Skate America Television Coverage | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Skate America Television Coverage

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
NOOOOOOO! The countdown finished and said: "Due to rights restrictions this is not available in your country". IT'S AUSTRALIA FOR FLIP'S SAKE! NO-ONE SHOWS IT HERE!

EDIT:

Got the CBC stream working with my little unblocky friend. Will now leave it running and hope it sticks.

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
NOOOOOOO! The countdown finished and said: "Due to rights restrictions this is not available in your country". IT'S AUSTRALIA FOR FLIP'S SAKE! NO-ONE SHOWS IT HERE!

EDIT:

Got the CBC stream working with my little unblocky friend. Will now leave it running and hope it sticks.

Yes karne. I tried setting my vpn server to Sydney yesterday and got the same message. Odd and frustrating :disapp:. The only server I have been able to watch the ISU stream with so far is Singapore.
I am glad you were able to get CBC working for you. :cool: I'm watching CBC too.:popcorn:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Now that we're a few days into the GP series, have any of the other Eurosport player users been able to use a feature that's described as "Spoel terug tot 3 uur na de start van een live uitzending", i.e. "rewind up to 3 hours after the start of a live airing"?
I haven't been able to find such a feature at all. And not just on the figure skating channel, but not on any of the channels. So I was wondering if maybe it's just not available on the iTunes App store player version, but it is available for the laptop version?

edit to add: the features I have found so far are switching audio channels (in my case English and Dutch), Share (tell your friends what you're watching, Airplay (for streaming to the telly), and Multicam, so it's not like they're not accessible on the iTunes app.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now that we're a few days into the GP series, have any of the other Eurosport player users been able to use a feature that's described as "Spoel terug tot 3 uur na de start van een live uitzending", i.e. "rewind up to 3 hours after the start of a live airing"?
I haven't been able to find such a feature at all. And not just on the figure skating channel, but not on any of the channels. So I was wondering if maybe it's just not available on the iTunes App store player version, but it is available for the laptop version?

I signed up for Eurosport Player last night, and I have to confess that I haven't watched any figure skating on it yet. (I am going to watch the TV highlights so that I get to hear what Chris and Nicky say, and use YouTube to slot in the routines that were not shown).

HOWEVER, when I got up this morning, I was straight onto Eurosport Player for the China International Snooker. And I am currently watching both matches on the 3 hour delay!!!

2 tables in 2 windows side by side and (because there is no commentary until the final session of the day) the radio playing on top.

Pure bliss!

I know I used to do this with the illegal streams. But the crystal clear picture being able to re-wind has just made the experience perfect!

When the ISU channel on the Eurosport Player wasn't playing last night, I was wondering if I had made a mistake paying the £60 for the 12 month service. But now, I think it is the best £60 I have ever spent!!!

We have been complaining for years that Eurosport does not have enough channels to show everything that they have the rights for, and that some of the sports (like figure skating) are getting their coverage cut down because of it.

Well, with the Player, you do get the full coverage of all the sports that Eurosport has the rights to.

I would definitely encourage everybody to sign up for it.

EDIT: If it helps, I'm watching on Firefox on a Windows 7 desktop PC.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
And I am currently watching both matches on the 3 hour delay!!!
Okay, so it definitely does exist. In the computer edition. Thanks!
I guess I'll have to e-mail Eurosport and ask them why I cannot use this feature with the Apple app. If it simply doesn't exist in that app, then it's false advertizing on their part for leaving out such an important detail (it would have been very welcome these past two mornings being able to go back three hours and watch the men's event at a more convenient time).

When the ISU channel on the Eurosport Player wasn't playing last night
Definitely a strange mistake on their part, because the channel *was* playing, but it didn't show in the listings. The people who had already joined the channel before the ladies event just stayed on the channel. It was back this morning, though.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Okay, so it definitely does exist. In the computer edition. Thanks!
I guess I'll have to e-mail Eurosport and ask them why I cannot use this feature with the Apple app. If it simply doesn't exist in that app, then it's false advertizing on their part for leaving out such an important detail (it would have been very welcome these past two mornings being able to go back three hours and watch the men's event at a more convenient time).

Definitely a strange mistake on their part, because the channel *was* playing, but it didn't show in the listings. The people who had already joined the channel before the ladies event just stayed on the channel. It was back this morning, though.

I would be interested to hear what answer you get from them.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I would be interested to hear what answer you get from them.
E-mail was sent, now it's a waiting game. Preferably with a (positive) reply before Skate Canada, because I would really like to use this with the dead-of-night events. Three hours makes a lot of difference, as I can wake up early, but I cannot stay awake during the night. :eek:hwell:

cleo2070

Final Flight
Does anyone know if this "Smucker’s Skating Spectacular" (aka the gala?) is going to be on tv or streamed anywhere? Thanks in advance!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if this "Smucker’s Skating Spectacular" (aka the gala?) is going to be on tv or streamed anywhere? Thanks in advance!
the Eurosport player at least shows me that it's supposed to be streamed (let's see how that works out tonight :sarcasm: )

eta: this is shown as an ISU channel. So I'm guessing the other isu site will also have a stream (that will again be restricted depending on where you are and some vpn client might be needed)

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
the Eurosport player at least shows me that it's supposed to be streamed (let's see how that works out tonight :sarcasm: )

eta: this is shown as an ISU channel. So I'm guessing the other isu site will also have a stream (that will again be restricted depending on where you are and some vpn client might be needed)

Great! What time is the gala? Thank you :)

Johar

Medalist
I get NBCSN which is to show Skate America today but when I turned over it was showing Barclays Premier League Soccer.

Johar

Medalist
Friend from Detroit tried to watch Saturday coverage of Skate America only to have it replaced with football.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I get NBCSN which is to show Skate America today but when I turned over it was showing Barclays Premier League Soccer.

NBCSN coverage tonight from 10-11:30 pm ET is what USFS and NBC have been publicizing.

Was NBCSN supposed to air something this morning as well??