What The Fabric Costume Award | Page 4 | Golden Skate

What The Fabric Costume Award

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isabeau gets two noms, I see. Lovely girl, but her costumes are like the little girl with the little curl, when they are good they are very very good... when they are bad she is decked in mud snakes :palmf:
:ROFLMAO: She learned from her faux paus and came to worlds with two lovely costumes. She learned quick, it takes others multiple seasons sometimes to learn the hard way.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
noted!

sorry, we're not looking for standard beauty here, you should know :ROFLMAO:

i'm not sure Eco-Maurizio has the WTF factor with this costume (i love it btw, it's one of my favourite for this season), but i'll wait for my partner opinion :biggrin:
I love both Donovan and Maurizio and their tasteful attire, but they belong in a best costume contest. That would have about a bazillion entries and be impossible to judge. I don’t think either of us have the stamina for such an endeavour. Imagine how many difficult eliminations there would be, how many friends would we lose, nope I will not touch that with a pole, not even a ten foot pole. To me those are all winners and I will just say Bravo Donovan! Bravo Maurizio!

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Regarding voting (once all entries are in). - it will be one vote per category and you can only vote once overall. No stuffing the ballot box,

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Naah, those are way too tasteful and there are words to describe them.
I think the wtf awards should go to costumes where you are just left speechless and all there is left to say is wtf.

I was thinking about nominating Zich's short program costume or Savitsky's polka dots, but there are already better nominees in the initial post.
that's exactly the spirit. we don't want Zendaya here, we need the starlette in her little sister's art assigement

gettyimages-2151233724-612x612.jpg

Isabeau gets two noms, I see. Lovely girl, but her costumes are like the little girl with the little curl, when they are good they are very very good... when they are bad she is decked in mud snakes :palmf:

ps - Johnny should get the Hall of Fame both for competitive and show cozzies. Fact.
the girl is a goldmine and i thank her for this :biggrin:

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I still want a pair though. ;)
Same.
I can tell you as an actual survivor of the eighties fashion: Piper was sensational. If this was Most Memorable Costume Award, I would nominate her no thinking.

Maybe I should even now. But then again: I don't remember what Paul was wearing (just like I don't remember what Tim was wearing btw). Wasn't it supposed to be a double act? :scratch2: In the case of Charlene & Marco, I completely forgot what they both were wearing. I had to look them up via the link in the list (which was worth it). So, it's fair enough here.

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
So, if an Academy Award is called an Oscar, and an American Theater Wing award is called a Tony, can we call the WTF award a Vinyl Giraffe for Ilia Kulik's OG WTF costume?
Obviously the award has to be called an Elektra. Duh!

And for the most WTF costume of all time, I nominate Domnina/Shabalin’s “Aboriginal” OD costumes, from the 2009/10 season.

Last edited:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Same.
I can tell you as an actual survivor of the eighties fashion: Piper was sensational. If this was Most Memorable Costume Award, I would nominate her no thinking.

Maybe I should even now. But then again: I don't remember what Paul was wearing (just like I don't remember what Tim was wearing btw). Wasn't it supposed to be a double act? :scratch2: In the case of Charlene & Marco, I completely forgot what they both were wearing. I had to look them up via the link in the list (which was worth it). So, it's fair enough here.
all members of teams are judged separately
Ah. So this is a more expansive version of my Golden Cabbage Award! Nice.

As a professional in the field, I'm not sure whether I'd like my work nominated or not... :laugh: (Reckon I need to raise my game, though!)
you should aim to get one! you have some work to do madame :biggrin:
So, if an Academy Award is called an Oscar, and an American Theater Wing award is called a Tony, can we call the WTF award a Vinyl Giraffe for Ilia Kulik's OG WTF costume?
the Golden Liver :biggrin: because you got to be drunk to come up with certain ideas...also i love boze:D
Obviously the award has to be called an Elektra. Duh!

And for the most WTF costume of all time, I nominate Domnina/Shabalin’s “Aboriginal” OD costumes, from the 2009/10 season.
thank-you.gif

icewhite

Record Breaker
I'd like to nominate Jana Khokhlova for the career award, although it will be hard to beat Weir, especially since it has to be considered that being a woman in ice dance makes it easier to have outstanding costumes. Anyway, she has given too much to the figure skating world to not be considered.

russias-jana-khokhlova-and-sergei-novitski-perform-their-original-dance-during-the-ice-dance.jpg

df97fbdca3b0a2d2183561f016773d1f

Jana_KHOKHLOVA_Sergei_NOVITSKI_EC_2009_OD.jpg

Or, on a second thought, maybe it should be Novitsky?

russias-jana-khokhlova-and-sergei-novitski-perform-their-free-dance-at-the-scandinavium-arena-in.jpg

I nominate them both.