2014 Skate Canada Practice Reports | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Practice Reports

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Max left the cute jog out of his SP run through. You know the one part of his US Classic performance where he actually smiled and did an adorable little jog in place after he fell. . . . yep. . . jog was improvised and not in the version that he does not fall. I'm rather sad, I liked his cute little jog and wanted to see it incorporated officially.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Because Max is looking sooooo hot in the practice I am rooting for Max to win!! :biggrin:
Of course if my hot Javi skates well and wins I will be delighted as well, but it won't hurt me if it's Max.

lutzlover

On the Ice
Because Max is looking sooooo hot in the practice I am rooting for Max to win!! :biggrin:
Of course if my hot Javi skates well and wins I will be delighted as well, but it won't hurt me if it's Max.

I feel the same way; max looked so sad and angry with himself at the US Classic even though he skated two great programs. Hopefully he can win or make it onto the podium

unico

Final Flight
I kind of tuned out for some of the practices, but Menshov landed an absolutely textbook 4T-3T during his run-through. Hoping the best for him tomorrow! 2nd group is taking the ice now.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

If that's the criteria we're going to use, then I don't know who I root for, because at least half of them look pretty good to me. :slink:

But please, Kostya, don't let me down...

unico

Final Flight
Kozuka: 4T step out, hot and cold with the other jumps, lots of pops, others landed fine... His skating quality is so lovely but how much do I trust his jumps?!?! (I don't, I don't trust his jumps) I'm not sure if it's just the stream but his movements also seemed a bit off timing-wise?

Mura: Looking pretty solid again. Only did a 2T instead of a quad but it might have been planned.

Fernandez: My biggest headache takes to the ice. 4S step out. Oh OK, didn't do the rest of the jumps. I want to force him to listen to that Madonna music on repeat from now until tomorrow, DON'T GO FOR SECOND BEST! SECOND BEST IS NEVER ENOUGH!

TangoTraumatica

On the Ice
Pairs is on. Really hoping that Kirsten MT and her new partner were skating a very partial run through because it was a very boring skate to a poorly cut Cell Block Tango. Meagan and Eric look strong, sbs 3lz landed, though she landed pretty far forward on her blade.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Sui/Han: 4Tw (kinda on shoulder, but will probably be ok), gorgeous landings on 3FTh, 3STh.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks to everyone who provided reports and/or links to today's practices! I'm really hoping Adam does two great programs this weekend!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max left the cute jog out of his SP run through. You know the one part of his US Classic performance where he actually smiled and did an adorable little jog in place after he fell. . . . yep. . . jog was improvised and not in the version that he does not fall. I'm rather sad, I liked his cute little jog and wanted to see it incorporated officially.

Woe! I loved that cute little jog. :no: But I am interested to see how the footwork sequence is supposed to end (as opposed to SPLAT!)

Sadly, this seems like the most logical way to choose a winner... :laugh:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Woe! I loved that cute little jog. :no: But I am interested to see how the footwork sequence is supposed to end (as opposed to SPLAT!)

I think he pretty much just kept spinning and then took off in the direction he should have jogged in. I was a tad disappointment to be honest. Maybe they decided to keep it simple to keep from falling. But the jog. . . come on Max, give us the jog!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bummed the jog was omitted. I still will say a prayer for it's return but of course also for the rest to be clean. I really did like it. This is likely a GS insiders only update and I appreciate it. :clap:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Anna's practice looked terrible. She fell on most of her jumps. It looks like she was not comfortable with her top somehow.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Predictions game has made me so nervous for Kozuka... My head says I should pull him from my top three, but my heart says I'll regret it should he do well.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm giving my best under-dog cheer to Brezina. I loooove his programs this year and his costumes.
Please get on the podium...I know it's a long-shot.