Interview with Nina Mozer (10th May 2016) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Interview with Nina Mozer (10th May 2016)

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
:rofl: You're correct. And you forgot 'no sex for a week'... at least :drama:. Sorry. And this is despite she actually really is housekeeping now with newly born baby and all. But there is a certain type of women here who think that they SHOULD be housekeepers only (not working whatsoever), and their men should bring home money and food.

By the way, I hate cold borscht. It should be served HOT!!!! :dev2:
That's how I see Russian women. They are indeed a great ladies and good housekeepers themselves, but it's not like they feel they absolutely must be that way. They can do it only if they see how horrible or useless her silly significant other is at it.

The moment they feel you are taking advantage of their generosity and not pitching in household duties or at least financially substituting it by hiring help to keep the house in order - you are in trouble. Hide. You would be facing the fact to resolve the situation immediately or else... Well, you better know, things like this simply won't fly with Russian wife, just grab a broom and do something quickly. Oh, Im sure you will be informed in a very dry and short manner on a very first day. :rofl: May be humorously and kind manner, but you will be informed for sure. :)

ETA: Congrats on a newborn! I feel she or he might be a figure skater. :)

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Hear hear. I certainly can see your certain level of tolerance accordingly, :yes: demanding people act and speak responsibly. I'm gonna toast some good Canadian icewine tonight to this quote. :cheers: ;)

Oh.......Alexz and 4everchan......As two of my favorite people on GS, all I can say is that I hope we can someday have a toast with some good Russian Vodka at Brunch and then sip a nice glass of Ice Wine over dinner. My treat....

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you, Mr Rice, we might gonna take you up on that kind offer. One day, one day. Give me a buzz if you ever would be down here in SD.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oh.......Alexz and 4everchan......As two of my favorite people on GS, all I can say is that I hope we can someday have a toast with some good Russian Vodka at Brunch and then sip a nice glass of Ice Wine over dinner. My treat....

I'm going to crash this party. No Vodka for me but I'd bring Ice Wine if given enough time. You know which one. ;)

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
FS potluck party. Borscht and pierogi on me. I know a guy who knows a guy, and he have a guy who runs a great Russian catering in LA. Caviar from Kamchatka all around.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I'm going to crash this party. No Vodka for me but I'd bring Ice Wine if given enough time. You know which one. ;)

I'm totally crashing this party too. Mrrice, can I be your official GS fan girl? :laugh:

boskil

Match Penalty
If I had to choose a name that I heard the most during my brief time touring in Russia. I'd have to say it was "Petrov/Petrova. Is that still a popular surname?
Petrov=Piotrowski=Peterson - very popular everywhere. It's just that ending "ska(ya), ski(y)" is Polish. :)

rosy14

Final Flight
While it's common in North America, some Europeans don't like to appropriate the term Caucasian, e.g. I've heard that most ethnic Russians don't like it because it most accurately refers to people from the Caucasus.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peoples_of_the_Caucasus

Yeah, in Europe we prefer Indo-European. However, according to some researchers, the Proto-Indo-Europeans lived in the Caucasus region, then, having domesticated the horse, they started travelling North, South, East and West, so they reached the whole of Europe, Anatolia (or Asia minor, now Turkey), Persia (Iran, which means Aryan) and down to the Indo Valley. And East up to Central Asia (now part of China).

begin

Medalist
Unbelievable. There are people here actually defending this trash of an interview. Since when did 'telling it like it is' mean recklessly spewing ignorance? In what sane world is that something we should 'appreciate'?

... then, having domesticated the horse, they started travelling North, South, East and West,...up to Central Asia (now part of China).

And once they reached Asia they began the even more challenging process of domesticating their women. ;)