Tickets for the 2016 GPF Marseille | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Tickets for the 2016 GPF Marseille

uhh

Medalist
I don't know why you are all predicting carnage as people fight for the best unassigned seats - Euros 2013 was unassigned, the category I was in was pretty much sold out, and there were no queues or fights over seats.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Euros 2013 was unassigned,
Exactly. Euros, read: no Japanese. This is the GPF... chances are high Yuzuru Hanyu will be there. And where Yuzuru Hanyu is, there will be chaos. Only half-joking. ;-/

Fact is, I've seen some fighting (really, cat-fight between a Spanish lady and a couple of Japanese) for practice seats at the last GPF. People can get weird when Hanyu is involved.

carmen7077

On the Ice
The thing that I really don't like is that a lot of Japanese ladies just leave their scarves, bags (there are many of them) there and take 3 or 4 seats for themselves, even where there is actually only one lady watching the game. And when you ask: Can I take this seat? They will look at you very unpleasantly and the result is always not so good.

The same thing happened during the worlds. The first row was not occupied, but they are "occupied" with all kinds of bags and goods. I mean, seriously, if you are not watching the practice, just let someone who want to watch take the seat. I find it really annoying when there's actually seats available but people don't respect the seats.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
In Barcelona last year, this here was the queue for only the program book (like an hour before they even started handing out the next batch). This is what senior men's practice looked like. And considering the amount of Japanese fans I saw at the last two GPFs, they are not getting less enthusiastic. I have no problem with reserving a seat *for a while*. But like a third of those seats were unoccupied until the men's practice started. (ok to be fair, *some* of them bothered to show up for Mao) And if someone wanted to take one of those seats, there was a 50/50 chance for a good cat fight.

It's certainly not going to be a literal bloodbath, but if you want a good seat without a fight (and personally I define a "good seat" as not sitting way up high or somewhere in the corner) then you'll probably have to be there pretty early. I'm happy for you all if I'm wrong and it turns out completely different, but, personally, I won't rely on it.

But maybe you're lucky and Hanyu won't be there, then everything might be way more chill *runs as fast as her little legs will go*

Lunna

On the Ice
Last year in Barcelona I saw a real cat fight among of a big group of japanese ladys for the program book :scard7: and the good seats for practises were reserved from early mornings. I think you can buy an unassigned seat if you have a good company with you so someone will reserve your seat while you can go for a walk/to eat etc. cuz the comptition day is pretty long if you include juniors. As much as I was looking forward to GPF in Marseille after wonderful time in Barcelona I'd rather not go: I don't want to seat at the ice rink all day long without a break to reserve my seat and gold seats cost too much. I'll try to go to Men's event at WC instead. Only if there will be no opportunity for me to go to WC then I'll think about Marseille again in autumn.

Esopian

Final Flight
Okay I bought tickets for this event from ffsg.org, so how do I obtain my tickets? Would it be by mail, e-ticket or by pick-up? :confused: Is there a difference between ordering from ffsg.org compared to francebillet.com?

kelleigh

On the Ice
I don't know why you are all predicting carnage as people fight for the best unassigned seats - Euros 2013 was unassigned, the category I was in was pretty much sold out, and there were no queues or fights over seats.

I went to a few ECs from 2011 to 2015 also, everything's nice in peace and happiness - no Japanese skaters competed there(and never, good to know).

We saw the situation in Autumn Classic in Canada and the practice sessions in Barcelona. The queue and chaos we are predicting base on some evidences.

Anyway, we will see this year later. Let's hope our prediction will not becoming a real hard fact. I wish I am wrong on this issue too. I trust nobody here wishes seeing any cat fight or argument on spot.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Okay I bought tickets for this event from ffsg.org, so how do I obtain my tickets? Would it be by mail, e-ticket or by pick-up? :confused: Is there a difference between ordering from ffsg.org compared to francebillet.com?
I just took a look at the FFSG ticketing, and went part way through the order processs without actually completing the purchase.

For delivery it said "Livraison: Envoi postal (Gratuit)"
ie. "Delivery: Postal mail (free)"
I couldn't see any way to choose a different method of delivery/collection.

So I assume at some point during ordering, you entered your address?
And they will mail the tickets there, for free?

I had to pay extra for mail delivery of my FranceBillet tickets, so I guess for Cat1/Cat2 tickets it works out cheaper to buy from FFSG?

kelleigh

On the Ice

I had to pay extra for mail delivery of my FranceBillet tickets, so I guess for Cat1/Cat2 tickets it works out cheaper to buy from FFSG?

You know what, I have just found that there is a button for choosing print the ticket by myself. I am quite sure that little thing was not there when I bought the tickets. There were options for collecting at shop and delivery by mail only. Uh, whatever, I paid the little fee and that's all for the messy thing. :sarcasm:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
You know what, I have just found that there is a button for choosing print the ticket by myself. I am quite sure that little thing was not there when I bought the tickets. There were options for collecting at shop and delivery by mail only. Uh, whatever, I paid the little fee and that's all for the messy thing. :sarcasm:
Oh? On the FFSG site? That's strange, I checked again and I still don't see that option o_O

(I don't see that option from FranceBillet either - for the gold seats at least)

Edit: Ah, I do see the option on FranceBillet, but only for the Cat1/Cat2 seats

Edit 2: Wow, now I see the "print at home" option for gold seats as well on FranceBillet, and I no longer see the option to mail tickets. What's going on?! That's pretty annoying, because I would definitely have chosen "print at home" if that had been an option when I bought my tickets :-/

Last edited:

kelleigh

On the Ice
Oh? On the FFSG site? That's strange, I checked again and I still don't see that option o_O

(I don't see that option from FranceBillet either - for the gold seats at least)

Edit: Ah, I do see the option on FranceBillet, but only for the Cat1/Cat2 seats
Edit 2: Wow, now I see the option for gold seats as well, what's going on?! That's pretty annoying, because I would definitely have chosen "print at home" if that had been an option when I bought my tickets :-/

Yeah, you see... I paid the delivery fee 4 times for 4 tickets... and now they silently put another option on the website. Definitely I would have chosen print at home too if I could as there would be no waiting and risk of lost delivery. The small amount doesn't kill me but the management of organizer does. It really sucks.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yeah, you see... I paid the delivery fee 4 times for 4 tickets... and now they silently put another option on the website. Definitely I would have chosen print at home if I could as there would be no waiting and risk of lost delivery. The small amount doesn't kill me but the management of organizer does. It really sucks.
Yes, annoying.

On top of what you said - it is also nice to be able to reprint, if a ticket is lost.

Oh well. Although I missed out on the "print at home" option by buying early... I did have the advantage of more choice of seats at that time, and I got pretty much the exact position I wanted.

Last edited:

kelleigh

On the Ice
Yes, annoying.

On top of what you said - it is also nice to be able to reprint, if a ticket is lost.

Oh well. Although I missed out on the "print at home" option by buying early... I did have the advantage of more choice of seats at that time, and I got pretty much the exact position I wanted.

That's true! I prefer getting my current seat rather than having the choice of printing it at home then :biggrin:

Comparing to Barcelona last year, it looks to me that the golden seats are being sold way slower. There are still a lot of brilliant seats.

carmen7077

On the Ice
Eh, they have this new option of printing at home? Feel being robbed again: first it was putting cat1 as best available and the next day announcing there's golden, then it was the quiet ticket sale for all time with almost zero information about practice, competition assignment, now even the delivery.

-update-
I just checked the website. Is it true that the delivery to the world option disappeared entirely? There's now only print at home choice. OMG the 2016 GPF do have a lot of limited collection:

The mysterious all event ticket!
The postal dilivered golden seats!
What else can we expect

Last edited:

kelleigh

On the Ice
Eh, they have this new option of printing at home? Feel being robbed again: first it was putting cat1 as best available and the next day announcing there's golden, then it was the quiet ticket sale for all time with almost zero information about practice, competition assignment, now even the delivery.

-update-
I just checked the website. Is it true that the delivery to the world option disappeared entirely? There's now only print at home choice. OMG the 2016 GPF do have a lot of limited collection:

The mysterious all event ticket!
The postal dilivered golden seats!
What else can we expect

That's what I saw, the delivery option has gone. It has become 'print at home'. I have already given up to try to understand the reasons behind their works.

Upnights

On the Ice
I had registered with francebillet.com with my address (in the U.S.), so they had that for mailing my tickets. I got an email from them yesterday saying that my tickets were being mailed, receipt signature would be required, & I should contact them if the tickets don't arrive in 15 days.

I wish I'd seen a print-at-home option when I bought my tickets, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there.

Anyway, I hope everyone gets the tickets they want & things go more smoothly than experience so far indicates!

edkwok

Spectator
Received my tickets from francebillet by DHL. I am in Hong Kong. I also received the 15 days email.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

InnaR

Rinkside
Received my tickets from francebillet by DHL. Took less then a week between email with tracking # and actual delivery. I am in US.

melmel

On the Ice
Sooooo.... I still don't see it but is there any all event tickets ? because if not it's going to be way too much expensive for me T_T