Han Yan & Yuzuru Hanyu health updates | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Han Yan & Yuzuru Hanyu health updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

unico

Final Flight
https://twitter.com/norakuro008/status/531383078548414464
Interview with Han Yan: (At the time of the collision) Neither of us were able to see each other. I'm wishing that Hanyu's injuries will heal quickly, I want to compete together with him again.

I can't really tell if those are stitches on his chin, but it's nice to see him looking okay. :yes:

https://twitter.com/yzjv_br/status/531376448255184896
Orser talking about how backstage, the American team doctor checked to see if Yuzuru had any symptoms of a concussion, and if he was OK, and she confirmed he was alright. Afterwards, they discussed whether or not Yuzuru would be able to compete.

*Translation might be off, sorry.
EDIT: VIDEO HERE: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29putb_1109-going_sport?start=0

EDIT: Hanyu will not be returning to Toronto between now and NHK.

Meoima

Match Penalty
The point is, can he still compete at NHK? His back injury, his pulled muscle on the leg, and is he really okay with his head, no internal bleeding?? NO NHK until all the test results comes out and says that there is no danger.

Madness-Overload

On the Ice
Interview with Han Yan: (At the time of the collision) Neither of us were able to see each other. I'm wishing that Hanyu's injuries will heal quickly, I want to compete together with him again.

I can't really tell if those are stitches on his chin, but it's nice to see him looking okay. :yes:

Orser talking about how backstage, the American team doctor checked to see if Yuzuru had any symptoms of a concussion, and if he was OK, and she confirmed he was alright. Afterwards, they discussed whether or not Yuzuru would be able to compete.

*Translation might be off, sorry. Also will add videos if I see them pop up

Thank god that the both of them are ok, yeah is probably the best decision for Yuzuru to stay in japan.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Thanks for the updates everyone!

*Translation might be off, sorry. Also will add videos if I see them pop up

I'm glad to see Han up and looking better & that a decision has been made to not just jump straight back into Yuzu's original schedule is a relief to hear. I've added this to the original post, thanks shingalas :)

eta: I can't tell if they're stitches either, may be transparent butterfly stitches or a stitch that dissolves, or even a clear bandage.

HanDomi

Record Breaker

Actually this is the point that I think is good and is not good. Good that he will have time to rest and not travel a lot, but he will be out of any Orser's control on practices :disapp:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Actually this is the point that I think is good and is not good. Good that he will have time to rest and not travel a lot, but he will be out of any Orser's control on practices :disapp:

Drat, I hadn't thought of him being free of Orser... :eek:hwell:

unico

Final Flight
http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASGC964P3GC9UTQP13K.html
Just a video of Hanyu at the airport, supposedly there was around 160 people there waiting for him, a mixture of fans, reporters, etc, I would imagine. I wish the media and everyone would just back off a bit and give him space, but fat chance of that happening. :sarcasm:

EDIT: Ahhhhh I see I was a bit late, someone already got to it in the Hanyu Fan Fest thread.

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
Glad that Han Yan looks well.

regarding the fans waiting on the airport, it will always be like that especially when it's all over the news that he will fly back today. Most people wish the same thing though there will be some ignorances who just want to go "supporting" him (they said.. it such ashame but couldn't be help.

Camillo

On the Ice
I think this week he doesn't need Orser at all - no doctor would let Yuzuru to practice after such an awful collision. And anyway Orser goes to Russia with Javi.

Next two weeks are my concern too :confused: I hope after CoR Orser immediately goes to Japan (of course if by that time Yuzuru wouldn't be WD from NHK trophy).

Meoima

Match Penalty
Vaitsekhovskaya interview with Oleg Vasiliev and they talked about the collision at the beginning of the interview:

Without a question. To begin with, I was extremely surprised that Yuzuru continued warm-up after the collision when the warm-up was resumed. All the while Han Yan has been laying still. And Hanyu acted very strangely during the last minutes of the warm-up. He's been gesturing a lot, pointing fingers in the space, and for me it was a clear sign that he had a really bad fall and was very groggy. Have you seen the moment of collision?

Source:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Vaitsekhovskaya interview with Oleg Vasiliev and they talked about the collision at the beginning of the interview:

Source:

thanks for sharing.
Hanyu does talk to himself and makes gestures in the air often. -Even when he's not concussed.
I thought he was 'rearranging ' the program in his mind, and with his fingers trying to calculate which jumps he would try and where we would rest etc. ...

TealColoredIce2

Spectator
The Cup finally aired on my side of Japan today. I recorded some of the footage they had of Yuzuru before he went back on ice and after his Kiss & Cry. He looked so disoriented and he was in tears before he came back out for his warm-up, then he needed help after his Kiss & Cry. Excuse the background talking, my host sister and I (no matter how many times we've seen it) cringe and stress over Yuzuru's injuries. They looked so painful. There's also a few pics I included.

The video is unlisted, I'm not sure yet if I'll change it to public.

Yuzuru Footage

Ryusa5

Rinkside
Yuzu's chin cut
I guess it was after the program and after they stopped his bleeding so almost an hour after
It doesn't look that big but it seems like it's quite deep,the impact must have been so strong to cut through his skin like this

Yan's wounded his chin in Hanyu's head(giving Hanyu his head wound) but it looked like his was mostly superficial since you couldn't see blood dripping so much from it.His chest is probably more badly damaged since Hanyu entered full force with his shoulder in his ribs

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The Cup finally aired on my side of Japan today. I recorded some of the footage they had of Yuzuru before he went back on ice and after his Kiss & Cry. He looked so disoriented and he was in tears before he came back out for his warm-up, then he needed help after his Kiss & Cry. Excuse the background talking, my host sister and I (no matter how many times we've seen it) cringe and stress over Yuzuru's injuries. They looked so painful. There's also a few pics I included.

The video is unlisted, I'm not sure yet if I'll change it to public.

Yuzuru Footage

Geez, poor guy. He really shouldn't have skated. Jumping/spinning must have felt like hell.

Matilda

Medalist
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Yuzu also pulled a leg muscle--not sure if it happened during the collision, in the warm-up after the collision, or during his skate. It looks to me from the footage that as he returned on the ice his left leg was hurting. I can't even imagine how much pain he must have been in, both due to the head injury and possibly the leg as well. Athletes are used to working through pain, but this was extreme :(

I just hope he'll be 100% ok. Take care of yourself, Yuzu! Very glad to hear Han Yan is clearly already better.

Status
Not open for further replies.