Shoma Uno | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

mikaboo

Medalist
Thanks a lot mikaboo, but seems like I've missed it again... :slink: Would rather blame it to Roland Garros this time, though. :laugh:

sorry for :hijacked: but "がんばれ、ジョコビッチ! Go get that clay title this year! and complete your career grand slam which you soooo well deserve!" :cheer: Many congrats to Serena for fighting back strong while in enormous pain. Her competitive spirits were just phenomenal tonight. :clap:

Ah, too bad. At least you got to concentrate on tennis.
FaOI in Kobe will be televised on July 11th as well so maybe you'll be lucky the 3rd time around?
ジョコビッチがんば〜

TheGrandSophy
Thanks for the links. It's the first thing that came up on my mind as well - father and his 12yo son!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I wonder if he is going to try two diffrent quads in FP next season as he said in interview, or he will stick with toe for now.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Arakawa Shizuka and Shoma in a LOOONG interview! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1v9OHaxkLU
This was shot after the JGPF.

Some interesting points:
Mao has always been like an older sister to him so her extreme fame in Japan did not register to him till recently.
Shoma likes to perform on ice, but doesn't particularly like dancing or ballet.
Leaves all choreography and costumes to his coach(es) even though he does not like frills and does not like pink. He says it is very embarrassing for his school-mates to see him in some costumes.

He loves Daisuke Takahashi and watches his programs again almost exclusively. Takahashi's Phantom of the Opera left the biggest impression on him.
Says he'd like to skate to a 'well known' skating music some day (war horse!).

He likes to play video games and TsumTsum was the one he was most attached to.

He was used to being with girls but then became even more shy when he entered middle school. He is very, very shy.

Wants to learn the 4S (plans to ask Yuzu for advice).

Wants to leave an impression on the audience with his performance like Daisuke Takahashi.

There is much more but these were the things that stood out to me after listening to it once.

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
He is sooooooo shy. All this media attention must be torture. I hope he gets lots of support next year to get used to it all.

Very interesting interviews. Thank you!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
When he said he didn't like pink and didn't like frills I wanted to shake him and say "YOU GOTTA TELL YOUR COACH ABOUT THIS!"
It's bad enough wearing pink and frills when you like it (a la Yuzu) but to have to wear it when you don't...it makes no sense. All he has to do is tell them "No more pink, no more frills. Please don't dress me like an old lady's handbag." :)