Who's Going to Worlds? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Who's Going to Worlds?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I may have my friend do half of them at the same time as well. Are they very strict with assigned seating? Like if we get seats in the same section but not next to one another, could we just sit next to one another despite the tickets saying otherwise?

I wouldn't count on it. You are only guaranteed the specific seat printed on your ticket. You might be able to sit in nearby seats that you don't hold tickets for, but only if the seats are empty and the ticket-holders never come to claim the seats. If you are sitting in the balcony during the Short Dance at 10am Wednesday, I bet there will be tons of empty seats. But down in the lower bowl during the Ladies/Men events, not so much.

Worlds is not general admission, so the venue staff will enforce the assigned seating if anything is brought to their attention.

winky97

Medalist
I bought an all around balcony ticket but have been considering buying a couple of really good tickets for ladies short and long which is my favorite event. How good are club seats at the Garden?

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I wouldn't count on it. You are only guaranteed the specific seat printed on your ticket. You might be able to sit in nearby seats that you don't hold tickets for, but only if the seats are empty and the ticket-holders never come to claim the seats. If you are sitting in the balcony during the Short Dance at 10am Wednesday, I bet there will be tons of empty seats. But down in the lower bowl during the Ladies/Men events, not so much.

Worlds is not general admission, so the venue staff will enforce the assigned seating if anything is brought to their attention.

All true but depending on where you are sitting and what part of the event it is, you may be able to sit together for awhile here and there....if someone comes and wants their seat, you politely and quickly move....you never know....if a good meal opertunity comes along, you may not see me in my seat for the first half of the Men's final, for instance. Also, I have seen more than once people trade tickets for various reasons.....maybe someone wants your aisle seat and you want to sit next to your friend...maybe you are two rows ahead of your friend and you can trade your entire package with the person sitting next to your friend...they get a closer seat, you get your friend..never hurts to ask....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Okay, I'm still thinking about it. It is likely if I go, I will only do two free skates and be in Boston for a flying 3-day trip. This way I can leave Mr. P with Baby P for just a few days.

Please convince me why I should go...:D

1. Mr. P will gain a whole new appreciation of you! LOL!
2. This is gonna be a great event.....You dont want to go through life regretting missed opertunities....
3. How often are you going to be able to see Worlds in the US where you can go? I never regretted going to any skating competition, and I have been to many...I HAVE regretted many times not going to Nats Portland and seeing MK win...:hslap::sad14::bang:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yes, I may have to do this (call). Too bad there's no "add to cart" feature. I would've just gotten an all-event ticket months ago but I wasn't sure if I would be getting the job I have now. I hope it's not too crowded tomorrow. Lol If not, I suppose I'll just go with the free skates first (men's, ladies', pairs' FS; men's, ladies', pairs' SP, they maybe free dance) and work my way back. :-

I may have my friend do half of them at the same time as well. Are they very strict with assigned seating? Like if we get seats in the same section but not next to one another, could we just sit next to one another despite the tickets saying otherwise?

Good luck, good hunting, and report back on the experience.....! Sometimes the computers are kind or you can get ahold of a real human bean and they will help you...Bon Chance!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
CoyoteChris, thanks for your advice! Another question...I'd like get seats on the same side of the rink that the judges will be sitting, if possible. Is there any way to tell where they will be?

Judges and general info placement is on the arena map on the ticketing website...secs 22, 1 and 2.. Personally I dont like to be on the same side as the Judges...one can get some obtructions in the way if one sits near the ice.....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Because:

1. I am not a native of Boston, I am not even a native of America, and I feel safer staying in an "official" hotel where large numbers of people will be walking the same route to and from the arena every day.

2. I absolutely do not trust as far as I could throw them any unregulated industry like that. There are plenty of horror stories about AirBNB including rapes, kidnappings etc. And also, I looked up the dates for Worlds and the Boston location and it's actually not any cheaper.

And speaking for us old coots, we like a nice room with OUR bathroom and someone to clean up after us and pamper us....

Ophelia

Record Breaker
^You get your own bathroom on Airbnb...

Well for everyone whose complaining about price and not being able to find hotel lodging, Airbnb is the way to go, just saying.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
So for individual tickets tmrw, this is what I understand:

Premium Level: Few tickets left
End Lodge: Few tickets left
Balcony Circle: Few tickets left

So...will everyone be able to get tickets? Or are a bunch of us going to be dissatisfied tmrw?

Ophelia

Record Breaker
What is the diff. between premium lodge and club level? I don't see a "club level" in the arena map that ISU's page provided.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
So for individual tickets tmrw, this is what I understand:

Premium Level: Few tickets left
End Lodge: Few tickets left
Balcony Circle: Few tickets left

So...will everyone be able to get tickets? Or are a bunch of us going to be dissatisfied tmrw?

I'm curious about this as well. I don't want all the seats to sell out in the first 5 minutes...

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I think everyone's gonna be squared away in a conference room frantically refreshing their pages.

sweetsugar1613

Rinkside
Hey there! I'm also a DC resident. I'm flying: flights to Boston if you buy them right now are 150$, easily cheaper or at the very least the same price as amtrak,which will take you like 6 hours. The flight is only an hour long.

I've already bought seats for world's with a friend, but hit me up if you do decide to come! Always looking for new friends who are skating fans. Shoot me a private message if you are ever interested in watching any events together, too. This goes for anyone else in the DC area: we skating fans have to stick together!

Cheers,
-Mark

Whooo And here I was thinking I'm the only one in DC that was into figure skating! haha :hap93:
And I just looked at flight prices and you're right-they're actually cheaper than Amtrack ($160 roundtrip). Thanks for info!

Ophelia

Record Breaker
How does the purchasing process work tomorrow? Do I have to click around the sections on the map and see what seats are available in each section? Isn't that a huge waste of time?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
How does the purchasing process work tomorrow?

I assume it will be similar to other sports events sold by Ticketmaster. We will find out tomorrow!

Do I have to click around the sections on the map and see what seats are available in each section?

If you choose the 'Interactive Seat Map' option, I would hope so! But, you need to first pick which section you'd like to sit in, though.

Isn't that a huge waste of time?

It would be a waste of time if you don't want to choose where you sit. You can always choose 'Best Available Seating' and have a computer automatically pick your seats for you. :)

Tammi

On the Ice
What is the diff. between premium lodge and club level? I don't see a "club level" in the arena map that ISU's page provided.
"Club" seats at the TD Garden are basically purchased for the year by season ticket holders (big in the US with basketball and hockey being played in the same arena). These seats are offered to the season ticket holders first and whatever is left over is released to the public. Inventory won't be known by Ticketmaster until the local box office gives them the remaining inventory.

I'm curious about this as well. I don't want all the seats to sell out in the first 5 minutes...
The LOC has already sold quite a few All Event seats, which diminishes the inventory greatly. I know we are very close to selling out the Ladies final already and expect that will happen within the first hour of the public sales.

If you can reach a real person at the box office by phone, that may be the best way to purchase multi-event tickets.

Last edited:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
It would be a waste of time if you don't want to choose where you sit. You can always choose 'Best Available Seating' and have a computer automatically pick your seats for you. :)

I know I want premium for men's, but there's several premium sections and I don't want to be clicking on all of them and going through them to see which one has free seats. Does that make sense?

Last edited: