2015 Worlds Pairs Short Program March 25 | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Pairs Short Program March 25

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Conspiracy Alert :biggrin:

I guess this means W/P chance of gold is less than we have expected.

Anyway, Amazing pair competition! Hope K/S skate light out in Free.
I liked the conspiracy theory posted in the prediction thread better:biggrin:

alebi

Medalist
Meeeee. :biggrin: Not that I don't like some of the Pairs we saw today.

I'm already daydreaming about next year's WC... I mean... Looking and these scores, maybe 60 points won't be enough for a top15!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The Chinese brought it and Pang and tong did it under pressure - one wonders about the individual jumps. It is in China but I disagree that the Americans S and K should be so close to T and M who can't do much more I know it is usual to have a good american team but they just didn't have the it factor. The top six teams should have be much higher than the rest. I see p and t won the pcs contest which I can live with and D and R deserved to be close. I give the most credit to D and R in a well skated event all that pressure and they brought it. Wow. I don't think a Chinese sweep will happen with D and R and K and S in the mix right now. And S and K good for them they look like a top 4 prospect; I am amazed Russia is putting up a good fight with what they have left. to think none of these three Russians were even on the horizon last year

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I hope we see 1. D/R 2. P/T 3. K/S

What does the US have to do for 3 spots next year?

If they could each move up one spot, to 7 and 6, they'd have it. Or if D/F stay where they are and S/K manage to move up to 5. I'd say either scenario is possible though maybe not that likely. I highly, highly doubt we'll see either team move up farther than that.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I don't think either Dance or Pairs is rigged. It's just the c.o.p. If you know how to make it work for you then you'll do well. D/R and Chock and Bates know how to get the best out of the C.O.P. It might not touch my heart or give me chills but that doesn't mean they aren't deserving. I found the old system even worse to be honest. It was much easier to rig.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Protocols! http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2015/wc2015_Pairs_SP_Scores.pdf
GOEs seem reasonable, except S/H's goe on the 3F seems low. Judges may have been looking at the crazy air position, it's amazing she even landed it I guess.
GOEs are fine for the most part, but a few specific scores raise eyebrows. How did P/T receive positive GOE for their SBS spins? And as much as I love K/S, how on earth did their ever-crashy twist receive Level 4 and nearly all +2 GOE? They got more for the element than P/Z got for their twist, which is seriously messed up.

I don't understand D/R's GOE (lutzes, footwork), but that's nothing new.

s_parks

Record Breaker
GOEs are fine for the most part, but a few specific scores raise eyebrows. How did P/T receive positive GOE for their SBS spins? And as much as I love K/S, how on earth did their ever-crashy twist receive Level 4 and nearly all +2 GOE? They got more for the element than P/Z got for their twist, which is seriously messed up.

Yeah, I was definitely skeptical of P/T's technical marks. Honestly shouldn't be that high. K/S recieving similar marks as S/H(probably the only top team to consistently pull Level 4s on the twist) on the twist... I don't think so.

QuadThrow

Medalist
i do not understand the GOE too

And i will not except, that D/R are in front by such a huge margin after all top pairs go clean!... S/H... cool, K/S...very nice, P/Z...strong, P/T...magic

alebi

Medalist
I don't think either Dance or Pairs is rigged. It's just the c.o.p. If you know how to make it work for you then you'll do well. D/R and Chock and Bates know how to get the best out of the C.O.P. It might not touch my heart or give me chills but that doesn't mean they aren't deserving. I found the old system even worse to be honest. It was much easier to rig.

I totally agree, it's the points system and we have to deal with it, enjoy what we watch and support our favourite instead of always talking about conspiracy and speak bad about least favourite :slink:

whatif

Medalist

K/S twist was not crashy tonight. Still not the best among the top 6 but far from what sometimes they have. HOWEVER, K/S should have been much closer in PCS to P/T. In what world, D/R deserve higher PCS than K/S I just do not know. I guess had they been in the last group, they could have got 1 point bump. Anyway, this team just never catch a break. Good luck to everyone tomorrow. This is too close to call. Who would have thought. One mistake from D/R and somebody could sneak in.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
On the other hand, I am so rooting for D/R, because I want their World Champion to be their first active male skater to come out as a gay man.

I think they deserve gold or rather they should get gold because they are the best but I know what you mean. Radford is a quality skater regardless of sexual orientation :) but pang and tong technically -hmm a little home nation cooking lol.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
P/T did beat D/R in the PCS. I would have had them more ahead. Maybe 2 points? I think it should be tighter at the top but I do think D/R deserved to be first.

But p and t should have been lower than other teams on tes. So..it balances out - I j ust don't get S and K sc oring so close to T and M though. I don't think T and M can do much better and they were really on.

whatif

Medalist
Fingers crossed for K/S. Bronze or even silver is still possible, I hope they relax and skate a clean lp.

They do not hold the pressure well. Probably will burn and crash. And that will be a sad day for me.

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't feel like T/M really sell the program. They're just... decent. For "weak program that the skaters sell well," I'd point to S/H with their LP, or Ruslena with their FD (yes, I've realized it's a meh program without the S/K context backing it up).

I disagree. It's a crappy program (poor things, LP is even worse :hopelessness:), but they gave their best today. Sorry but S&H LP isn't weak at all. Maybe not as good as the SP, but it's a lovely program. T&M are not I&Z in selling but it's not a fair comparison, come now. ;)

As for TR, I think K&S are great. S&H might have clear steps before jumps, but K&S have TR everywhere and they add beauty to the program. They make sense, they are not just "tricks" to score big, like D&R's TR for example. They are well crafted into the choreography.

To me, for the moment, T/M aren't in the same league as S/H (or K/S, P/T, P/Z) in terms of PCS.

They didn't got more PCS than any of them indeed. ;) Although P&Z don't do that much for me in terms of performance&Intepretation, compared with K&S, S&H and P&T.