2016-17 GPF Ladies FS | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Ladies FS

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
i agree... Ha, at the same time, though --> it feels a little jarring to have such a cute reaction immediately following a 9/11 tribute program... Imho, it just hammers home how *inauthentic* this program is for her... (i'm also surprised that we've made it this far into the season without that voiceover portion being removed / reworked).

amen!

Rissa

Record Breaker
Poor Pogorilaya, forever third. :(

Oh for pete's sake. I'm a card carrying Pogo fan but can we not make her some sort of a victim? She IS getting recognized, judges are perfectly willing to throw great scores at her. Tonight she had a great skate and got a great score. But so did Satoko, c'mon. I'm really really not a Satoko fan but credit where it's due, it was possibly the best I've seen from her. The FS was touch and go, they were both amazing but Satoko had the SP lead, so her silver is really not some great injustice.

I firmly believe that if Anna's completely clean twice, she won't be beaten by anybody but Medvedeva, she's building great momentum.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
LMFAO, boy does Medvedva rubs some people so wrong here. Look, this is the way it works. The irony is that that mistake on the flip actually helped her. She just moved her combo to the second half and got more points. If I ever the judge, I would have given her +5 in PCS just for that. What an incredible mindset that little girl has. Satoko's score is such a shame. Why torture the girl, in the next outing it will go down in flames again!!!

You don't get PCS for simply putting a combo on a different jump?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
i feel so sorry for anna... hope she will be more motivated with this and come even stronger to worlds and i really hope the judges will be fair with her

How can she be motivated? Of course she has areas where she can improve, but when you skate clean and your opponent does not, and still easily beats your score, I say it may be highly demotivating.
All the ladies here are working hard and sacrificing their lives having in mind the ultimate prize - Olympic gold. This competition, once again, proved that Olympic gold is most likely unreachable for them. So, I say again, unless one of them comes next season with quads (3A may not cut it), there is no competition.

snd

On the Ice
oh, and another thing - maria did so well, considering this is her first senior season and first senior gpf. i am not a fan of her style (or programs), but i think she can be very proud of herself. she handled the pressure really well.

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Is Sakoto really UR'ing and they are ignoring it?? If so think of all the other UR's that could be ignored and elevate the skater. Nagasu to name one.

At least in the same competition if you want to ignore Satoko's URs then you should ignore URs for everyone, while here there are huge downgrades and URs for Lena and Maria but nothing for Satoko (just a < for the flip but GOE 0 and not -2)

liv

Record Breaker
For performances of the night, I'd say both Anna and Satoko were tops. It was really great to see them both do so well. I thought Anna was better technically, because, well, we know about the URs not called for Satoko. But, they both got great marks and deserved them for different reasons.

My issue with Evgenia is winning the free program with a season's best. I think her overall win makes sense:She was tops in the short, and other than one error, she has tons of technical content and back loads for extra points. While many may not like the actual program, her skating is top notch. The biggest problem, though, is winning with a season's best. It was obviously not a season's best by any stretch of the imagination as she had an error and was a bit slower than usual. I just wish the judges judged what they saw. It's ok for her to win, just don't tell us it was better than an earlier clean performance. We have eyes and youtube.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Can we please stop with the verbiage of "hater"? Most posts against Med's high PCS are bashing the choreography, choreographer and maybe the coachs bad choice and definitely the judges, not the skater herself.

It is a funny gif though.

madison

Record Breaker
But even with her jumps in the second part of the program, Evgenia's skating looked slow and labored :-s, mediocre at best.

noidont

Final Flight
I agree with the tech calls. I don't see anything else UR but that 3F in Satoko. Anna got robbed on PCS though. I will have Anna 71+, Satoko 70+, Osmond 68+. Medvedeva deserves 72 for checking all the boxes, but probably not 74.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Is Sakoto really UR'ing and they are ignoring it?? If so think of all the other UR's that could be ignored and elevate the skater. Nagasu to name one.

Satoko is the complete opposite of Mao. She gets credit for clearly UR jumps while her over scrutinized compatriot gets UR calls for rotated ones. They are not clearly as invested with calling her out as they do with Asada.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
i feel so sorry for anna... hope she will be more motivated with this and come even stronger to worlds and i really hope the judges will be fair with her

I'll be at worlds, and if the judges underscore Anna again, I'm gonna riot and beat them up with my Pooh! :scowl:

Kirei

On the Ice
Some people hate on him but he would have rightfully called Satoko's UR's and had Anna in second.

Overrall, this was a well skated event. Hopefully the Men's will be great like this and not a splatfest like Thursday's competition.

I like him. He's strict but fair to all skaters. That rewards good jumping technique and is good for the sport.

I do think Anna deserve 2nd, especially since Satoko's 3T was clearly < but not called yesterday, and her calls were pretty lenient today compared to other skaters.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
4/6 ladies scored with 210+ overall.....shows the direction of ladies skating. "Better, faster, stronger." I like!

But that is also total BS! HAS IT REALLY!?

The best SP didn't even have a 3lutz or 3A. All the UR are overlooked out of 'convinience'

Which of these program you'd watch again and again? I'd say only OSmond's SP, and may be Satoko's FS (but I can't bear tiny jumps in general, nothing personal.. i want power speed attack wonderwoman fly long time in the air at extra slow speed while I go WOWWW!!!!)