Shoma Uno's quad Lutz | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno's quad Lutz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
"Footwork preceding" is a pretty subjective call (although it's obvious in some cases). Whereas a singled axel (when a double or triple is required) or doubled solo jump (when a triple or quad is required) getting invalidated is a more tangible error that everyone can acknowledge objectively speaking.

It would not be so if you would specify the number & kind of steps required / allowed as well as limited time frame that you're obliged to make before such jump.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I believe the current rules for next season about preceding steps in the SP have actually muddled the waters even further instead of clarifying. At least with the wording about difficult steps you could have an objective list of what were considered difficult steps/skating movements. But now, this is what it says:

2) clear recognizable (creative, interesting, original for jump preceded by steps/movements of the Short Program) steps/free skating movements immediately preceding element

Eclair

Medalist
huh? I thought someone posted a video of Shoma jumping the quad sal here?

It looked pretty good! Shoma's strength clearly are the edge jumps and I'd love to see him work a 4sal into his programs next season!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
The last post seems to be deleted. Shoma landed 4S too. https://twitter.com/hitsuji_one/status/899267513304752129
Now he owned 5 kind of quad including 4T, 4S, 4Lo, 4F, 4Lz.

Nathan supposedly has landed 4Lo in practice so that'll make him own 5 kinds of quads too. Everyone owns as many quads in training as they practice and land. It's what they bring to competition that ends up counting in the end, though. Just let these guys practice their stuff in peace.

bestolen

Rinkside
If Shoma Uno uses cheated take-off technique to win Olympic medal, it'll be another case like Sotnikva in Sochi. Shame on ISU, shame on figure skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.