World's 2018 - Info for fans in Milan | Page 5 | Golden Skate

World's 2018 - Info for fans in Milan

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so sorry to hear of this, @Katyaever and @Arriba. Not only is it horribly unfair, but che stupido! Skating fans often have the means and opportunity to travel more than the average tourist, and these are folks who might possibly one day have returned to Milan. Not now.:laugh2:

Very disappointing.

bewitched

On the Ice
How long does it take to enter the arena before a competition? Is it okay to arrive 30 min before the start or I should be there even earlier to make it on time?

Sorry to read about the public transport problems! They take advantage of the fact that foreigners have no idea which ticket to buy (hich is actually the Italians' fault, they don't explain clearly the system) and actually I have seen this in other countries as well - it's they way to get some money from confused tourists.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How long does it take to enter the arena before a competition? Is it okay to arrive 30 min before the start or I should be there even earlier to make it on time?

Sorry to read about the public transport problems! They take advantage of the fact that foreigners have no idea which ticket to buy (hich is actually the Italians' fault, they don't explain clearly the system) and actually I have seen this in other countries as well - it's they way to get some money from confused tourists.

While we were on dinner break between ladies and pairs, I happened to look outside, and there was a HUGE line waiting to get in the arena for the pairs. My take on it, they don't have enough people doing the security check. I arrived at an off time (about 2 hours after the ladies started) and I walked right in. I think if you plan on coming for the start of an event, there are a lot more people at that time. Men start at 10 tomorrow, but I'm planning on getting there around 9:30.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
While we were on dinner break between ladies and pairs, I happened to look outside, and there was a HUGE line waiting to get in the arena for the pairs. My take on it, they don't have enough people doing the security check. I arrived at an off time (about 2 hours after the ladies started) and I walked right in. I think if you plan on coming for the start of an event, there are a lot more people at that time. Men start at 10 tomorrow, but I'm planning on getting there around 9:30.

Arriba, first of all, it was so lovely to meet You in the arena! :ghug:. And I feel incredibly sorry once again about metro situation, I am constantly in fear it will happen to me to be honest... despite having presumably a good ticket.

LaLola

On the Ice
We entered after the first group had already started and there was no line at all. But it is still so strange that you are not allowed to take bottle tops inside. The toilet situation is awful. There are way to less toilets, so all women started to use the men’s room yesterday. But there is a huge mall close the the arena. We spend the break between ladies and pairs there. I has one of the biggest supermarkets I‘ve ever been to, nice places to eat and luxurious toilets compared to the arena. Don‘t know if you can walk there from the arena - but if you have a car it only takes you two minutes.

Another thing I didn’t understand is that you need to pay for your drinks at one booth and then get your drinks at another booth. That makes you stand in line twice - stupid!

But otherwise the Italian crowd is really fun and we are having a great time in Milan!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
For those who still need to come, always get the U+1 zone ticket for a single trip (at 2,50 per ticket). Just buy a bunch at the same time, you’re set. You can get them from the machines by choosing [Through] and then the U+1 2,50
Or alternatively 2x6 trips U+1 (from ticket office)
Assago is outside the city limits, hence the extra zone charge!

ElyJacob

Spectator
Dear all,

Does anyone have gala tickets available? even one would be perfect! we can meet at the forum after we today’s Men’s short.

thank you so much!!!! <3

Ely

mige

Rinkside
Yesterday we could take in our SLR cameras without problem (not sneaky), today not allowed at all.
And you can't leave them in a locker or such, so just a warning for those who would have to go back to the hotel.

appleguy

Spectator
Hello, ElyJacob,

I can sell 2 tickets to the gala in the bronze zone. PM me if you wish to purchase them, even easier would be to PM me your number, so that I could contact you via whatsapp. But please note, that I don’t have a local phone, so also limited access to internet, thus an answer could be delayed. If you have not purchased the tickets yet, we can meet after the short dance today or somewhere tomorrow.

le01

Rinkside
I would like to strongly caution those taking metro to the venue, do NOT buy urban tickets for 1.50, and confirm that the tickets you have will allow you to exit at Assago. They have a crew of men there targeting non-Italian speakers who will hold you until you pay 36.50 (per person) as a fine. They will try to take your passport and will extort money from you to get it back. Really bad experience this morning, tainted the event for us (family of four, so 36.50*4 for a metro ride which should have cost 8 euros total).
We only had to use metro before the competition as we live nearby and no one was checking the tickets then. We actually purchased the most expensive 11 euro day passes to travel to the city as ticket machine instructions were confusing and we did not have internet.

KaliM

Rinkside
I'll be attending the Ladies Free tomorrow and I'll be alone. It may sound silly, but is the metro safe? I'll practically get in after the event ends and get off at the hotel, but still, it'll be close to midnight. Also, does the metro close after a certain hour?

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
How is the climate inside the stadium? Is it freezing? or well heated?

itsallok

Rinkside
So the men's room at London Heathrow was playing Moonlight Sonata this morning. A subtle nod to the French?

itsallok

Rinkside
I'll be attending the Ladies Free tomorrow and I'll be alone. It may sound silly, but is the metro safe? I'll practically get in after the event ends and get off at the hotel, but still, it'll be close to midnight. Also, does the metro close after a certain hour?
Wikipedia says 'The service starts at about 5:40 am and ends at about 0:30.' That will presumably vary in detail for different stations, but I'm sure will be fine for leaving Ladies Free at 2230-ish. Safety, no experience except it felt really relaxed this evening and I'm sure will be full of skating fans tomorrow. If you're worried, you might just buddy up with a skating group?

itsallok

Rinkside
Train tickets, I bought day tickets for extra urban area 'piccola' - 'abbonamento giornaliero cumulotivo, area piccola' from shop in metro (not available in machines or tobacconists), cost €5.80, and allow all the travel you need within Milan and to the forum.

KaliM

Rinkside
Wikipedia says 'The service starts at about 5:40 am and ends at about 0:30.' That will presumably vary in detail for different stations, but I'm sure will be fine for leaving Ladies Free at 2230-ish. Safety, no experience except it felt really relaxed this evening and I'm sure will be full of skating fans tomorrow. If you're worried, you might just buddy up with a skating group?
Thank you :) I kind of suck at striking a conversation, hopefuly it'll all work out XD

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone figured out where are TV commentators?

There is a very small booth to the right of the Kiss and Cry, but closer to the ice. Don't know if there is any other location. Saw Daisuke Takahashi broadcasting from there yesterday.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How is the climate inside the stadium? Is it freezing? or well heated?

When it's fuller, it's pretty comfortable. When it is less crowded, it feels colder. I'm wearing a blouse and fleece top. When it gets colder, I put on my winter coat. Kinda depends on whether you're the polar bear type.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dear all,

Does anyone have gala tickets available? even one would be perfect! we can meet at the forum after we today’s Men’s short.

thank you so much!!!! <3

Ely

Are you still looking for a gala ticket? I am considering not going. I will be at the Ladies Free on Friday and the Men's Free and probably Ice Dance Free Sat. I could get it to you then. My seat is in Section 19, Row 10, Seat 20 (an end seat). Very nice view.