2016 Skate Canada Men's SP | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Men's SP

HanDomi

Record Breaker
honestly, landing on a knee is a bit disturbing for a perfomance, even if it's something Prince may have done ;)

Yes, I agree it was disturbing, but PChan fall was very disturbing too. Since it throwed Hanyu off propably I would give him pcs like 43, but I don't think he was astronomically overscored like some people are saying here

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well i disagree.. just watched it again... he stood in less than half a second ;) and the quality of the skating that was before remained after... YMMV
Yes, I agree it was disturbing, but PChan fall was very disturbing too. Since it throwed Hanyu off propably I would give him pcs like 43, but I don't think he was astronomically overscored like some people are saying here

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
WOW, lots of music from my youth, I loved it!!!

Chan – he has his own skating style, which is awesome floating on the ice like a feather.... On the other hand to me it has a rather distant feel and his music did not help him at all. He needs warm music, not distant.

Hanyu – did not like the music at all, but he looks great in his beautiful costume. Don´t know what to think about his bombing the jumps, maybe he is aiming to be at his best condition at Worlds this time?

Mura – liked his music + interpretation, program, costume and hair (makes him look like a warrior). Great beginning of the season for him!

Yan - what has happened to him since juniors? Has he too many distractions and not enough time for skating? Of course this is early in the season, but the same has gone on for quite some years now... He has such a beautiful skating style, such a pity to waste it!!!

And of course Brezina was Brezina....

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Hanyu? Chan? They only skate on ice, not water, let alone steam. They can't hold a candle to cloud skating angel that is Plushenko!

I am sure he was at certain points of his career.

And I actually know two person from your list without looking at google.

Maya Plisetskaya was the most beautiful dying swan. Her arms are insanely swan-like. She even did Camille Saint Saens' Dying Swan at age 60/70.

Sergei Filin was the Russian Ballet director who had acid thrown to his face by a nasty dancer in the company who was unhappy that his ballerina girlfriend was not given lead roles or something like that.

"Far beyond human measures! Artistically and in technically perfect! Just all the best I can say, from the first second I saw him on ice, I knew from the first movement, that he is the best... That is what I call that unexplainable aura, what just the purest and therefore those people have, who are the best in something. Everything he does is just great, and with all that power and passion he skates... Beating everyone. The step sequence is just shocking... I can't find words for that. The timing, the powerfullnes, the artistry..." -*claps*Thank you for putting in words my feelings..Plushenko.. pure perfection on ice"

I understand if anyone says doesn't like Plushenko's style, but to write a sarcastic comment what shows the absolut ignorance of the poster, but want to mock with it the one of the greatest skaters ever, that is very shameful and ridiculous. If I don't know nothing about any skater I remain silent and don't write opinion.

Roberto Bolle one of the greatests , Italian most famous, principal ballet dancer today, world star ( and a beautiful man ;) )

Nicolai Tsiskaridze, he was a world star, principal dancer in Bolshoi some years ago, he admires Plushenko so much( he is a fan, I'm brave to say)

Yuri Smekalov choreographer and principal dancer in Kirov Balet, the choreographer of Plushenko's Nijinsky program ( look at who was Nijinsky)

watch these videos, please! 8 minutes, after this you won't write any ignorance post..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aGZXEs4dIE at his 17! he gave 6.0 for his presentation.. he doesn't interprete the music?? who is if he is not? I could show videos in his earlier age, when he was perfect!

two week ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57grdU9z-70 - "Something incredible is happening with the audience, when Plushenko goes out on the ice! 👏👏👏 Need to hear the roar of the stadium, to understand energy !!! Hey, guys, there is no equal to our skaters. Then every skating looked like baby talk"

Last edited:

MIM

Medalist
Chan: First, I was very impressed with his look-Nice sleek hair and very well-fitted pants. His program made me smile throughout. It is a gentle, soft, and classy program. :luv17:

Hanyu: 4Lo is immensely a hard jump. There is a reason why the jump was successfully landed by nobody except for himself. This program screams Yuzu, and I like that! His vest(team Japan) is white and his skates are covered in white. :laugh:

Mura: Great choice of music! His FS to Phantom at the SA 2014(?) was superb. His heavy, yet solid jumps left a long lasting impression on the ice. But since then, he seemed to struggle for the rest of the season and the season that followed. I am so glad he found his style here. I think he knows more than anyone that this program suits him well. He is not known for the best SS, but he puts strong efforts on the STSQ and made it a highlight of the program. Respect!! It was an excellent performance from him.

Ge: Misha is genuine. He cannot be copied. He is like a sing-a-song-writer. The way he put together a program - how the program is composed, how he interpreters music, and how he conducts his movements- is so organic and natural that it is only seems to be fair that he has to have a strain (i.e. he can never do a quad jump). Some sentiments are lost in translation from a choreographer to a skater. But, being a choreographer/skater, he picks a music which he is able to tell a story with, and runs with it. (Random thoughts: This program could work for Gracie......)

Petrov: Petrov is a gorgeous skater. I just learned that Misha choreographed his SP (another good job misha!). When I saw his fire dance at the Nebelhorn prior to Mao's at JO, I was struck by the music and the choreo, and quickly became a fan. I like moments where he rubs his hands and blows a fire(?) to judges, the nuanced hand positions on spins, the exit choreo out of a 3A. The costume reminds me of a far away country around Caspian Sea where people warship fire. The list why I like him keeps growing. I like him. a lot.

Samohin: I was really worried when he fell apart at the Finlandia. He worked hard for two weeks and made a great (quick) come-back. I think the music is very compelling. I am not sure why nobody had skated to this music. It could be a warhorse. The red shirts look great on him skating to this music that has a theme of bloody vengeance.

