Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 99 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

adelia

Record Breaker
It's just an artistic sketch, the final product will probably be somewhat different. But Maxim Sokolov is indeed the designer of Liza's dresses.

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, there's a hat, so it almost certainly is a EX dress. Which is fine, as I'm not that into EXes - so if it's awful, I needn't watch it.;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I like the costume just fine, actually. Probably too risque for competition (with most of the judges being old or old-fashioned :p) but looks it could be a fun EX.

Watersmarch

Rinkside
I realize this question but seem a bit off point but can anyone tell me what became of Svetlana Veretennikova and why she, Liza and Mishin parted ways?

Meoima

Match Penalty
I like the costume just fine, actually. Probably too risque for competition (with most of the judges being old or old-fashioned :p) but looks it could be a fun EX.
If I were the judges I would faint if she wore that one to competition.

Tutto

Record Breaker
I realize this question but seem a bit off point but can anyone tell me what became of Svetlana Veretennikova and why she, Liza and Mishin parted ways?

Svetlana Veretennikova moved to Italy and is coaching in Milan. Apparently the split was not that amicable and there is some bitterness on her side. According to Veretennikova, she was dismissed by a phone call from Liza from the airport when Liza was returning from the Europeans. Veretennikova's explanation was that she had always known that once Liza'd get to the top she would be pushed aside, that Mishin would not want to share success story with her. How true is that I do not know. But it seems strange to me that Liza never talks of Veretennikova in her interviews despite that it was Veretennikova who not only was her first coach but the one who sacrificed a lot I am sure to commute with Liza between Glazov & St Petersburg for years. As I said before i do not know what happened, there are always two sides to the story... I hope to find a link to Veretennikova's interview and post it later on.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Carolina had a training session along Liza in Switzerland, now where is our Caroliza fan?!

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20150601/836209754.html

'Carolina was working on her program to music Adagio choreographed by Lambiel when she asked Mishin's permission to join them for special exercises on jump technique they were doing. Mishin recalled the times when Carolina took lessons from him in various locations before she became Euro Champion for the first time'.

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker

Further to my previous reply to the above, here is the link to the interview:

http://izvestiaur.ru/sport/10036501.html

I translated so far a section about the split itself:

''A Strange Split

2 years ago before European Championship where Liza won a bronze medal nothing indicated a split with her first coach, but soon after your work together ceased. Could you tell about reasons for that split?
- Only partially. To reply diplomatically – I don’t want to speak ill and I won’t speak well either, she said calmly but with conviction. Pity that our parting turned out so odd. It is hard to express my feelings. It was neither insult nor devastation. I knew that that was going to happen sometime but I wasn’t ready for such sudden turn of events. In the end of the day we worked together with Liza over 10 years.
What was so odd about your parting? Liza didn’t ring to tell you?
- She rang right from the airport Aleksander Gorshkov, president of the federation and told him that she is not working with me anymore.
Was it her own decision?
- Of course not, she was assisted in making that decision.
But for a coach of Mishin’s standing such feeling of jealousy to the colleague does not look credible somehow?
- Well, I put it this way, in year time Olympics approached and why she would need two coaches? The Moor has done his duty the Moor can go…
Is Liza difficult to deal with?
- I do not know what she is like now. When we worked together Liza was kind, good hearted, disciplined and I had no problems with her. I didn’t need to push her to train harder – I explained whats to be done she did it.
What kind of personality is Mishin?
- He is complicated
In what way?
- A world of top figure skating changes people. He knows what strings to pull in that world of big intrigues. I was very naïve to think I was working for Liza. I thought she could not do without me. But as it turned out she can.

However, the previous season was a series of disasters for Liza?
- Apparently the mistake was that I was pushed aside not soon enough, said Veretennikova without any irony but the phrase hasn’t lost irony nevertheless''

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Carolina had a training session along Liza in Switzerland, now where is our Caroliza fan?!

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20150601/836209754.html

'Carolina was working on her program to music Adagio choreographed by Lambiel when she asked Mishin's permission to join them for special exercises on jump technique they were doing. Mishin recalled the times when Carolina took lessons from him in various locations before she became Euro Champion for the first time'.

Waaaaaaaattttt!!!!!!!! :jaw:

I hope there are photos floating about somewhere! ;)

My first skating crush and my second skating crush training together! :love: (All we needed was for my third skating crush to join them, and I wouldn't have been able to manage to control the joy!)

Since you asked where I've been, I haven't been visiting the forum much the past couple of days as I have been VERY busy updating a whole pile of pages on Wikipedia for a project I am going to reveal later today.

(Sorry, but this particular project is not Liza related. :disapp: It's about the more important matter of reforming the sport...)

So, keep your eyes peeled in The Edge! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Watersmarch

Rinkside
Thank you, Melissa_ire. I have, though, heard Mishin credit Veretennikova with "inventing" Liza. I believe he said this in the documentary Russian TV did on Liza before worlds. But you're right, I've never heard Liza mention Veretennikova. Liza does, though, give a lot of credit to Tatiana Prokofieva with whom she appears to be quite close. So there would appear to still be a strong female coach in her life, albeit one already on Mishin's payroll. I would love to read the interview. Thanks again.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thanks for the translation, melissa_ire. We'll never know the whole story, but coaching politics definitely isn't a simple world.

In other news, keep voting for Liza here: http://top50.sobaka.ru/vote/sport She's at 36.48 while Mr Hockey Dude is catching up at 35.06. Five days left, I believe.

Imagine

Medalist
She looks stunning, as usual although personally, I think she is better off without the bangs.

I made a fan video dedicated to Liza, skating to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Tbh, I don't think it was the best fit in this case, but I do think she can carry a performance to this kind of music. It would be interesting.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Thank you so much Melissa_ire for the link and the translation. Much appreciated.

You are very welcome! It was something I'd not mind getting to know more myself but as Sandpiper said we'll never know the full story.

Other parts of Veretennikova's interview are quite interesting too and I might even post a full translation to some other thread only can't think of which one yet!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Yes, I like!!! :biggrin: :agree:

Thank goodness it is just a trim rather than a change of colour! I was worried for a moment, as I don't think Liza would suit a different colour.

I think Liza can skate to this: https://youtu.be/OlEG0Ze4RjI

Obviously just as a gala.

I would love to see that happen. I have always loved that song, and think it would be great for skating to.

You are very welcome! It was something I'd not mind getting to know more myself but as Sandpiper said we'll never know the full story.

I hadn't heard anything about the split before. So, it was very interesting to hear Veretennikova's viewpoint, and I would love to hear something from Liza or Mishin. But, from my basic knowledge of how Russian politics works (which, let's face it, this is!), I know fine well that Svetlana's name will never be mentioned by either of them ever again!

Which is a real shame as she did so much over the years for Liza. Not taking away from all the good work Mishin has done in turning Liza into a star, but it was Veretennikova that started Liza on this journey, laying the foundations for Mishin to build on. To be blunt, without Svetlana, it is unlikely that we would be here talking about Liza now. Rather than being the hottest property in the figure skating world, Liza would probably just be going about the normal life of a teenager back in Glazov.

So, I hope that Alexei and Liza do not go down the normal route and write Svetlana out of the story. Instead, I hope they do the decent thing and give the woman all the credit she deserves!

Other parts of Veretennikova's interview are quite interesting too and I might even post a full translation to some other thread only can't think of which one yet!

If it wouldn't be too much work for you, then yes please! It would be fascinating to read even more of her thoughts.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
I hadn't heard anything about the split before. So, it was very interesting to hear Veretennikova's viewpoint, and I would love to hear something from Liza or Mishin. But, from my basic knowledge of how Russian politics works (which, let's face it, this is!), I know fine well that Svetlana's name will never be mentioned by either of them ever again!

Which is a real shame as she did so much over the years for Liza. Not taking away from all the good work Mishin has done in turning Liza into a star, but it was Veretennikova that started Liza on this journey, laying the foundations for Mishin to build on. To be blunt, without Svetlana, it is unlikely that we would be here talking about Liza now. Rather than being the hottest property in the figure skating world, Liza would probably just be going about the normal life of a teenager back in Glazov.

So, I hope that Alexei and Liza do not go down the normal route and write Svetlana out of the story. Instead, I hope they do the decent thing and give the woman all the credit she deserves!

If it wouldn't be too much work for you, then yes please! It would be fascinating to read even more of her thoughts.

CaroLiza_fan

I'll do so and post it later on.

I agree with you it is a shame that Svetlana hasn't been given a proper credit for her role. I can imagine (or can't) how bitter it must feel for her. There are probably a lot more similar stories with other skaters yet I think what Svetlana'd done for Liza is much more than an average first coach normally would do. She travelled with Liza to St Petersburg every month for years it is something like a 27 hour train journey one way. It surely was not easy and required a lot of sacrifices especially if she had a family of her own. Through the interview she comes across as a sensible nice person. I am glad that at least she got a job in Milan and seems to be content especially with that she is far away from Russian skating world.