2016 Trophée de France Ladies SP | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Ladies SP

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
That was an entertaining short. The big surprise for me was Lecavelier, it was a wonderful skate. Medvedeva is the deserved leader but I find the choreo a bit cringey, I don't like the skipping. Very impressed with Daelman, a really strong athletic performance, she definitely deserved a 70+. I didn't like Higuchi's costume, it overpowered the music plus I always think of B/S in SLC with this music so it is never going to compare. She would have scored very big if she did the 3F.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Spasiba all girls!

Medvedeva 78.52
Daleman 72.70
Sotskova 68.71
Laurine 66.61
Wakaba 65.03
So Youn 64.83
Leonova 63.87
Mao 61.29
Anastasia Galusyan 56.92
Gracie 54.87
Meite 52.78
Yuka Nagai 52.41

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
gracie is sadly getting left behind in the proverbial dust. What has gone wrong?

Unfortunately the jumps were a mess: 3ltz-3t two footed, maybe even UR, popped the flip into a double, and just a single axel.

The worse is that almost everyone performed clean here.

janav

On the Ice
There were nice performances in the ladies' event, but the pairs event is the best for me.

Any event with Aliona in it is bound to be good :luv17:
(and I'll show myself out before I'll insult everyone with my fangirling).

Warwick360

Medalist
any theories about the men LMAO

Not sure it will be allowed or not by GS here, but apparently before competitions, athletes tend not to *ahem**ahem* with their other half as it can lead to loss of energy, allegedly. This came up around Wimbledon few years ago, I kid you not.

If the guys are falling then.....yeah, not heeding the cardinal rule I say. :cool14:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Any event with Aliona in it is bound to be good :luv17:
(and I'll show myself out before I'll insult everyone with my fangirling).

Only 6 teams competed there much thanks to the FFSG, but the overall quality is so great. :) Aliona is always golden in my heart.

Anyway, I hope for great FS performances from all disciplines.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Protocols are up:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gpfra2016/gpfra2016_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

Wakaba got no credit for her 2F. Same with Gracie, who also got nothing for her popped Axel. Yuka Nagai also got no Axel credit.

Wakaba's 3Lz-3T was the highest scoring jumping pass with 12.53 points. If only she hadn't had problems with her Flip.

I don't know how I feel about Medvedeva's +3 on a jumping pass from six judges, Gabby sets such a higher bar for the jumps.

TGee

Record Breaker

While Evgenia's skate was lovely, I really wish her jumps and spins got more scrutiny....

I'm personally really struggling with the last spin...given a level 4, and +2 and +3 GOE across the board...but it was so far from being centred in a box, one wonders if it's even given consideration.... The trail of her edge was so deep and so corkscrewed that it was not only visible when the camera cut away, it was still visible when the next skater was in the early part of her program.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I was kind of underwhelmed by this Ladies Short. CoR was definitely the better competition in my eyes. By Grand Prix Final Medvedeva will hit the 80s. Left me totally cold anyway. Gabrielle Daleman was the only one who was slightly exciting. Mao keeps breaking my heart and watching Gracie Gold implode is just painful for probably even her biggest haters. Sotskova and Higuchi weren't the revelations they were made out to be beforehand either. Really, maybe it was just me but I found this competition totally forgetable, painful to watch - and, that's probably the worst: boring. Urgh. Not looking forward to the LP, to be honest.

Last edited:

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS 78.52 1 video
2 Gabrielle DALEMAN CAN 72.70 2 video
3 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS 68.71 3 video
4 Laurine LECAVELIER FRA 66.61 4 video
5 Wakaba HIGUCHI JPN 65.02 5 video
6 So Youn PARK KOR 64.89 6 video
7 Alena LEONOVA RUS 63.87 7 video
8 Mao ASADA JPN 61.29 8 video
9 Anastasia GALUSTYAN ARM 56.92 9 video
10 Gracie GOLD USA 54.87 10 video
11 Mae Berenice MEITE FRA 52.78 11 video
12 Yuka NAGAI JPN 52.41 12 video

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Those judges who give 7s for Mao's skating skill, composition and interpretation can be fired.

Those who give Evgenia more than 8.5s can also be fired.

Wakaba deserves higher PCS

Laurine is lucky that she didn't get a UR call on the second jump of her combo

In conclusion, the scoring is still a mess

Warwick360

Medalist
I was kind of underwhelmed by this Ladies Short. CoR was definitely the better competition in my eyes. By Grand Prix Final Medvedeva will hit the 80s. Left me totally cold anyway. Gabrielle Daleman was the only one who was slightly exciting. Mao keeps breaking my heart and watching Gracie Gold implode is just painful for probably even her biggest haters. Sotskova and Higuchi weren't the revelations they were made out to be beforehand either. Really, maybe it was just me but I found this competition totally forgetable, painful to watch - and, that's probably the worst: boring. Urgh. Not looking forward to the LP, to be honest.

It's funny that I have to agree, because I was expecting the ladies field to be burning the ice when compared to the field in the men's. But instead, for me, Nathan Chen's jumping passes (damn that double axel) and Ten's comeback basically made it the night for the men's for me.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
I feel like we're gonna have a new Total Score WR after LP. And this season, an 80 pts SP.
Meh.