Han: It was devastating to see him not be qualified for FS at the WC last season. Certainly, he tries harder to perform here. While I am glad he did landed 4T, 3A, 3-3 (messy landings, though), I see other areas (spins and steps) left to be desired still. It is sad because I think he has one of the most suave SS in the field.

Brezina: It is very promising that he changed his coach to Rafael. After watching SA I want to send any skaters struggling with jumps to him. (i.e. So Youn, Nagai, etc) Michal probably needs more time with his new coach to see some real changes. Same as Joshi with Orser.

shmay

On the Ice
Samohin's SP is like a night at a Bat Yam karaoke bar that you try to pretend never happened

I guess there's a place for that in skating

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I only watched Yuzuru and Patrick this morning. For Yuzuru he looked tired to me and the program a bit slow. I think that this can be a great SP if Yuzuru is clean. If not it loses so much of its freshness it almost becomes monotonic. I'm not worried because he is never at his best at SC. Patrick did well and the score is good. But damn that triple axel. It remains the nemesis. Looks like the others didn't deliver either so Yuzuru still has all the chances. All in all, you could really feel that it's early in the season I guess. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Lys

Match Penalty
The 4 loop had combo written with it on the protocol. I don't understand why.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Usually to know why, one just needs to read the rules...

If there is no second jump in a jump combination, the Technical Panel identifies the intended combination during or after the program. If there is no clear way to identify the combination or the solo jump preceded by steps (steps or no steps in
both cases)
, the Technical Panel will decide which one is the solo jump and which one is the combination in favour of the skater.

Yuzuru has steps into both jumping passes, so he falls into "no clear way to identify the combination vs solo jump" and he benefits of having the call in his favour (aka putting the call on COMBO on the jump already receiving -3GOE).

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
so yuzuru is not human ? what is he? a unicorn? an alien? a deity?

I prefer looking at things positively here. He will do his best, so that later this season he gets things together... and we don't know... maybe the programs are ready now. Sitting all those small competitions can actually be a bad strategy as it puts even more pressure on the bigger events. It's good that people are doing more and more events. Look at the Russian team. They do so many challengers. It helps for consistency. If he came to ACI, when he was clearly not ready with the LP, I doubt he would skip SCI.

Careful 4everchan. Pitchforking Yuzu fans, may unit. Heaven forbid you suggest he is ....human...., and dare you suggest he may need additional "practice", as in competitions. Who do you think you arrrrhardyharrrr. ;)

Rissa

Record Breaker
Usually to know why, one just needs to read the rules...

Yuzuru has steps into both jumping passes, so he falls into "no clear way to identify the combination vs solo jump" and he benefits of having the call in his favour (aka putting the call on COMBO on the jump already receiving -3GOE).

Thanks, I was wondering about it as well, I just thought that if there's no way to tell, they tack the +COMBO to the first jump.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Careful 4everchan. Pitchforking Yuzu fans, may unit. Heaven forbid you suggest he is ....human...., and dare you suggest he may need additional "practice", as in competitions. Who do you think you arrrrhardyharrrr. ;)

Considering all Yuzuru fans think he needs additional practice and lots of work on stamina I think 4everchan is safe :biggrin:

Now to read this thread where I left off or not ... I feel like I'll need more coffee for that.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Considering all Yuzuru fans think he needs additional practice and lots of work on stamina I think 4everchan is safe :biggrin:

Now to read this thread where I left off or not ... I feel like I'll need more coffee for that.

Well, having been on the receiving end of those pitchforks for suggesting after ACI that he was unprepared, I hope other Yuzu fans are as understanding as you, Yatagarasu.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Well, having been on the receiving end of those pitchforks for suggesting after ACI that he was unprepared, I hope other Yuzu fans are as understanding as you, Yatagarasu.

Huh, ow. I am sorry about that. I do think he's not fully prepared even now, though his stamina seems much better (he is stable with 3 out of 4 quads in the FS, the last one is still not there completely). But there's no way the injury and two months off ice and everything that followed didn't leave a trace. He recently talked a bit about that and it wasn't pretty. Losing World's before certain doesn't help. It'll take time. I am a fan so I have faith but I am fully prepared for a rocky road. In that sense 4everchan is quite correct, more competitions could only help. Of course, there's the other side of that too, as usual, in the sense of getting decent enough results not to feel frustrated with himself. I feel for every athlete coming from an injury. Anyway, hopefully no pitchforks for anyone and fingers crossed everyone just stays healthy.

Lys

Match Penalty

That's rich.

That was your own quote: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...s-Free-Skate&p=1497841&viewfull=1#post1497841

Felt like a Donald Trump at the debate, skate. Did someone forget to practice?

He didn't forget to practice. He was UNABLE to practice for two full months. He had to skip the whole summer ice-show leg trying to recover. You know there is a difference between saying he is behind preparation right now (which he is) and "did someone forget to practice?" comparing him to Trump.

But please, go on and cry on those evil folks twisting your words and going after you.

Last edited:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Thanks Yatagarasu! Depending on the injury, it can take up to a year and longer. Looking at Kaetlyn's experience and watching her attempt to compete while still in recovery, was humbling to watch at times (Skate Canada 2015). While defeating in the moment, she had to go through it to get where she is today. Yes, competitions are hard after injury, but they help! It is a process.

Fear not, given his youth, physical condition and the team surrounding him, I fully expect he will be back to his usual 'game ready' self, and soon.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
That's rich.

But please, go on and cry on those evil folks twisting your words and going after you.

Case in point!

Isn't trolling considered an infraction? Happy Halloween, Lys.

Last edited: