2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General

tulosai

Record Breaker
I don't have IN this year (pretty much throwing money away for people who don't live in the USA) so I'm not gonna be able to watch live,but I'll hang out on the thread and hope someone is nice enough to give a play-by-play or at least general summaries of what is happening :cheer:

tulosai

Record Breaker
They weren't at their practice time? I thought that was to get a feel for the arena. Oh well... How were Karen's jumps?

Per ISU rules seniors "are not allowed to practice on any session other than the official sessions listed on the event schedule after you are accredited or after the first practice session of your event has happened" so they should go to the next official practice even if they have practiced elsewhere so far. (Not sure exactly what accredited means- maybe someone else can clarify this?)

Official Salt Lake Figure Skating source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153385112524584&id=135702924583

skatemomoftwo

Rinkside
Per ISU rules seniors "are not allowed to practice on any session other than the official sessions listed on the event schedule after you are accredited or after the first practice session of your event has happened" so they should go to the next official practice even if they have practiced elsewhere so far. (Not sure exactly what accredited means- maybe someone else can clarify this?)

Official Salt Lake Figure Skating source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153385112524584&id=135702924583

They havent had official ice yet, so they can skate where ever they want to. They also did skate at the rink on rink offered freestyle ice. Karen has been here since Monday or Tuesday and she skated today at a rink 30 minutes away. Its common to not want to skate with a ton of skaters.

GF2445

Record Breaker
If only they charged a lower fee for international subscriber, or had a special deal for the internstional classic.
I am not paying a $50US subscription for one competition

tulosai

Record Breaker
If only they charged a lower fee for international subscriber, or had a special deal for the internstional classic.
I am not paying a $50US subscription for one competition

Seriously. The stream also isn't as good as it should be (or at least hasn't been in previous years) considering the price. I guess based on previous posts in this thread you can make it better by clearing a lot of things on your computer but that shouldn't be mandatory for a functioning stream for 50 dollars. The video posted after the fact is great though but the stream has sometimes been so wonky. So basically don't feel too bad :biggrin:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Any information on K/O's skate? I don't have wifi and live streaming uses too much data so I can't watch. :no:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Tarah fell on her jump, the program needs mileage but I like it a lot. It also looks like she is skating with a knee bandage.

54.30 score

charmblade

Final Flight
K/O's short is giving me paso doble flashbacks from last season :laugh: She fell on the SBS jump, otherwise a clean skate. She did NOT look happy with the score though

tulosai

Record Breaker
I actually think this score is decent for them with a fall and at the beginning of the season... but maybe that's just me...

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
They had some issues besides the fall: the twist was not as clean or as high as I have seen them do and I don't think she got her head low enough on the death spiral. (and I know this stuff matters because I have been learning from the JGP commentary!)

Layback11

Record Breaker
I actually think this score is decent for them with a fall and at the beginning of the season... but maybe that's just me...

The JGP has lowered my standards. I have forced myself to think that 50 and above is a good score because I would not be able to watch the JGP without this mentality. :laugh2: