Interview with Nina Mozer (10th May 2016) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Interview with Nina Mozer (10th May 2016)

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm wondering what she thinks of Yuko Kavaguti? She's a person of "Eastern genetics" but she competes for Russia in pairs. And she does quads too! Or is Yuko like a unicorn for Russian pairs?

:laugh2:

mrrice

Record Breaker
OK, Tennis reference approaching........I remember watching an interview with Dreamy, Yevgeny Kafelnikov. He was asked what his chances were to win the Australian Open for the second time. His quote...."Either Me or Agassi, That's it!!" Interview over. I laughed my A** Off!! :laugh2:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Or Kuznetsov as Blacksmith or Smith. Morozov as Frost. Linguistics, sir. :)

Nota Bene: Medvedeva - Bear. Or in Russian: Medved = med + ved = honey + know = literally "the one who knows where the honey is".

P.S. Let me research for you what Butirskaya means..

Butyskaya means, I love Mr Rice in MY language...;)

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Butyskaya means, I love Mr Rice in MY language...;)
Ok, in my book it will be the same. And actually it pretty much can be true.
It have few meanings:
- mischevious child, rogue, knave
- printer (employee of book printery)
- knitter
- standalone house on the outskirts of the village (and the person who lives there: outlaw or rogue)

Just pick one. :)

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
OK, Tennis reference approaching........I remember watching an interview with Dreamy, Yevgeny Kafelnikov. He was asked what his chances were to win the Australian Open for the second time. His quote...."Either Me or Agassi, That's it!!" Interview over. I laughed my A** Off!! :laugh2:

That does sounds like him. :) And he was not even trolling, it bet it was his most honest response: 50/50. :yes: :lol:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Ok, in my book it will be the same. And actually it pretty much can be true.
It have few meanings:
- mischevious child, rogue, knave
- printer (employee of book printery)
- knitter
- standalone house on the outskirts of the village (and the person who lives there: outlaw or rogue)

Just pick one. :)

I pick Rogue and stand alone house on the outskirts of the village. I've been that way my whole life............THANK YOU!!! That made my evening. :thank:

mrrice

Record Breaker
U r certainly warmly welcome.
Here the most recent interview, interior of her living room looks unbearably stylish: http://youtu.be/kSeOxk4_wQg

Holy Cow!!! She is still as beautiful as ever. Clearly, she still has all of her style and fashion sense. If I remember correctly, she used to design her own costumes. I think her phone should be ringing a lot more. Her costumes were always stylish and original.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
And I agree. She should understand as a coach of her caliber or at least as coach of such beloved athletes as VT or SK that her words printed anywhere will attract a big attention of figure skating community and every word will be analyzed under microscope. Russians are always being straight-forward, direct to the point and brutally honest, it's their special style. Frankly, it doesn't doing them any good sometimes. :)

Well, I recently re-watched TSL's 2 hours long interview with Tamara Moskvina, i gotta say she I very vivid example here. When she speaks English, she basically literally translates herself word by word in English. Basically on a fly. I checked some of her interviews on Russian, she speaks pretty much the same, builds her sentences and sometimes sounds like Yoda. It's hard at first, but shortly when you get a hang of it, you will be amazed of her wisdom.

Tamara Moskvina might be a great example of the way Russian thinking works. Take it or leave, but it's just how they are. Rough around the edges, but warm and fuzzy; we can't stand them sometimes, but can't live without them at all. :) If I had roll my eyes and have a penny every time some of my Russian friends say something not politically correct, I would made a fortune already! I usually trying to make it simple for myself: Russia is not East or West, Russia is North! [emoji3]

I do appreciate honesty but still, she's entitled to her wrong opinion.

And ugh Moskvina, we are not worthy of her, she's just too fabulous, I love her. Full stop.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I do appreciate honesty but still, she's entitled to her wrong opinion.

And ugh Moskvina, we are not worthy of her, she's just too fabulous, I love her. Full stop.
Well, at least people know where they stand with Nina Mozer. She might be wrong on many levels, yes. I would call her more sexist, because of her "hunter vs housekeeper" concept. :)

Tamara Moskvina is Yoda. DIXI.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
nowadays, with social media, internet, multiculturalism, international relations awareness, diplomacy, etc etc.... excusing people who say atrocious things based on their local culture is not relevant.... everyone who has a couple brain cells KNOWS that other cultures will react strongly and negatively to such discourse.... especially someone who travels the world and meet people from different nations all the time.

Some people have lost all credibility for way less.

As a mentor, it's even worse. She is responsible for shaping the brains of young athletes.

Enough said.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Well even Vasilliev said she's a good skater but the Yuko/Sasha pairing will just never really work because she's not "really Russian." And frankly I have to agree. They were always just the "spare pair."

That's an awfully dismissive thing to say about a woman who gave up her native citizenship to represent Russia.

With all the injuries in Russian pairs, if she can come back to her former level there's no saying what she could accomplish. I think the results from Worlds 2016 at least showed that the door is open in Russian pairs.

Anywho, I hope Nina can figure out what's best for her teams and can stop attributing their results to things that are not in their or anyone else's control. A little less sexism and racism would also be nice, but probably not her or the Russian Fed's first concern.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
nowadays, with social media, internet, multiculturalism, international relations awareness, diplomacy, etc etc.... excusing people who say atrocious things based on their local culture is not relevant.... everyone who has a couple brain cells KNOWS that other cultures will react strongly and negatively to such discourse.... especially someone who travels the world and meet people from different nations all the time.

Some people have lost all credibility for way less.

As a mentor, it's even worse. She is responsible for shaping the brains of young athletes.

Enough said.

Well. Multi-kulti actually means accepting people from different cultures the way they are. And learning peacefully living among them.
I seen people criticizing and labeling the whole country for less. ;)

It's kinda like the mind as mirror vs mirroring of mind situation. Theory of reflections in Buddhism. Depends on what side of your own mirror you prefer to stand at. :)

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
sorry but nope... accepting that people are different implies a certain level of tolerance but it can only work when people speak and act responsibly. End of story

Well. Multi-kulti actually means accepting people from different cultures the way they are. And learning peacefully living among them.
I seen people criticizing and labeling the whole country for less. ;)

It's kinda like the mind as mirror vs mirroring of mind situation. Theory of reflections in Buddhism. Depends on what side of your own mirror you prefer to stand at. :)

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Ukrainians and Russians are still arguing who invented borscht first. It's their personal business, I don't care at all. From my experience Ukrainian version tends to be a bit more "fatty", they usually use pork for it. Russians use beef mostly. However there is also a vegetarian option. Basically the same ingredients and taste, just no meat at all and only red beets and other good veggies. It's to die for. :)

Or chicken :) My wife mostly use chicken.

Well, I agree with you. She should have use better wording. However, if you are from Poland, you probably know what there are no silly political correctness in Russia. They call it as they see it. Just like pretty much everywhere in Eastern Europe, just like in Poland too. I guess it's something they share together. I been in Russia many times, I drove through Poland several times too. It's a national special feature and local flavor of identity.. ;)

If you will check Russian boards you will see that most russian fans are as irritated by her words as people here. :noshake:

Last edited:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
sorry but nope... accepting that people are different implies a certain level of tolerance but it can only work when people speak and act responsibly. End of story

Hear hear. I certainly can see your certain level of tolerance accordingly, :yes: demanding people act and speak responsibly. I'm gonna toast some good Canadian icewine tonight to this quote. :cheers: ;)

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Or chicken :) My wife mostly use chicken.
There is a little food place in San Diego called Kalina House. A small Russian Ukrainian restaurant. They can cook it several ways.
http://m.yelp.com/biz/the-village-house-kalina-la-mesa-4

If you will check Russian boards you will see that most russian fans are as irritated by her words as people here. :noshake:

I tend to lurk a bit on fsonline time to time once a week or so. I can imagine people there being irritated of her ignorance, especially as emancipated Russian woman are.

Do you mind if i ask you something personal. Do you as a Russian would ever call your significant other a housekeeper, and you are a hunter. I bet you would said something to your wife best case scenario she would send you sleeping on the couch alone for a week. And certainly borscht-deprived for a week too. :)

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Do you mind if i ask you something personal. Do you as a Russian would ever call your significant other a housekeeper, and you are a hunter. I bet you would said something to your wife best case scenario she would send you sleeping on the couch alone for a week. And certainly borscht-deprived for a week too. :)

:rofl: You're correct. And you forgot 'no sex for a week'... at least :drama:. Sorry. And this is despite she actually really is housekeeping now with newly born baby and all. But there is a certain type of women here who think that they SHOULD be housekeepers only (not working whatsoever), and their men should bring home money and food.

By the way, I hate cold borscht. It should be served HOT!!!! :dev2:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for letting us know this; some words are just universally best left unsaid.

And for important matters, borscht is good, but here at my small city's Russian deli.... Rassolnik!:agree: Made by m. y friend Vica's mamachka. I had no idea soup could be so good.....