweeting or posting on VK...but I feel like someone will post video...they simply have to!

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Sundays Gala tickets are sold out (7500). For comparison - on Thursday and Friday they sold only 3500 tickets and on Saturday - 5000 tickets.
That's because a lot of non-fans like attending the gala I think: they don't really care about the competitions, they just want to enjoy some fun skating (this is what happens in Italy when we have a gala right after Nationals: the "real" fans go to both, but most of the people arrive just in time for the Gala)
Hey guys, I know there's no certainty yet regarding what livestreams may or may not become available, at least until the final minutes leading up to the events, but...

Trying to decide whether or not I should drag my butt out of bed at 5 a.m on Christmas morning for the off chance that we might find livestreams for the Mens, Pairs, and Dance shorts tomorrow.

Thoughts? Scale of 1 to 10 on whether I should do it?

I figure I'll at least set my alarm and see if any new links pop up right before the events... otherwise, I may be right back in bed within minutes. :laugh:
I don't have this problem thanks to my time zone :biggrin: but I'm relieved that I'm not the only crazy one, since I would probably do the same if I were you :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
So excited for this! It's been a while since the Russian nationals have been so unpredictable and with so many strong entries across all disciplines.

adelia

Record Breaker
Sundays Gala tickets are sold out (7500). For comparison - on Thursday and Friday they sold only 3500 tickets and on Saturday - 5000 tickets.
Sunday Gala has plushenko. Also, weekend timeslots are generally better attended.

Last edited:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Why is the results page for Russian Nationals always such a bad one? No schedule, no links for protocols, the live results service is usually not really "live"

And why, to make it funnier, their TV broadcast is always so good? :p

Why is the results page for Russian Nationals always such a bad one? :mad: No schedule, no links for protocols, the live results service is usually not really "live" :no:

France used to be as bad but it's a bit better now. Slightly. At least, the protocols are available after the event is concluded.

Still wonder why they call both "live" results.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
France used to be as bad but it's a bit better now. Slightly. At least, the protocols are available after the event is concluded.

At the Russian website protocols are also available after the event is concluded. Usually, one protocol on a subpage :p

Merry Christmas :)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
As promised, I dragged myself out of bed super early on Christmas morning. So here I am, looking, hoping, for livestreams to appear... ;)

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
As promised, I dragged myself out of bed super early on Christmas morning. So here I am, looking, hoping, for livestreams to appear...

What's o'clock in your country? In Poland there is 11:58 a.m. :p

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Mine would be 5:58 a.m. Oh gosh, why did I get out of bed this early on Christmas. :rofl:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
And I don't think I can get back to sleep now. I guess I'll just stay up and use this "quiet time" to monitor results from Sochi while working some more on my CBC footage of the GPF (which is located in the GPF forum, if anyone is interested).

Merry Christmas, folks.