What would you wish for Eteri Tutberidze to represent the United States ? Just for fun ! | Golden Skate

What would you wish for Eteri Tutberidze to represent the United States ? Just for fun !

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerjc77

On the Ice
If Eteri Tutberidze will represent the United States in the future season, I would like her to open a new school and coach Isabeau Levito, Lindsay Thorngren and Mia Kalin. And, make them the new American skaters with quadruple jumps.

Just for fun, what would you wish for Eteri Tutberidze if she will represent the United States for the next season ?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Sadly, I have no desire to see Eteri coach in the US, or anywhere, until she's served some kind of penalty time for her behavior. Now, if Russia could send us Plushy........I'd be the happiest I've been in years. :love:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
If Eteri Tutberidze will represent the United States in the future season, I would like her to open a new school and coach Isabeau Levito, Lindsay Thorngren and Mia Kalin. And, make them the new American skaters with quadruple jumps.

Just for fun, what would you wish for Eteri Tutberidze if she will represent the United States for the next season ?
My wish is that they keep her the hell away from the North American girls. Her way of teaching is nothing but abuse.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have no doubt that there are sadly North American "stage parents" who might sign their children up for skating with Eteri.

Except even the stage parents would realize, AFAIK, that she has no credibility with the US Fed and in terms of skating politicking, the Eteri name would be a hinderance and not a help.

Therefore, I wish that she teaches adult skaters, and only adult skaters. That she teaches only those who will push back and say, I'm not putting up with any horse manure, I have a life outside of the rink and I'm paying you to teach me skating skills, period, so teach me skating skills. And that she goes to adult competitions where the skaters support each other and have a good time despite competing with each other.

Maybe she can learn a thing or two. We all can learn something. :) That would be great.

McBibus

On the Ice
I have no doubt that there are sadly North American "stage parents" who might sign their children up for skating with Eteri.

Except even the stage parents would realize, AFAIK, that she has no credibility with the US Fed and in terms of skating politicking, the Eteri name would be a hinderance and not a help.

Therefore, I wish that she teaches adult skaters, and only adult skaters. That she teaches only those who will push back and say, I'm not putting up with any horse manure, I have a life outside of the rink and I'm paying you to teach me skating skills, period, so teach me skating skills. And that she goes to adult competitions where the skaters support each other and have a good time despite competing with each other.

Maybe she can learn a thing or two. We all can learn something. :) That would be great.
you mean someone who would say "I don't want to risk becoming an invalid at 18 y/o?" when asked to train with a cast after the doctor explicitly forbide any cardio effert to limit the blood flow in the injuried zone?
We saw how that ended
We saw how it ended with Zenya.

But it seems she could train adults for shows :giggle:

She's an excpetional "teacher" for youngster but not a good individual coach for adults.
Note: moral discussion on her methods is on another plane that should not be mixed because a) her results are undeniable and b) no results justify abuse

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight

No thanks.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I have felt so often watching Russian skaters - and Eteri skaters in particular -
that they as international competitors have painted themselves into the proverbial corner. On the one hand the drive to be the best in the sport is evident; in the Russian threads on this forum they moan over and over the unfairness of the current ban and also stating Russian skaters cannot be surpassed. My point is why do they need to compete with skaters from other countries at all .. I said to myself years ago “they will end up competing against themselves eventually”. Somehow this is not pleasant or fun for me to watch as a fan. Mentally I separate them from other competitors and enjoy each on their own merits and pray Eteri skaters remain healthy later in life tho Yulia Lipnitskaya has certainly managed!
And Isabeau, Lindsey and Mia will do just fine without Eteri ..

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia

And what would you wish to Alice Liu if she decided to resume her career - but as a Russian figure skater and under the guidance of Eteri already this season?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

A jail sentence for child abuse

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Diana competing for the US = messy drama, entertainment, a little bit of spice to ice dance, harmless
Eteri coaching in the US = no

Status
Not open for further replies.