Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 583 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumededragon

Medalist
I think the problem is, he don't want to learn english. He said he don't like it and when you don't like something, you can't learn it.
He did say some time ago that he wanted to learn English and get better, tho. And it was easy to see in interview that he's making effort to talk more and more and get better.

The part “he came here with the strong will to win, and was perfectly prepared. That is especially why he is hard to recover from this defeat .” makes me feel pain more and more...
That's not surprising to me. That's why he needs rest and time to think. There're so many factors on what went wrong, he needs time for himself and with his family for relaxing (plus the injured foot+sloppy ice were of no help)

skatefan22

Medalist
Can you link the translation?

No, what I saw is just a short summary. The idea is the same as what Hamaguri posted: “he came here with the strong will to win, and was perfectly prepared. That is especially why he is hard to recover from this defeat .” and "they still haven't figured out what went wrong".

Sorrento

Record Breaker
No, what I saw is just a short summary. The idea is the same as what Hamaguri posted: “he came here with the strong will to win, and was perfectly prepared. That is especially why he is hard to recover from this defeat .” and "they still haven't figured out what went wrong".
I don't like the way it sounds.;) Sure they need to let go and deduct things together, Sherlock Holmes style.:)

wookchub

On the Ice
I think the problem is, he don't want to learn english. He said he don't like it and when you don't like something, you can't learn it.

I actually think over the last year since he has started really trying with English, he's gotten much better at it. He does more and more interviews in English now, and he struggles a lot less to do so. I think as well, interviews are tricky because he often gets questions about how he feels/felt and what he wants to achieve etc and it can be hard to navigate different tenses of an unfamiliar language, especially when being recorded.
I would imagine that with his coaching team he is much more relaxed with English, and probably has an easier time getting his point across because he'd be less worried about being 100% grammatically correct.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
p. 2406 - 2427

WORLDS – FREE SKATE – Other

video with PJ Kwong I know he is trying really hard to smile and be happy for Javi and him talking about his disappointing skate with his head down made me cry... But he looks like he is looking forward to next season programs and I guess he even wants to try a fun program as well!

Yuzuru's interview with TV4 Sport. He seems more positive in this one and his English is good too! I'm glad he realizes this FP was a mental error and it already sounds like he wants to work on it!

So sweet https://twitter.com/chimayu0909/status/716242081430134784?lang=fr

No matter what people can say, they make a good team and are doing good work together.

Has this Press conference of medalists already posted?
This thread moves so fast (as usual)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0dNkB_LKt8

Just saw a translation, according to Japanese media, Brian said he thinks this time it is hard for Yuzu to recover from the defeat and they still have no clue what went wrong.

http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXLASDH02H4A_S6A400C1UU1000/

WORLDS – Other

Michelle Kennedy ‏@ExaminerSkating 14m14 minutes ago

According to Orser Hanyu has a slight foot injury. He will be retuning to Japan, take a month off & then start new programs.

By today's article http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/sports/list/201604/CK2016040202000258.html
yuzu “I won’t show my frustration today. If I would, I couldn’t stop it.”

http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/sports/list/201604/CK2016040202000258.html
Mostly result based report, but the last simple word from Yuzu made me cry a bit. "I haven't let my regret(frustration toward myself" )out yet. Because If I do, I cannot controll myself(overflowing emotions). I will do better next year." He is holding back his tears, that is so much different from last year. Matured maybe, but somehow makes me even more sad. Because his pain seems deeper.

Just find great new programs to cheer up!

Next season is going to be very challenging for Yuzu, as Javi is now a 2 time WC and will no longer hold underdog components status to Hanyu and Chan, as Jackie Wong put it Javi is a legend-in-training in his article.

This fanart makes me cry...Yuzu in a documentary just before world talked about looking at the plaque at TCC (@0:13) which motivates him.

Come back stronger next season Yuzu, we continue to support you

I saw this photo https://twitter.com/BluecosmosH/status/716237501246013441 It's heartbreaking. I want to hug these two and tell them that everything is fine, they did what they could. Maybe they can share their hardships and then play some videogames to feel better. I have to say that I love the way Yuzuru looks when he is with Shoma, I hope they have a great friendship.

http://moscowm.blog61.fc2.com/blog-entry-946.html
For those who can read Japanese, this is Tarasova's commentary into Japanese. I hope someone can do translation later directly from Russian to English.

Her comment is warm
"You cannot do WR performance at every competition. He has been creating his records, the records for the entire world and records for the future for the whole season. So he must have been tired at this end of the season.
What I like him about is that he did not need to do that quad in the 2nd half. But that thought never occured to him. That's very Japanese."
"Well he just did not have that energy to break his own record today. BUt He did such a wonderful SP program and it was only 2days ago
"Anyway he has such a big lead in SP, no matter how high others jump or rotates, they cannot reach him" I guess Trasova after his performance still believed Yuzu would win.

OTHER

LETTER TO YUZU

BTW, does anyone write to yuzu? Keeping competing as an Olympic champion after taking all measure titles must be much tougher than we imagine. Showing our keeping supports must have a power (I've never written to yuzu, but this time i'm decided to do.).
Short message is also OK. He takes one month off this time and have time to read fan letters. Yuzu is the person who cherishes his fans more than else.

Attn: Yuzuru Hanyu
JAPAN SKATING FEDERATION
c/o Kishi Memorial gymnasium
1-1-1, Jinnan, Shibuya-ku
150-8050 Tokyo, JAPAN
(JSF forwards your letter to yuzu)

You can enclose your present.
but the items below are not allowed.
Food,
animal, plant,
Money, precious metal

ーーーーーーー
Japanese address
Please note, you outside Japan don't have to add the Japanese address. It's for fans in Japan!
〒150-8050
東京都渋谷区神南1-1-1 岸記念体育会館内
日本スケート連盟気付 ○○選手あて(←選手名を明記してください)

by JSF HP

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Can you link the translated version?
The part “he came here with the strong will to win, and was perfectly prepared. That is especially why he is hard to recover from this defeat .” is only my translation of Brian’s words「勝つという強い気持ちでここに来て、準備万端だった。それだけに立ち直るのは大変なんだ」. He was ready well but he lost. This makes his defeat more painful..
Further, like Plumededragon said below, so many factors of the failure are there, he can't still specify the cause.

That's not surprising to me. That's why he needs rest and time to think. There're so many factors on what went wrong, he needs time for himself and with his family for relaxing (plus the injured foot+sloppy ice were of no help)

Yes, he just needs rest. He is still 21 yo. (Yeah, ice was floppy and his injury is worrying me. ) Further, the crazy Japanese media bothered him. They did close coverage at Toronto this spring for the special TV aired on April 9. Now I hate the program. All I feel now is it was lucky that this year wasn’t Olympic year...

Last edited:

Lillian

Match Penalty
I actually think over the last year since he has started really trying with English, he's gotten much better at it. He does more and more interviews in English now, and he struggles a lot less to do so. I think as well, interviews are tricky because he often gets questions about how he feels/felt and what he wants to achieve etc and it can be hard to navigate different tenses of an unfamiliar language, especially when being recorded.
I would imagine that with his coaching team he is much more relaxed with English, and probably has an easier time getting his point across because he'd be less worried about being 100% grammatically correct.

True. It's frustrating when you can't express yourself and your feelings bc of the language barriere. I know this from my own experience, bc my english, *khm khm* :hopelessness:

Caustica

Final Flight
Whew, just caught up with 50+ pages and basically relived the heartbreaking feelings of last night :( Anyway! It was really interesting to read everyone's opinions.

A thought that came to me was: I think that Brian is probably a really good coach for dealing with the mental pressures of competition, the disappointment of coming second, etc. But then, talking deeply about such things requires a high level of English, which Yuzuru doesn't have. So I wonder to what extent Brian can really help him mentally there. Of course, I still think the partnership between Yuzuru and Brian is beneficial (as it has been shown to be): the facilities in TCC are great, it's good to train alongside Javi, etc. But I am not sure if Brian can really help Yuzuru a lot mentally given the language barrier.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
This is bad guys...I'm really worried about his emotional well being. I couldn't even sleep last night because I was so worried. His soul needs some healing...I hope the media will leave him alone, give him some time to cope.

Lillian

Match Penalty
Yuzuru is the only star right now and i think it would help him if the media would focus more on Shoma and other youngsters. It would be less stressful for him.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Whew, just caught up with 50+ pages and basically relived the heartbreaking feelings of last night :( Anyway! It was really interesting to read everyone's opinions.

A thought that came to me was: I think that Brian is probably a really good coach for dealing with the mental pressures of competition, the disappointment of coming second, etc. But then, talking deeply about such things requires a high level of English, which Yuzuru doesn't have. So I wonder to what extent Brian can really help him mentally there. Of course, I still think the partnership between Yuzuru and Brian is beneficial (as it has been shown to be): the facilities in TCC are great, it's good to train alongside Javi, etc. But I am not sure if Brian can really help Yuzuru a lot mentally given the language barrier.
If English will stop their fruitful cooperation then I don't know what is best for him anymore.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
only Hanyu knows what went wrong
in Monday he looked mighty and was not missing anything, but next day after day it was just going down and down
maybe that situation with Denis throwed him off, we don't know, and we will not know

Plumededragon

Medalist

Yuzu is learning more and more English, so eventually communicating will keep on becoming easier. Remember for Nationals, they had this talk in the K&C after the FP. I believe Brian can do well again.
And if it's still not enough, let's remember that Yuzu is going to come back to Japan and rest. And what's better for him to relax and have talks than with his family? :)

Lillian

Match Penalty
This is bad guys...I'm really worried about his emotional well being. I couldn't even sleep last night because I was so worried. His soul needs some healing...I hope the media will leave him alone, give him some time to cope.

And he still need to go back home after that disaster and answer questions like "why did this happen" :slink:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
only Hanyu knows what went wrong
in Monday he looked mighty and was not missing anything, but next day after day it was just going down and down
maybe that situation with Denis throwed him off, we don't know, and we will not know
Eventually we will. He will analyse it and most probably talk about in pre-season 2016/17 interviews. I just wish media would not bother him on this right now. The timing for this conversation at the moment is just wrong. Because he doesn't have the answer yet.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Gee, do people actually expect to be able to find out what's gone wrong just in a day and report it to the press? It usually takes some time to get to the root of the matter. and it's not always advisable to tell them what you found out.
anyway, I'm so thankful to Yuzuru for the wonderful rollercoaster ride he's given me this season. I'm privileged to be living at the same time with him. One misstep and one bad day isn't going to change it.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Could anyone please check if this user is quoting Nomura Mansai's interview or I got it wrong from Google translate? https://twitter.com/sttkgs/status/716268162723876864 (there are some other tweets continuing the quote).

She(he?) is a fan of Mansai. She got interested in Figure skating in relation to SEIMEI. She’s surprised it since she’d never been so interested in another field so far just because Mansai worked in it. She says Hanyu must have something to attract people to such extent.:)

Yeah, in Japan, Men’s FS is in the morning and now is midnight. I thought one night sleep would ease my mind, but now, I get more painful..:hopelessness:
(btw, you still have Ladies or so? Please take care!:))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.