2014 Cup of China Ladies Short Program 11/07 | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Ladies Short Program 11/07

Alba

Record Breaker
And Yulia says to Liza 'Would you like a spot at Worlds? Very good, but not mine.'

Liza laid down the gauntlet. And Julia responded in kind. Thank god something exciting happened.

:agree::yes: Very happy for Liza, but I'm more happy for the beautiful Yulia.

This has been a good day. I&Z and now Yulia made my day.

alebi

Medalist
I'm relieved by Yulia's situation (I didn't know what to think till the beginning of the competition). But I feel like the gap with Liza is a bit too high today. I mean, I haven't seen the best Yulia (it's obvious if we think of all the things that happened this season), I'm sure she can sell better the program, while Liza is showing she's on fire right now.

begin

Medalist
Has Yulia talked about the interpretation of her program? It looks like she's portraying a child again and I don't know how I feel about her getting comfortable with that. Most seniors are eager to shake out of those roles.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Yulia´s dress is nice, but her interpretation of the music kind of blah. LOL, but so was the music blah..... I would have put Liza first, oh but how I´m missing Kostner and her glide in Liza´skating....

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Now going to watch the 2nd group's SP on TV -- thankful for the streams, but yeah, TV HD quality yeaaay (also, Kanako really looks gorgeous in her dress!)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Liza only lost a level to Yulia on one spin - the layback.

Yulia's jump GOEs being anywhere near Liza's is a joke.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has Yulia talked about the interpretation of her program? It looks like she's portraying a child again and I don't know how I feel about her getting comfortable with that. Most seniors are eager to shake out of those roles.

Yes...she is playing someone who is in a busy metropolis(song name) who keeps looking home for her original self. Not getting lost along the way. She sets a kite free in the beginning and keeps and eye on it until she pulls it in at the end.

andyjo24

Medalist
Polina is so tall, which is worrying me quite a bit. Once she gets over 170 cm (taller than Kostner), she will have more difficulty landing her jumps.

Barb

Record Breaker
My only problem with Yulia´s costume are the color of her tights.
Too bad about Polina but she has a lot of potential, nice posture, perfect timing with music, good jumps, her step seq needs work, but if she lands everything, which I think is probable she will get a really high score.

oleada

Record Breaker
Really interested to watch both Russian ladies' programs. Some of the comments floating around the internet suggest Yulia may not have rotated the 3-3.

I'd wager Yulia is not happy or comfortable with how close Liza and her perfect jumps are.

I don't think Julia's 3T3T was UR, and I'm usually really nitpicky with jumps. The 2A was very small though - no comparison with Liza.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
No Lutz in Yulia's program, that's worrysome, though. She will be no be competitive in GP or worlds without it. Were they unable to to do something about her edge problem?

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT - updated

1. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) - 69.56 Short Program
2. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 67.99 Short Program
3. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 60.44 Short Program
4. Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN) - 58.49 Short Program
5. Zijun LI (CHN) - 53.66 Short Program
6. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 52.00 Short Program
7. Polina EDMUNDS (USA) - 50.32 Short Program
8. Christina GAO (USA) - 47.15 Short Program
9. Hae Jin KIM (KOR) - 44.72 Short Program
10. Anne Line GJERSEM (NOR) - 41.93 Short Program
11. Ashley CAIN (USA) - 39.80 Short Program

oleada

Record Breaker
No Lutz in Yulia's program, that's worrysome, though. She will be no be competitive in GP or worlds without it. Were they unable to to do something about her edge problem?

Maybe they're working on the edge and it's not as consistent as it was? Or maybe they just took it out of the short ot avoid an edge call?

Alba

Record Breaker
Ok. Good day everybody.:)
I'm off this thread. The toxic it's on it's way. :slink::biggrin: