World's 2018 - Info for fans in Milan | Page 4 | Golden Skate

World's 2018 - Info for fans in Milan

Dimitry

Rinkside
Can I just buy a return ticket from Malpensa Airport to the Assago and after the event hop off into Central Milan? Does Milan trains allow me to hop off in between a journey and then back on?
Sorry I don't really understand your question? :/ I might be able to help if you explain yourself a little clearer :)

aynia

On the Ice
Can I just buy a return ticket from Malpensa Airport to the Assago and after the event hop off into Central Milan? Does Milan trains allow me to hop off in between a journey and then back on?

Most tickets have a time limit. With metro you check out with your ticket as well, so they know where and how long you were travelling.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Met Piper and Paul, have their signatures in Canadian flag and cried from emotion when sat in the arena... I really made it

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Has anyone checked if Wifi is available? Visiting from London if anyone wants to make contact.

No. There is plenty of wifi, but all are password protected.
Iā€™m on 4G, local network TIM which works great, but I have unlimited data in Europe. :)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Quick note: having extra toilet paper with you is not a bad idea.
I just waited to get into the ladies toilet stall *with* paper, got a whole bunch of paper from there, dumped it in the other stall, and then told a volunteer to Get More Paper in the ladies toilets!
How come nobody before me had the common courtesy to do *either* of those things, and instead just tell the next person in line thereā€™s no paper?
Sometimes I donā€™t get people... ;-) Anyway, I hope the volunteer got the message through...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
The queues to both box office and arena are very long. I got here 30 min before start and just now got the tickets. I reckon there will be another hour before I'm inside [emoji29]

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ok, the queues sped up so I only missed one skater. They require you to remove bottle cap if you bring water into the arena. A lady had to hand over her thermos. Food was allowed.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
hi itsallok - i can't figure out the PM system so hope you get this message. Me and my husband are hoping to go to the Free Dance on Saturday, so could meet you afterwards, if we manage to get tickets. I don't have internet on my phone, so my replies may not be fast... hope you enjoy the skating and Milano. Ruth

itsallok

Rinkside
hi itsallok - i can't figure out the PM system so hope you get this message. Me and my husband are hoping to go to the Free Dance on Saturday, so could meet you afterwards, if we manage to get tickets. I don't have internet on my phone, so my replies may not be fast... hope you enjoy the skating and Milano. Ruth
Thanks... I've tried sending a PM (you just click on the person's name, there should be an option, or just reply to a previous message), let me know if you get it

mohawk

Spectator
Sorry I don't really understand your question? :/ I might be able to help if you explain yourself a little clearer :)

I was wondering if you could buy a return ticket from Malpensa Airport to Assago. And then on the return journey back from Assago, I wanted to get off at Centrale Milan and then a few hours later get back on to Malpensa. I'm not sure if Italy trains allow this but in the UK, if you buy a ticket from X to Y then you can get off in any station between X and Y and get back on again to Y.

Dimitry

Rinkside
I was wondering if you could buy a return ticket from Malpensa Airport to Assago. And then on the return journey back from Assago, I wanted to get off at Centrale Milan and then a few hours later get back on to Malpensa. I'm not sure if Italy trains allow this but in the UK, if you buy a ticket from X to Y then you can get off in any station between X and Y and get back on again to Y.

I don't think there are trains from Assago to Malpensa :/ I think you have to go to Centrale with the metro and then take the train

Katyaever

Rinkside
I would like to strongly caution those taking metro to the venue, do NOT buy urban tickets for 1.50, and confirm that the tickets you have will allow you to exit at Assago. They have a crew of men there targeting non-Italian speakers who will hold you until you pay 36.50 (per person) as a fine. They will try to take your passport and will extort money from you to get it back. Really bad experience this morning, tainted the event for us (family of four, so 36.50*4 for a metro ride which should have cost 8 euros total).

itsallok

Rinkside
I would like to strongly caution those taking metro to the venue, do NOT buy urban tickets for 1.50, and confirm that the tickets you have will allow you to exit at Assago. They have a crew of men there targeting non-Italian speakers who will hold you until you pay 36.50 (per person) as a fine. They will try to take your passport and will extort money from you to get it back. Really bad experience this morning, tainted the event for us (family of four, so 36.50*4 for a metro ride which should have cost 8 euros total).
How stressful, I hope you can just forget it, and enjoy the skating.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Does anyone know whether monopods are allowed in the stand? I don't think tripods are but monopods occupy much less space or wouldn't hinder the view of others if you don't remain constantly standing...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I had the exact same thing happen and was thoroughly disgusted. I spent 15 minutes trying to buy the right ticket out of the machine and finally bought one that was 10 Euros. It was not like I was trying to pay 1.50 for a 2.50 ride. Anyway, I got accosted by these same men and did pay the $36.50 on my cr card. I have no intention of paying it and immediately will put it in dispute when I get home. Some people paid them cash. Good luck getting that back! That was a low life, nasty, despicable thing to do. The people who were there when I was were Swiss, German, Irish, American, Canadian. Obviously people didn't understand the system, and there is absolutely no one in the stations to help (at least not my station). I finally yelled at the guy and told him he ought to be ashamed of himself and obviously these people were not trying to do anything devious. He didn't actually looked too thrilled at that point, but I was ready to go to jail before I paid, except then I would have missed the skating...This was GROSSLY unfair. Am trying to decide if I want to write this to the ISU or someone who might possibly (?) care. Sure, no one to help in the stations, but there were what -- 15 police waiting when we got off the train. Most unfortunate. I doubt that I would ever come back here for a competition. The whole thing was a set up plan because they knew all the visitors would have trouble with the system. And I'm actually kinda mad at myself that I pretty readily handed over my passport. Not good.