What are we excited to see in the 2015-2016 season | Golden Skate

What are we excited to see in the 2015-2016 season

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know there's still the WTT left, but basically the season is about over. So I've been wondering, what are you guys uber excited for next season? ANYTHING relating to the 2015-2016 season regarding to skaters and competitions.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I desperately need Volosozhar and Trankov back (hopefully with some substantive programs!). Also, it'll be very interesting to see these renewed Patrick/Yuzu rivalry, and hopefully Denis and Javi can be in the mix. I think the men's field will be more exciting in that regards instead of it always just being a fight for bronze (though it may still be). In the ladies, hopefully Julia will be back in some form. I'm glad Gracie finished the season on a good note and that she can regroup over the summer.

I'm going to try to go to Skate America and maybe even Worlds.

dress

On the Ice
Liza
chan vs hanyu (healthy) vs Javier
How D/R will push the tes
Nam improving
Adelina
G/P new programs
If D/W or V/M will makea comeback
Is Gracie going to perform or bomb again

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I know there's still the WTT left, but basically the season is about over. So I've been wondering, what are you guys uber excited for next season? ANYTHING relating to the 2015-2016 season regarding to skaters and competitions.

No, no... can't think of that :laugh: Haven't even seen all from worlds yet...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Hope to see a lot of skaters who were absent this season. Except Patrick Chan maybe, I didn't miss him at all.
Really fingers crossed for P/C to have another wonderful FD, and not meet the same fate as C/L had this year.

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm really excited to see Mariah Bell develop as a skater. I desperately hope she receives a GP assignment. If Kori is able to help her become as consistent as Jason and she gets a triple-triple under her belt, she could contend at Nationals. And I don't say this because I want to start hyping her as the "next big thing" but I do really enjoy her skating and hope to see her do well next season.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I agree I am excited to see Mariah Bell next season. She really lit up the arena live at nationals and has great lines on the ice - not to mention the jumps, spins, skating skills, and coaching team required to make it to the top. I am also excited to see how Josh and Jason develop over the summer. I really think these two men have the potential to contend for those top spots. I am also excited for Gracie to get new programs - she showed she still has it in the LP at worlds and her exhibition number was gorgeous! Hopefully she plays to her strengths in her program selection for next season. Finally, I want to see Hawayek and Baker really emerge as a medal threat in all their competitions next year and make the world team. It's hard not to love their skating and they have a great work ethic - anything is possible!

Noolan

On the Ice
Russian junior girls and Shoma Uno moving into seniors, Olympic champions coming back, really hope to see some GOE growth in Radionova and Satoko and better programs for Tuktik. If we'll get to see a big breakthrough from some Japanese skater, that would be great - I hope Rika, Kanako, Daisuke or Mura can really step it up and develop into something amazing.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
New seniors - Evgenia, Serafima(?), Alexander Petrov

Hoping to see Adian Pitkeev get a stable quad and become stronger

Hope to see Sergei get a 4S and continue to get better & better in his advanced age. ;) Menshov too (he isn't retiring!)

I have not missed PChan at all, so I hope Nam keeps improving & can maintain his status as Canada's new #1. I'd like to see Kevin Reynolds come back healthy too.

I'm excited to see brand new programs for everyone, and hopefully no more caftans for Liza.

Yuzuru healthy for an entire season. Is that too much to ask?

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. I can't wait for Jason and Josh to show their skills off more at competitions
2. I want to see more 3As from Liza
3. I'm excited for all the competitions ESPECIALLY worlds.
4. I hope so badly Kevin Reynolds comes back to get redemption and show he's not a one or 3-time wow moment (I didn't know how to word it out). What I mean is like from 2013 4CC, 2013 Worlds, and the 2014 Olympics men's fp from the team event. Even if he does get to having better consistency, artistry, and full rotations, by NO means am I going to not be uber nervous for him anymore. I will always be. Though maybe to a smaller degree.
5. Following off of #4, I HOPE SO BADLY Kevin makes the 2016 Worlds team so that I can hopefully make one of my dream come true to see him skate live at worlds. And for him to finally win a national title. Though to be honest, as an uber fan of him, I'm thinking that's not likely.
6. I hope Liza breaks the Ladies SP WR and POSSIBLY the FP WR and overall WR.
7. I hope Jason will get a quad and do at least one beautifully.
8. Hopefully a healthy Yuzuru. We had enough scares already!
9. I hope Misha finally wins a GP medal.
10. I hope Alaine Chartrand gets better at landing jumps in her FP so she'll have even less UR, downgrades, less two-foot landings, and higher GOE on them.
11. I hope the American ladies can finally get a medal at worlds.
12. I'm excited for Polina to have a better GP series.
13. I'm excited for the US junior pairs! I hope they can get stronger so that when they become seniors, we'll have strong pairs teams.
14. Too many more to list.

kinoriH

Final Flight
Waiting to see a real russian rivalry between V/T , Stolbova/Klimov and Tarasova/Morozov.

kresslia

Medalist
I'd like to see Kevin Reynolds come back healthy too.
This too. Would certainly make the fight for the World team a bit more interesting, though it seems like Skate Canada has kinda dumped him in favour of Nam now. Too bad there aren't 3 spots.

moriel

Record Breaker
1. Liza and more Liza
2. Volosozhar/Trankov back, Stolbova/Klimov and Tarasova/Morozov doing well
3. Julia and Adelina back (now a dream is to see Adelina in dance, screw single)
4. A bunch of new seniors
5. Hanyu vs Chan vs Fernandez vs Ten

unico

Final Flight
No more blasted Phantom of the Opera (although I'm dreading to find out if anything else will take it's place). Mostly I'm just looking forward to some fresh, hopefully exciting, new programs. Some of my favourite programs came during the middle of the Olympic season (2011-2012), let's see if that holds true again.

Also looking forward to a bunch of juniors transitioning into seniors and a bunch of novice skaters becoming age eligible and transitioning into juniors. And also Chan's return, now that a handful of guys have more or less caught up.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
1. Liza and more Liza
2. Volosozhar/Trankov back, Stolbova/Klimov and Tarasova/Morozov doing well
3. Julia and Adelina back (now a dream is to see Adelina in dance, screw single)
4. A bunch of new seniors
5. Hanyu vs Chan vs Fernandez vs Ten

YES TO ADELINA IN PAIRS OR DANCE.
I want everyone to stop complaining about how they miss Mao. Yuna or caro. Seriously like get over yourself.

moriel

Record Breaker
No more blasted Phantom of the Opera (although I'm dreading to find out if anything else will take it's place). Mostly I'm just looking forward to some fresh, hopefully exciting, new programs. Some of my favourite programs came during the middle of the Olympic season (2011-2012), let's see if that holds true again.

Also looking forward to a bunch of juniors transitioning into seniors and a bunch of novice skaters becoming age eligible and transitioning into juniors. And also Chan's return, now that a handful of guys have more or less caught up.

yesss forgot to place it as 1st... no more POTO - although we dont know yet, there will be like 10 POTO programs all the same >.<