Skate America Television Coverage | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Skate America Television Coverage

SamuraiKike

Medalist
The Eurovision channel has been updated! Good news to us living in non-figureskating countries! Can't wait.

Unfrotunately this year is geoblocked for Central and South America too :( Who the heck bought the rights and didnt even bother to show it??

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Are there on-demand replays for the figure skating on Eurosport Player?
I don't see any way to replay last night's Skate America video?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I had no idea. I suppose I've always thought that Eurosport was only accessible to countries in, well, Europe. :drama:

Funnily enough, I used to think the same. It was only since I joined this forum, and saw the Australian members talking about what Eurosport showed over there, that I found out that they had operations outside of Europe.

The ISU stream is blocked in Australia for some reason!!!???????!?!?!?!???!?!?!!

I can only assume that it is because Eurosport operates in Australia, even though they are not showing the skating on the TV channel.

Incidentally, how come you only have Eurosport 1 in Australia, and not Eurosport 2 as well?

Unfrotunately this year is geoblocked for Central and South America too :( Who the heck bought the rights and didnt even bother to show it??

I just had a look at the Television Partners & Right Holders page on the ISU website, and they don't mention Central or South America at all! So, I haven't a clue!

Whoever they are, it does seem very unfair. Kinda like Eurosport not showing it in Australia.

Are there on-demand replays for the figure skating on Eurosport Player?
I don't see any way to replay last night's Skate America video?

Mmmm. Maybe they are not putting the LIVE coverage on the On Demand on Eurosport Player because they are showing coverage on ESP2 later on today (albeit not the full coverage).

You know, ever since Eurosport launched their On Demand service on Sky, I have frequently been frustrated with how many things there are that they have shown, but have subsequently not been put onto the On Demand service. So, I have to be honest, I am not surprised that the same is the case with the Player.

By the way, how long does it take after signing up for Eurosport Player for you to be able to watch stuff? Is it instant, or do you have to give it some time to kick in?

I'm just asking because it looks like the Eurosport Player is the only place where us in the UK will be able to watch the whole of the Gala. And I am trying to work out whether it would be better to register today or leave it to tomorrow.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

viennaskater

Medalist
By the way, how long does it take after signing up for Eurosport Player for you to be able to watch stuff? Is it instant, or do you have to give it some time to kick in?

I'm just asking because it looks like the Eurosport Player is the only place where us in the UK will be able to watch the whole of the Gala. And I am trying to work out whether it would be better to register today or leave it to tomorrow.

CaroLiza_fan

It's instant! :agree:

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
It's annoying that I pay a subscription to watch Eurosport but the player has better coverage including showing the Gala which they are not showing on television.
Eurosport always make very strange decisions.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
it looks like the Eurosport Player is the only place where us in the UK will be able to watch the whole of the Gala. And I am trying to work out whether it would be better to register today or leave it to tomorrow.

CaroLiza_fan

Russia looks like doing the best at least for the time being. The quality of the stream is very good - one can see it at Mao88's videos 2nd copy. 2 things that are bad are time difference (I cannot go past 2 first events) and the commentator. He is sometimes too obnoxious being too harsh to some skaters and too opinionated. Well, he is catering to the Russian audience...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee reminder that British Eurosport's highlights of the Short Programmes start at 16:00 BST, i.e. 55 minutes from now.

Unfortunately, the illegal streaming site that I always used to direct you to is now getting blocked by Firefox because of the virus-ridden adverts.

But, if you are willing to pay a small fee, you can get Eurosport Player, which will also get you access to the LIVE coverage.

http://www.eurosportplayer.com/

If you are outside the UK and Ireland, you will need to use a VPN (eg. Hola) and set it to the UK before you sign in to make sure you get the British Eurosport rather than your local version of Eurosport.

And don't worry, you have plenty of time to sign up before the highlights start.

It's instant! :agree:

Thank you! :bow:

It's annoying that I pay a subscription to watch Eurosport but the player has better coverage including showing the Gala which they are not showing on television.
Eurosport always make very strange decisions.

Well, just remember, the TV subscription is going to Sky/Virgin/whoever, whereas the Player subscription is going directly to Eurosport. So, Eurosport want people to sign up to the Player, as that is what makes them money.

By the way, there is 1h 30m of coverage of the Gala on BES2 on Wednesday morning. But, it starts at 6:30 in the morning! :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Like "Milwaukee" The word "Milwaukee" may come from the Potawatomi language minwaking, or Ojibwe language ominowakiing, "Gathering place [by the water]".[11][12] Early explorers called the Milwaukee River and surrounding lands various names: Melleorki, Milwacky, Mahn-a-waukie, Milwarck, and Milwaucki. For many years, printed records gave the name as "Milwaukie".

thank you! I love this kind of information. :love:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I am about to throw my computer against a wall and then out the window :cry: since all those streams kept freezing or flickering, I decided to cough up some money and pay for the Eurosport player. But now the darn ISU channel won't work. I saw that it's there and it told me there's a live stream, but I can't get to it. All it lets me watch is soccer and soccer and more soccer and I'm about to cry :cry: help?! Am I too stupid for this or do I have to go and hit a Eurosport person for personally annoying me?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I am about to throw my computer against a wall and then out the window :cry: since all those streams kept freezing or flickering, I decided to cough up some money and pay for the Eurosport player. But now the darn ISU channel won't work. I saw that it's there and it told me there's a live stream, but I can't get to it. All it lets me watch is soccer and soccer and more soccer and I'm about to cry :cry: help?! Am I too stupid for this or do I have to go and hit a Eurosport person for personally annoying me?

Everyone had this problem today...something went wrong...I complained about it to Eurosport.

On the U,S. NBC coverage, I was afraid the New Zealand All Blacks versus the South Africa Springboks rugby match might go over the time.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Everyone had this problem today...something went wrong...I complained about it to Eurosport.
ok so I'm not a complete idiot but I do need to find me a Eurosport person for anger management? Got it :sarcasm:
Thank you for the info! It's good to know that the problem doesn't seem to be on my end.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
ok so I'm not a complete idiot but I do need to find me a Eurosport person for anger management? Got it :sarcasm:
Thank you for the info! It's good to know that the problem doesn't seem to be on my end.

If they get more complaints, maybe they will look into it.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
If they get more complaints, maybe they will look into it.
I sent a complaint just now in case it helps. It didn't affect me tonight, but Ill be angry if it's not fixed for tomorrow...!

(I connected at start of Pairs FS, and it stayed connected right through to the end of Ladies FS - even though by then the ISU channel button had disappeared, and "watch now" from the schedule had stopped working)

Wonder if clocks changing has anything to do with it...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I can only assume that it is because Eurosport operates in Australia, even though they are not showing the skating on the TV channel.

Incidentally, how come you only have Eurosport 1 in Australia, and not Eurosport 2 as well?

I've no idea, but I'd love them to lay on a second. I just scrolled through the whole week in my TV guide and there's tennis, cycling, alpine skiing, and a metric ton of stupid frigging Euro league basketball, portugese league soccer, and european top 14 rugby that who the flip actually gives a toss about?

I've just loaded up the ISU stream page, going to test it on the Dance, since I don't really want to be scrambling around between groups on IceNetwork and looking for an NBC stream. It says that it will start in 14mins (countdown timer) and at the bottom it says "Content unavailable in the following territories: USA, Canada, China, Europe, Japan, Republic of Korea, Central & South America". Nothing about Australia, so I'm hopeful?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Those devils...! ISU channel has reappeared for me just now!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
someone please tell me that I'm not the only one who has no sound for the non-stop Eurosport commercials that are playing right now :sarcasm: