2015 Championnats québécois d'été Aug 6-9 Summer Champ | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Championnats québécois d'été Aug 6-9 Summer Champ

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Look like 7:40 pm eastern time..so 5:40 am in Moscow tomorrow.

laire

Rinkside
Can pairs' short (and other future senior skates) be viewed on demand? They seem to have only juniors and novices, perhaps it'll be added later?

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Look like 7:40 pm eastern time..so 5:40 am in Moscow tomorrow.

Thank you, Mrs.P.
It looks like I will have a very early Sunday morning :biggrin:

Btw, can you please post the whole schedule for today and tomorrow? The site is geo-blocked for me, and I didn't find the schedule on the internet :slink:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
It's a PDF file? That's geoblocked?! That's so odd.

That's probably bacause it loaded on the official site. It says 'Web-page is unavailable. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN' whatever it is :drama:
Oh, I probably should use a proxy to reach it. I will try, thanks for the link.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
THIS channel has some videos uploaded (thanks mikaboo!), just watched Julianne&Charlie, i loved the program!! loved the transition before their pair spin and how she landed that throw :bow: i really love the chemistry between them, the way they look at eachother, Charlie seems like amazing person!

LRK

Record Breaker
THIS channel has some videos uploaded (thanks mikaboo!), just watched Julianne&Charlie, i loved the program!! loved the transition before their pair spin and how she landed that throw :bow: i really love the chemistry between them, the way they look at eachother, Charlie seems like amazing person!

Thanks for the link! I loved it too - I think this will be a great program for them.:)

Skate97

Rinkside
I believe this video has a full replay of the Senior Pairs SP (even though it's labelled as the Jr Men LP):

http://goo.gl/iyZNnA

It looks like most (maybe all?) of the competition is being archived, but the videos are so poorly labelled that it's hard to find anything. I haven't managed to find the Sr Men SP from yesterday, so if anyone else comes across it, please post a link.

sses1

On the Ice
I love S/B's new short. Their chemistry is heartwarming and its nice to see their technical upgrades. How Julianne landed that throw I'll never know.

Unfortunately M/M are still struggling. It was a slight improvement but the music doesn't really fit them and the program was too empty for me.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I don't know how anybody else feels but these SD's look really bland without the non-touching side by side step sequences. Waiting to be moved :)

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Apparently Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen withdrew. I hope it's nothing serious. Last season they seemed like a team on an upward swing, and it would be a pity if they were somehow hindered this season. And I was really looking forward to seeing them.

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
H/D and P/I in a virtual tie :) The tutu was distracting though. Really wanted to see FB/S :frown:

Last edited:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I was looking forward to seeing FB/S, too ...hope it's something minor.

The results aren't up yet, but I believe Alex & Mitch and Madi&Zach are very close together.. I love that H/D used k.d.lang's Hallelujah (I agree with Leonard Cohen that it's the ultimate);)

Alex and Mitch's program is making good use of her balletic qualities.. I do hope those are not their real costumes, though.. too much tu-tu (you can get the effect without being quite so full). They looked like practice costumes and I hope they are.

I was a bit disappointed in P/O's program.

I must say, I think I miss those step sequences, as well ..couldn't they have struck some sort of happy medium ? Ah, well, early days .. and tomorrow should be interesting.

Last edited:

bramweld

Record Breaker
I was looking forward to seeing FB/S, too ...hope it's something minor.

The results aren't up yet, but I believe Alex & Mitch and Madi&Zach are very close together.. I love that H/D used k.d.lang's Hallelujah (I agree with Leonard Cohen that it's the ultimate);)

Alex and Mitch's program is making good use of her balletic qualities.. I do hope those are not their real costumes, though.. too much tu-tu (you can get the effect without being quite so full). They looked like practice costumes and I hope they are.

I was a bit disappointed in P/O's program.

I must say, I think I miss those step sequences, as well ..couldn't they have struck some sort of happy medium ? Ah, well, early days .. and tomorrow should be interesting.

Funnily enough, I really liked P/O. It was seamless. Maybe it just needs milage.

H/D were smooth but almost too smooth, I didn't notice a transition to a march, polka or foxtrot?

P/I were the other extreme almost too busy.

Yes the FD will be interesting, disappointed we didn't get to see FB/S. I hope all is well with them.

I hope the top teams bring it, because as of right now this CD seems rather uninteresting in comparison to the PD, just in terms as a piece of choreography.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
bramweld..

Oh, I suppose I didn't like P/O's music..does absolutely nothing for me. I like them as a couple, though, and the SD wasn't their strong suit last year either.

HD did have a sped-up, instrumental version of Hallelujah sandwiched in the middle there (supposed polka, I guess). I thought it worked for the program requirements (but made me cringe as a fan of lang's rendition) :laugh:..can't have everything.

I have quite a bit of hope for P/I's program. It's early,and I think they'll be able to get all those little nuances to look entirely natural. Some mileage and suitable costumes could make a huge difference, don't you think ?

Last edited: