2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General

tulosai

Record Breaker
I quite liked Karen's skate, thanks for the link! I think the music is a bit big or mature for her still, but I do like the spiral at the end a lot, and she is a very solid performer. I am really really looking forward to seeing her develop over the next few years.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any suggestions for other good VPN, my free zenmate has expired...

My friend is always trying to get me to use TOR (the onion router) but I don't think I'll ever use it. Heard it slows everything down because it pings all over the place masking your identity and is what people use to access the dark web :slink:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's really weird how Karen's music goes from the instrumental version of Nessun Dorma to Pavaortti. Not a good cut.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yeah, this is the only problem. The one real benefit to using a waltz is that you get the nice, on-time... bounce? I don't really know what to call it, sorry. They have it for a few bars but their music just doesn't allow it. Hopefully the judges will embrace it anyway because it's an absolutely lovely program. Even with the fall they were clearly the best today.

A waltz is all about the rise and fall as the couple swirls across the floor. It's why you get the ONE two three beat. A rise and fall in the music echoed in the rise and fall of the couple's bodies. So there is horizontal movement, but there is also vertical movement. It should FLOW, almost like a ship moving through water.

The program is lovely, at least from what I saw the first outing of it. But it also isn't within the time signature of a waltz. I see that isn't an issue for the judges, and I think it should be.

It seems like most couples are doing everything they can to make the waltz as UNtraditional as possible. Same thing with the Russian test skates. Just seems to be the trend this year.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
My friend is always trying to get me to use TOR (the onion router) but I don't think I'll ever use it. Heard it slows everything down because it pings all over the place masking your identity and is what people use to access the dark web :slink:

I guess that means it really is secure :biggrin:

Dark web just means it's not searchable on sites like Google. Your online banking is also 'dark web'

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's really weird how Karen's music goes from the instrumental version of Nessun Dorma to Pavaortti. Not a good cut.

It's because originally she used Pavarotti for the whole thing, but it was too big for her, so they used a different cut for the beginning. But I agree... rather startling.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I'm really glad they used that 30 min break to fix stuff, so it could break again, just 10 seconds into the first program.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's because originally she used Pavarotti for the whole thing, but it was too big for her, so they used a different cut for the beginning. But I agree... rather startling.

I really didn't notice that much. I liked her skate. Lots of potential there.

TMC

Record Breaker
There are only three ladies that I'm really interested in here, and the stream has gone for two of them already.