2015 Worlds Pairs Short Program March 25 | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Pairs Short Program March 25

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Yeah, I was definitely skeptical of P/T's technical marks. Honestly shouldn't be that high. K/S recieving similar marks as S/H(probably the only top team to consistently pull Level 4s on the twist) on the twist... I don't think so.
P/T's overall technical marks are okay, imo. Not the crazy 38.88 they initially had, but the one that came down to 36. Their BV isn't groundbreaking anymore, the way it was back in the early 2000's, but they do still have good quality (and their twist, if anything, has gotten better... yes, I've been watching old videos :laugh:).

K/S's technical score is the strange one, considering the quality of their elements, but I'm so happy they went clean. I hope they nail the free.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think they deserve gold or rather they should get gold because they are the best but I know what you mean. Radford is a quality skater regardless of sexual orientation :) but pang and tong technically -hmm a little home nation cooking lol.

Oh I totally agree with what you say. But the gay man in me would be eminently satisfied if the often homophobic, socially regressive world of figure skating has its first active out skater as World Champion.

QuadThrow

Medalist
gold medals:

pairs: canada
dance: USA
women: Russia
Men: Japan

and every big country is satified...

I hate to say this... but it is not the biggest secret

apple123

On the Ice
I have to say P/T moved me to nearly tears. It's so beautiful. Really art on ice. The emotions, the connections, the interpretations. Just perfect.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I disagree. It's a crappy program (poor things, LP is even worse :hopelessness:), but they gave their best today. Sorry but S&H LP isn't weak at all. Maybe not as good as the SP, but it's a lovely program. T&M are not I&Z in selling but it's not a fair comparison, come now. ;)

As for TR, I think K&S are great. S&H might have clear steps before jumps, but K&S have TR everywhere and they add beauty to the program. They make sense, they are not just "tricks" to score big, like D&R's TR for example. They are well crafted into the choreography.

They didn't got more PCS than any of them indeed. ;) Although P&Z don't do that much for me in terms of performance&Intepretation, compared with K&S, S&H and P&T.
I'm so down on S/H's LP. :laugh: Just me, I guess.

K/S are great, but just in terms of TR, I think S/H are stronger. In terms of programs, K/S's free is the masterpiece, imo. The short is good but not incredible or in another league to everyone else.

T/M did indeed get lower PCS than the other pairs, but I'd have more of a gap. As in, I'd have S/H, K/S, P/T, P/Z very close together, with T/M ~3 points back. But, again, D/R. So I don't know what to say.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Then I will hope for a Chinese couple to win pairs, a french couple to win dance, an american to win ladies and Denis Ten to win men.

I really think they want to give China a win at home btw. That would play best if that's what we are talking about.

(I've seen my favorites held up by both systems and I've always acknowledged it. It's bad for the sport to hold anyone up. I love G and G, always and forever my favourite team, but they probably should have lost the 2004 olympic title to M/D- even though I've never liked him I still think they outskated G/G that day.)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Thanks! (And Robin's not too bad either :yay:)
they're 1 hot team :biggrin::cheer:
dont know this forum 100% yet but there should be a poll on the hottest skater (& a coach) :p

In what world, D/R deserve higher PCS than K/S I just do not know.
in sad reality...:scowl:

I really think they want to give China a win at home btw. That would play best if that's what we are talking about.
I hoped for P/T with that reasoning too but it didnt work out

Last edited:

kologus

Spectator
I always wonder what skaters say to each other right after they finish a program; these reactions should prove precious. And I think this time I got what Tong said to Pang; he went "time violation, time violation!" which I think it's quite funny.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Then I will hope for a Chinese couple to win pairs, a french couple to win dance, an american to win ladies and Denis Ten to win men.

(I've seen my favorites held up by both systems and I've always acknowledged it. It's bad for the sport to hold anyone up. I love G and G, always and forever my favourite team, but they probably should have lost the 2004 olympic title to M/D- even though I've never liked him I still think they outskated G/G that day.)

1994 Olympics? :laugh:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Just rewatched S/H's sp- it was hilarious to see Zhao Hongbo and Bin Yao's despairing faces on the air position on the throw, then look relieved and laugh when she lands it. :rofl:

xabia

On the Ice
D/R just don't do it for me - she's too small and dumpy for him. There are lots of women who do triple lutz - he should get another partner - someone who can bring some artistry to their skating! Their pcs is a joke.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I would be happy to see P/T win this. I'd also be happy to see K/S get a medal.

Even though D/R aren't my favourite team I do think, if the skate tomorrow like did tonight, that they will and should win. Aside from the whole first openly gay male to win a fs wc thing I think they have had a great season and it just feels like it is their time. Next year though... I think it will be different.

Alba

Record Breaker
GOEs are fine for the most part, but a few specific scores raise eyebrows. How did P/T receive positive GOE for their SBS spins? And as much as I love K/S, how on earth did their ever-crashy twist receive Level 4 and nearly all +2 GOE? They got more for the element than P/Z got for their twist, which is seriously messed up.

They got almost the same GoE as T&M as well. One judge gave them 3 and the rest 2, while T&M got 1 by one judge. Same for S&H, one judge gave them 1 for the twist:laugh:
Also, K&S sbs spin was bad, off sync, slow and even a small stumble, and they got some positive GoE's. Zero negatives.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
She can't really help her body type. We would all love to be long legged russian ladies I'm sure but most of us aren't.

And I don't think that many women have a reliable triple lutz and don't end up in singles. I'd be in singles if I had a reliable triple lutz.