2017 Worlds Men's SP | Page 92 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Men's SP

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
FInally Patrick has gone over 100!!!!

4everchan where are you???

i am drying out my cheeks... crying of joy.... for the first time in this SP Patrick was able to show us what he was after. The tenderness, the love for each little movement... it was sublime. To do this, he needed to be exactly in the state of mind he was today. Caring for his own beautiful skating.

This program deserved 50+ in PCS btw... so i better not see so much wuzrobbed about other skaters ;)

sam123

On the Ice
Alas, Jin Seo didn't make it to FS :sad46::sad46: I really wanted to see him dancing/skating to Singin' in The Rain! But then there's still hope. And i'm hoping him, MCM and Juju will qualify for Pyeongchang next year <3 <3

gmyers

Record Breaker
Quadless American almost better than kolyada. Kolyada needs to move North America for good pcs

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Kolyada is fine where he is. He got personal best PCS and score, and he did one quad... and his overall skating isn't nearly the quality of the top 5 guys.
Yes, okay okay, I guess he's okay where he is. :) Four/five points behind Chen and Hanyu when both of them were off their game seems a bit strange to me, but Kolyada can still make a run for it in the FS.
But I disagree about his skating quality. He is so special.

da96103

Record Breaker
Did I step into a wormhole? Is this a parallel universe? What was this competition? One of the most well skated men's comps I've ever had the pleasure to watch, wow! :shocked: :yahoo: :eeking: Gonna take some time until I'll be able to form a coherent thought again. :laugh:

Yeah, top 4 with season and personal bests!

Javi, Shoma, Patrick and Boyang all did their best-est!

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
My head and my heart says Yuzuru will win the WC this time. But at the back of my head there is a voice that say Javi will be going for the third title :shame:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I almost expect Nathan to pull out six quads for the LP if he can do it. I think just like he was nervous in the SP at the GPF but relaxed in the LP he will come out and attack.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Fernandez set up for 3-peat!!!! Holy smokes! The easiest looking quads! the most gorgeous too! awesome!

I doubt Hanyu is going to win. That free is just horrible. Im so sorry....He needed the sp really to win...Anyway awesome SP guys!!!! the men bought their A-game!!!!! P Chan! such a revelation! u can never count him out! Incredible skating skills. Jason lovely SS as well. Wow this field is the deepest it's ever been!

I am not always a Hanyu fan as to his programs but it isn't horrible (free). And anyways when he skates if he does fairly well it is never bad. He has a nice personality on the ice and he has the tricks so he never can be horrible :) As for Javier great easy quads but, and I am not a judge I totally disagree with the pcs for him and Chen - way too high. Chan rarely skates well and his pcs were below Javier Javier is good. Javier is world champion. Javier has a great personality but his skating skills and such are significantly behind CHan even when Chan isn't on. He is also behind Hanyu so he shouldn't be beating him even when he skates his best -which he did but Chan was no slouch either. It is interesting how people use to, and still do for other reasons on Chan. Because really now we have a s ystem and judging that essentially gives pcs for consistent quads. And little differentiation for the real pc skaters like Chan. As I said before one two footed or flawed quad and you more than have made up the pc difference of a whole program - guess that is where skating is headed.

It is clear that as gorgeous as Brown's skating is and Chan's they cannot and will not medal with the lack of content. USA has its three men for sure. The only person I think guaranteed on the podium now is Fernandez - may not be gold because Hanyu, Umo and Chen are close enough. It would take a miracle for Chan to medal and no hope at all for Brown. Once again the Americans sneak into the final group. I think I would have had Nathan in the second group but with that lucky break he is set up for at the very least a medal. I think people need to remember that even if he misses say two quads with falls he gets credit for like triple jumps if fully rotated. Shoma could really put a wrench into Javier/Hanyu/Chen's domination. The Russian boys don't look to factor here. And fan faves Ge and Ten really aren't in the mix.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I'd like to request one medal for Jin Boyang, please. Preferably at least silver, but bronze is fine. I won't ask for the gold, because I know there is still work to be done. Thank you, skate gods!