Most beautiful Camel Spin ever? | Golden Skate

Most beautiful Camel Spin ever?

pETEs (Sasha Fan)

Match Penalty
The Camel Spin is an aesthetically tricky spin, since it is slower than 'tighter' spins and it is meant to showcase great extension and beautiful positions. Soooo many ugly camel spins come to my visual horizon, but who really excels and brings something innovative to that aspect?

*Is it possible to see a full 'arabesque penchée' kind of position while camel-spinning, adding amplitude to the mix?
*Is it possible to see a vertical bent-over camel, à la rhythmic gymnastics?
*So far, who do you think are the skaters with the most beautiful camel positions in history? I go first, and nominee John Curry: his line is second to none.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Young Plushy. His stretch line was divine and he retained a superb basic position all the way through to the end.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Young Plushy. His stretch line was divine and he retained a superb basic position all the way through to the end.

Completely true!!!! Especially when you add his flying hair to the mix.....It's perfection. There are quite a few ladies with pretty camel spins and of those I've seen in person, I'd say it's very close between Alissa Czisny and Mirai Nagasu.

Last edited:

pETEs (Sasha Fan)

Match Penalty
Completely true!!!! Especially when you add his flying hair to the mix.....It's perfection. There are quite a few ladies with pretty camel spins and of those I've seen in person, I'd say it's very close between Alissa Czisny and Mirai Nagasu.

xD!

pETEs (Sasha Fan)

Match Penalty
Ok, don't laugh but, does "xD" mean something? I'm not hip to the young people expressions....:drama:

He he it means a laughter. If you recline your head to the left you'll see the "x" as tightly closed eyes and the "D" as a huge smile. ;) I just found the comment about young Plushy's hair hilarious, like coming out from one of the YOI triplets. xD!