2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Mens Short Program

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Oh oops, I thought you were talking about Hanyu because the message you were replying to was about Hanyu.

I guess Patrick knows that in the current field it will be difficult to win with only one quad and one 3A (it would depend a lot on others messing up). I'm glad he's going for more ! He seemed quite out of the programme by the time it ended (not emotionally focused), but I hope it comes together for the competition because I quite liked it at JO. :)

Whoops! Sorry, guess I also got lost in the conversation :laugh: thank you

Caustica

Final Flight
Wow, Patrick Chan - eeeasy 4T-3A in his SP practice. His costume looks so uninspired though :|

HanDomi

Record Breaker
it looks like Hanyu found a way to do 2nd half quads, similar entrance like in free

Clean run. Looks like he can't miss any jump in this practices

And big 3lz3T

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Hanyu finishes all his jumps at SP practice,

Crossing my fingers this happens in competition already :cool:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Guess all it took was Patrick Chan back on the ice for Yuzuru to get all his jumps back :laugh:

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Do you know why Hanyu wears a mask? Is he sick?

BOrser said Yuzuru sometimes wears a mask during practice to "push" himself since it's harder to breathe. Also, very common in Asia for people to wear masks in crowded areas - either to avoid transmitting or acquiring an illness.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
BOrser said Yuzuru sometimes wears a mask during practice to "push" himself since it's harder to breathe. Also, very common in Asia for people to wear masks in crowded areas - either to avoid transmitting or acquiring an illness.

Yes, can see that some in the audience wore masks too

mrrice

Record Breaker
"Also, very common in Asia for people to wear masks in crowded areas - either to avoid transmitting or acquiring an illness."

This is true. I'm from the US but when our vocal group toured Japan, we were asked to wear masks at all of our rehearsals except for final dress and the concert. You can breath very easily through them while you're seated or even while you're just walking around. However, they are difficult to dance in, and the elastic straps drove the all girls crazy because they'd get their hair stuck in the straps. Especially during lifts. As a vocalist I'm sure you can imagine, it was very difficult to sing through them. ;)

Last edited:

SunDae

Rinkside
Incredible and deserved energy in this relatively modest sized arena during men's practice.

A lot of strong jumping throughout. Hanyu and Patrick both look "ready to rumble"

This match up should not disappoint if the top guys compete the way they are practicing IMO

carmen7077

On the Ice
Patrick looks in great shape, though the outfit (blue meets green, seriously?) is kinda shock for me.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This is like the a preview of WC... OMG... they mean BUSINESS!! Rumble of the Bosses!!
So much improvement in Hanyu's Seimei, and looks like he is more clear on his interpretation... which is basically: KICK @SS! :cheer2:
Patrick is like the Zen Taichi Master... Hanyu is like Sasuke from Naruto! Aaaaa......!!!!!

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
Patrick's SP costume is very Bobby Darin, very retro. I like it and I like that he made a more unusual music choice.

I hope all the men skate well, especially Adam. He's had so many disappointments in the past that I'd love to see him really rock it here.