Shoma Uno | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Music chosen is different and good.
Shirt...HORRIBLE
Choreo EXCELLENT!

If he can possibly change the shirt, it will be perfect. This is just the right vehicle for him in his first full senior season.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Not a fan of the music but I appreciate his different non warhorse choice and it'll make him stand out in his official senior debut season. Both the shirt and the shiny pants are terrible but it's something to get used to in case he's not changing the outfit. The choreography has a lot of potential as shown in the first 20-30 seconds or so but it seems a bit empty as he moves on to his next 2 jumping passes; however I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that and some parts are still missing. The highlight has to be the step sequence, intricate and right in time with the music. He's still stumbling and hesitating but once he gets it right and gets more flow in his footwork, he'll be approaching Daisuke Takahashi levels.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Not a fan of the music but I appreciate his different non warhorse choice and it'll make him stand out in his official senior debut season. Both the shirt and the shiny pants are terrible but it's something to get used to in case he's not changing the outfit. The choreography has a lot of potential as shown in the first 20-30 seconds or so but it seems a bit empty as he moves on to his next 2 jumping passes; however I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that and some parts are still missing. The highlight has to be the step sequence, intricate and right in time with the music. He's still stumbling and hesitating but once he gets it right and gets more flow in his footwork, he'll be approaching Daisuke Takahashi levels.

True, true, early days yet.
He did a successful 4T in the finale. I'm hopeful.

mikaboo

Medalist
At least we won't have to hear the moans and groans about the deep V-neck! (fingers crossed :p)
Do you guys think the choreographer is Higuchi-sensei again?

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
This is really promising. There are already some lovely touches and it will develop so I'm happy. Love the footwork and the really nice transitions into some of the spins.

Thank you for the update, Doris! I am going to immerse myself with a cup of tea and my iPad later. :)

Last edited:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
ha! I love love love this SP. So great. Shoma is such a rockstar! And i like the music and the costume :biggrin:

firal

Record Breaker
I thought the costume is more suitable for show; expecting to be difference once it is going to be used as a SP.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Just here to say that Shoma's new SP looks really good. I can't wait to see it in competition.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Do you guys think the choreographer is Higuchi-sensei again?

I believe so.

I've watched the programme quite a few times now, and I really am liking it more and more. There is a short section where it needs more detail, but I am really quite excited to see this more polished.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Thank you. I learned a new word, saudade, and found this beautiful explanation of what it means:

I just came across the word saudade. Of Portuguese origin, in a whole bunch of clumsy English words, saudade means “the love that remains” after someone is gone. It’s the recollection of feelings, experiences, places or events that once brought excitement, pleasure, wellbeing, which now triggers the senses and makes one live again. It describes a deep nostalgic longing.

But it goes deeper – implicit in the emotion is the fact it often carries a repressed knowledge that the object of longing will never return. It can be described as an emptiness, like someone (your children, parents, sibling, grandparents, friends, pets) or something (places, things you used to do in childhood) that should be there in a particular moment is missing, and the individual feels this absence. It can also describe a love for something that you know will never exist.

Saudade: It brings sad and happy feelings all at once; sadness from missing something loved and happiness for having experienced the love.
(http://www.sarahwilson.com/2014/10/a-beautiful-word-saudade/)

Now I wonder if Shoma has experienced being in love...

mikaboo

Medalist
I believe so.

I've watched the programme quite a few times now, and I really am liking it more and more. There is a short section where it needs more detail, but I am really quite excited to see this more polished.

Yes, it's been confirmed that the choreographer is Higuchi but I can't find the source again.

Thanks! I found out through the Pigeon Post tweets too. I thought it looked Higuchi-esque but wasn't sure if it was just Shoma's style no matter who the choreographer is, or not.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks a lot mikaboo, but seems like I've missed it again... :slink: Would rather blame it to Roland Garros this time, though. :laugh:

sorry for :hijacked: but "がんばれ、ジョコビッチ! Go get that clay title this year! and complete your career grand slam which you soooo well deserve!" :cheer: Many congrats to Serena for fighting back strong while in enormous pain. Her competitive spirits were just phenomenal tonight. :clap: