2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Julianne Séguin also skated single at 4cc... she finished 11th and it was her debut senior event if I recall... not bad.... but glad she is skating in pairs!
I know right - it was not a big achievement, but she was the only one having any kind of success and being able to compete internationally.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Julianne Séguin also skated single at 4cc... she finished 11th and it was her debut senior event if I recall... not bad.... but glad she is skating in pairs!

I was glad to see Julianne being mentioned for a long time after glancing at your post, and then I saw the thread's title, "Splits & Partner Changes", oh wait.....no............
How could not be the wonderful partnership lasting....and then it was all my misunderstanding, so I was relieved. I was making a drama in a very short period of time. :laugh:

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
LOL ... sorry... i was just answering the previous post... can you imagine the drama if they split ? we love them so much... :)

I was glad to see Julianne being mentioned for a while after glancing at your post, and then I saw the thread's title, "Splits & Partner Changes", oh wait.....no............
How could not be the wonderful partnership lasting....and then it was all my misunderstanding, so was relieved. I was making a drama in a very short minutes. :laugh:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
LOL ... sorry... i was just answering the previous post... can you imagine the drama if they split ? we love them so much... :)

No apologies needed, it was all from my misunderstanding. After all drama happened surrounding the Chinese pairs, I just want them to stay healthy and make beautiful programs. :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Hallelujah! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

They were far too good a partnership to split up after just one season together.

I really hope the issues that led to them splitting up in the first place have been fully sorted out, though. Because, if they aren't, another split down the line could turn out to be very messy. :eek:

So, that is 2 partnerships that split up last season, and then got back together a few months later - Moscheni / Lukács (HUN) and Lorenz / Polizoakis (DEU).

I wonder if we will see any more reunions before the season starts...

CaroLiza_fan

hanca

Record Breaker

They were far too good a partnership to split up after just one season together.

I really hope the issues that led to them splitting up in the first place have been fully sorted out, though. Because, if they aren't, another split down the line could turn out to be very messy. :eek:

So, that is 2 partnerships that split up last season, and then got back together a few months later - Moscheni / Lukács (HUN) and Lorenz / Polizoakis (DEU).

CaroLiza_fan
Three. The British pair also split and then they got back together. (But I heard that they have again split up).

Layback11

Record Breaker

CaroLiza_fan

I think they are trying to lead by example/brainwash the Chinese fed into reuniting Yu/Jin. :coffee:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Three. The British pair also split and then they got back together. (But I heard that they have again split up).

Are you talking about Stacey Kemp / David King?

Given that they got married to each other a few weeks ago, perhaps "split" isn't the right word! ;) :biggrin:

Article about the wedding on the NISA website
Article about the wedding in Stacey's local newspaper, the Chorley Guardian

I'll be honest, I thought they had just taken a sabbatical to concentrate on preparing for the wedding. But, from the sounds of the NISA article, they have definitely retired.

All the best to them for their future together.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Ach, I'm stupid!!! :bang:

As soon as I posted my reply, I realised that you were talking about Amani Fancy / Christopher Boyadji!

Yeah, that was a strange situation, with what happened at the Nebelhorn. In fact, I was really surprised that they did get back together.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if they had split again.

CaroLiza_fan

TMC

Record Breaker
Four - the Finnish ice dancers Karmi/Lindholm also split and got back together!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

hanca

Record Breaker
Ach, I'm stupid!!! :bang:

As soon as I posted my reply, I realised that you were talking about Amani Fancy / Christopher Boyadji!

Yeah, that was a strange situation, with what happened at the Nebelhorn. In fact, I was really surprised that they did get back together.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if they had split again.

CaroLiza_fan
They did split up second time. Boyadji is with a new partner. (Zoe Wilkinson, new to pairs and in her mid thirties. But at least she has triple jumps).

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They did split up second time. Boyadji is with a new partner. (Zoe Wilkinson, new to pairs and in her mid thirties. But at least she has triple jumps).

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!!!!

Zoe is his new partner????!!!! :jaw: :shocked:

Some adoptive father I am! My eldest child takes up a new discipline, and I never even knew!!! :drama:

I had seen videos of her doing pairs moves in practice, but I thought it was just a bit of fun. I didn't realise she was actually thinking about taking it up!

Thank you for the info.

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Last edited:

lyndichee

Medalist

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Probably due to the fact that Tessa and Scott are back + they usually have maximum of 5 per discipline. ...

Disagree that Tessa/Scott are the reason.
Six members of the national team would not have been all that unusual.

For example:

Skate Canada named six dance couples to the national team for 2013-14.

Skate Canada named six ladies to the national team for 2015-16.