Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 293 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
No, you could include a Biellmann both in a layback and upright position spins. It's classified as difficult variation on both spins. I mean Biellmann is an upright catch foot spin.
So she can perform this spin as well as another Biellmann as part of a layback? I thought there was a limit to how many times the Biellmann could be used, after people spammed it non-stop in early COP days. At least, I don't recall anyone doing two Biellmanns in one program recently.

I'd love to see her include this in the program (Biellmann spamming from Yulia doesn't bother me, since her hyper-extended Biellmann basically looks like another position entirely).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Biellman spamming!! :laugh2:

I've always considered the final position of her layback to be a "needle spin" and not really a Biellmans. I feel like its been called a candle spin too :confused2:

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Biellman spamming!! :laugh2:

I've always considered the final position of her layback to be a "needle spin" and not really a Biellmans. I feel like its been called a candle spin too :confused2:
Irina Slutskaya showing you how it's done!

Soooo... Is her new spin counted as a Biellmann, or just a half-Biellmann? Is the final position of her layback a Biellmann? Can she include her new spin in her programs, and if she can't, is there some way for her to get a Level 4 layback without the Biellmann position? :shrug: (Perhaps I should take a trip to Stupid Questions?)

Alba

Record Breaker
So she can perform this spin as well as another Biellmann as part of a layback? I thought there was a limit to how many times the Biellmann could be used, after people spammed it non-stop in early COP days. At least, I don't recall anyone doing two Biellmanns in one program recently.

I'd love to see her include this in the program (Biellmann spamming from Yulia doesn't bother me, since her hyper-extended Biellmann basically looks like another position entirely).

No I meant that a Biellmann doesn't come out only from a layback spin. I'm not sure how many times you can use it though. Her final spin position in the video is a Biellmann. As long as the boot is over the head it's a Biellmann. The difference is how well you can execute the element. How good your position is.

p.s. Biellmann spamming is great! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did I just see a perfect edge on a lipnitskaya lutz !!!! Wowzerz!!

No loop entry either ;)

I hope next season she kind of goes back into war mode. Not all nice and friendly backstage. Put on those head phones and scare the crap out of everyone again. I missed that this year.

Last edited:

SkateSkates

Medalist
That lutz was amazing! I have faith in her comeback Liza-style.
I wonder how her flip is going? If she is doing lutzes consistently like that one then she should go back to doing 2 in a program. It's stunning and BIG - especially with her new strength!

Alba

Record Breaker
Our girl is obviously working hard! :thumbsup: :yes:

I see that she answered questions again this evening. I'll translate smth tomorrow... not now, here is 3 AM... Good night, zzz...

Thank you so much borzaya. I very much appreciate it. :yes:
I love reading her. :love:

witcher

Match Penalty
Our girl is obviously working hard! :thumbsup: :yes:

I see that she answered questions again this evening. I'll translate smth tomorrow... not now, here is 3 AM... Good night, zzz...
:dance::thumbsup:

I managed to read, that they call her "Lipa" behind her back. :biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't stop watching that lutz. She has such a smooth style and effortless flow. :love:

Do we know if there is a new jump coach working with her or who it might be?

Last edited:

Imagine

Medalist
Weird, isn't she supposed to be like, loosing all her jumps or something...instead of getting upgraded ones? :rolleye:

Been experimenting with a video editor lately cause...why not. I've always wanted to give it a shot. My first video turned out to be a Yulia fan video. I just wanted to share it here and I hope its enjoyable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oL8UY7XIKQ

Last edited:

borzaya

Final Flight
Here you go :dance:

Q: What is your favourite place in Moscow (if there is any)?
A: My home.

Q: What is your most characteristic feature?
A: Changeability (of mood).

Q: What special ability would you like to have?
A: Mind-reading, power of persuasion...

Q: What is the most bold experiment that you did with your looks?
A: When I was 5, I did myself a haircut on my own :(

Q: What is the most important for you when choosing clothes - quality, fashion or feeling comfortable?
A: Feeling comfortable.

Q: Why don't you do axel in the gala performances?
A: Sometimes I do. But in the dark it's easier to do a toeloop.

Q: When you are upset, you constantly touch your nose, didn't you notice? I wish that you didn't touch it next season, please!
A: Ok, I will take care of my nose :)

Q: Do you have any nickname among your friends?
A: Out of earshot some people call me Lipa, and the friends - just Yulia or Lyulia.

Q: What is the most crazy or risky thing that you've done? Some people tell, for example, how they jumped out of a going train, can you remember smth like that?
A: Tried to break young horses, that's pretty extreme...

Q: Have you had your character and willpower since early childhood (maybe, inherited), or has it developed during these years of working, training etc?
A: Mom says that I've been "a little big boss" since my first days :) and in the course of time, in such surroundings, I mean skaters and their parents, one becomes persevering.

Q: What is your favourite element (apart from performed jumps)? (once in the past to the question "what's your favourite jump" Yulia answered "a performed one")
A: Lately I like gliding.

Q: Will you continue to work with Eteri?
A: Yes, I will.

Q: How are the trainings going?
A: Positive and productive.

Q: Are there any programs of the other skaters which inspire you, which you like to watch at YouTube to cheer up or just to enjoy?
A: I like almost everything of Tessa and Scott (especially their Carmen); P/C of this season; in the past I liked to watch Lena and Nikita, now I'm getting used to them in new combinations :) I like both Farris's programs this season, Brown has some interesting stuff... I like to watch many skaters, but this are those whom I really watch over and over.

QLutz

On the Ice
Slow-mo of beautiful outside edge: http://giant.gfycat.com/GloomyRingedErne.gif :love:

I like how deep and powerful her bend is, she is not trying to cheat anything or anyone in training for sure. :cheer2:

if she can relight the fire in her belly i think we'll all be blown away by how improved she is next season, especially considering that her super-long off-season will coincide with significant body changes including the already-apparent increased strength.