2016 Trophée de France Ladies SP | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Ladies SP

andyjo24

Medalist
Yay!!! Happy for So Youn!!! I hope she does well in the free. If she goes clean, she can be in the 130+ range!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Alena
Mao
Gracie
and Mae Berneice

All big names in the sport did not make the final group at a GP event. This is THE shock of the season for me. Gabby and Nathan were the highlights for me.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Alena
and Mae Berneice

All big names in the sport did not make the final group at a GP event. This is THE shock of the season for me. Gabby and Nathan were the highlights for me.

i wouldn't say them not being in the final group is shocking.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Those judges who give 7s for Mao's skating skill, composition and interpretation can be fired.

Those who give Evgenia more than 8.5s can also be fired.

Wakaba deserves higher PCS

Laurine is lucky that she didn't get a UR call on the second jump of her combo

In conclusion, the scoring is still a mess

No, it is already a big score considering this is her first appreance in senior GP, and her program wasn't clean.

The scoring makes sense if you understand the system (generous GOEs for everyone here)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Gracie and Mao weren't really expected to do well, as they've both had their own challenges lately.

I like seeing the other skaters (like Gabby & Laurine) finally coming into their own and delivering near their full potential. Lots of other clean skates as well.

I wasn't watching for any particular skater, I just enjoyed the event overall.

Spinning

On the Ice
Not sure it will be allowed or not by GS here, but apparently before competitions, athletes tend not to *ahem**ahem* with their other half as it can lead to loss of energy, allegedly. This came up around Wimbledon few years ago, I kid you not.

If the guys are falling then.....yeah, not heeding the cardinal rule I say. :cool14:

Not so sure about that since our three lions seem to add Wags in every tournaments lately. Footballers tends to perform better with regular actions. :biggrin:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I feel like we're gonna have a new Total Score WR after LP. And this season, an 80 pts SP.
Meh.

Mao and Yuna's legacies are cemented because of their successes at Worlds and Olympics, not their scoring records. The scores don't matter; the elements and values have changed substantially since 2010.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
If Higuchi keeps this up, her PCS scores will rise. As it is, it might be her and Marin Honda, if she can manage the jump to seniors, to be within range of Medvedeva. A combination of athleticism, artistry and quirky luck.
yes. And I would put Polina Tsurskaya on a top.

katymay

Medalist
Those judges who give 7s for Mao's skating skill, composition and interpretation can be fired.

My opinion, or at least my wish, is that they would dump PCS scores all together. GOE on the elements serves the same purpose. (IOW: Make it a bit more like gymnastics scoring)

Warwick360

Medalist
Not so sure about that since our three lions seem to add Wags in every tournaments lately. Footballers tends to perform better with regular actions. :biggrin:

Not sure if sarcasm or not. :unsure:

Maybe if the Lions left their Wags at home, maybe we'd see the face of the Euro or the World Cup trophy on our end. :slink:

Leonardo

Final Flight

Thank you! My thoughts exactly. Hey, Medvedeva (36 pcs, kostner like, lol) almost beat Mao's wr with a triple axel and much much much better skating/artistry/everything :drama:

pororocheburashka

On the Ice

So there is only one judge left: :biggrin:
Ms. So Young AN from KOR :agree:
Oh I would fire her too. she gave only 7.00 :gaah: for Wakaba transitions and 7.50 :dev2: for Wakaba skating skills.

Last edited:

eta

Medalist
My opinion, or at least my wish, is that they would dump PCS scores all together. GOE on the elements serves the same purpose. (IOW: Make it a bit more like gymnastics scoring)

GOE is becoming more like PCS. I'm not as familiar with the ladies, but with the men, a lot of them are getting +GOE for no steps into solo jumps.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Mao and Yuna's legacies are cemented because of their successes at Worlds and Olympics, not their scoring records. The scores don't matter; the elements and values have changed substantially since 2010.

I agree with what you said about Yuna and Mao's legacy. And I wasn't talking about them or their scores.
It's a sentiment about how the overly inflated scores these days kind of take away enjoyment for me. And BV has changed but GOE principles haven't. What changed is how judges can just give them away like candies on Halloween these days. But I'm not gonna rant about this further. I just replied to you.

Last edited:

Spinning

On the Ice
Not sure if sarcasm or not. :unsure:

Maybe if the Lions left their Wags at home, maybe we'd see the face of the Euro or the World Cup trophy on our end. :slink:
Unfortunately ,with the WAGs tagging along, that was our better version already. :tantrum:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Thank you! My thoughts exactly. Hey, Medvedeva (36 pcs, kostner like, lol) almost beat Mao's wr with a triple axel and much much much better skating/artistry/everything :drama:

the bv of Mao's WR SP is just a point above Evgenia's SP, because it doesn't have a 3-3, in fact the TES is so close (42.81 vs 42.10).

To me the real WR that sets a new standard for the ladies is Liza's SP at 2015 Worlds: base value 36.22 points even with a FSSP3.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Okay Y'all. I am almost never on the "Hype" train. Although I have respect for Med's style, I have never been a huge Med fan. However, I just watched her SP and I could hardly contain my excitement for her program. I don't love the gloves but, they are necessary to highlight her Tano's. I love the music, the jumps, and her final combination spin is one of the prettiest spins I've seen from a skater since Lucinda Ruh. IMO, She is the clear leader and I doubt anyone will catch her in the Free Program. But, I'd love to see Gabby give her a run for her money.

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
the bv of Mao's WR SP is just a point above Evgenia's SP, because it doesn't have a 3-3, in fact the TES is so close (42.81 vs 42.10).

To me the real WR that sets a new standard for the ladies is Liza's SP at 2015 Worlds: base value 36.22 points even with a FSSP3.

To me the real WR that sets a new standard for the ladies is little Rika's junior GP 8 triple (perfect) including 3A FS.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Nathan13

Medalist
Idk if this has been pointed out yet, but congrats to Gabby for getting straight +3 GOE on her 3T+3T!!! :clap: :hap10:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I was kind of underwhelmed by this Ladies Short. CoR was definitely the better competition in my eyes. By Grand Prix Final Medvedeva will hit the 80s. Left me totally cold anyway. Gabrielle Daleman was the only one who was slightly exciting. Mao keeps breaking my heart and watching Gracie Gold implode is just painful for probably even her biggest haters. Sotskova and Higuchi weren't the revelations they were made out to be beforehand either. Really, maybe it was just me but I found this competition totally forgetable, painful to watch - and, that's probably the worst: boring. Urgh. Not looking forward to the LP, to be honest.

I'd never said it better...Medvedeva could do every tech element in the last minute, spin on her head or tano step sequence, judges would be all over that with +3 GOE across the board, but thank God I don't have to fawning all over her - in fact - still quite juniorish style of skating. Just being sad over he discipline that such unpolished, immature and not sophisticated skater, skating and programs are setting the top standard now...

Gabrielle was an absolute highlight - a pocket rocket, so much energy, power and attack. Now there is a greatly balanced program which suits skater's character and abilities. Program which entertains and has some excitement in it by great choreography, unique transitions and foremost a skater's personality shining through it. Her jumps are amazing,her presentation is always on point, really hope she'll hang into 2nd overall.

Heartbroken for Mao...Wish she would take some rest until Nationals at least. I feel her desire to push herself, to be better and develop, but sometimes you have to listen to your body first I feel...

Gutted for Gracie and I'm not even a fan...There is something clearly wrong happening right now with her/with her team. It's a shame that a talented girl struggles that much.