Nika09

On the Ice
Protocols:
Fernandez's 3A. +3,00
Shoma's 3A: +2,29
Yuzuru's 3A: +2,71
What the hell, judges?
I agree about the final results but some GOEs are not understandable

Goddess me :shocked: Shoma got 2.29 for his 3A while Fernandez 3.00 ?? How is that possible? Kiddos was just robbed

andromache

Record Breaker
Ok...in what world does Chen deserve 43.11 PCS and Deniss Vasiljevs only 37.68? :disapp: And don't tell me it's because Deniss has no quad when Jason got 45.10 :dev2:

Skate order and small versus big federation.

Why pick on Chen specifically? Kovtun is a much worse skater with a worse program than Nathan, who benefited just as much (if not more) from the skate order and for skating for a big federation.

(Jason benefited a lot from skate order as well. I assume he would've received 40-42 if he skated earlier).

zschultz1986

Final Flight
I do like the skater, he does have great artistic qualities but his TES is ALWAYS a joke.

48 for that technical content is a big mistake from the judges, he doesn't even have the best jumping technique in the world to justify that: Kolyada's 3A and 3Ltz are waaay better than Jason 3A and 3Ltz.

And Jason's EVERYTHING ELSE (besides speed across ice, maybe) is WAYYYYYYYYY better than Kolyada's. So, there's that.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Protocol:

As much as I enjoy Javier's program Malaguena has already lost its spark for me (maybe because he changed his costume? Seriously why all black for Malaguena). Not so sure about the +3s GOEs on the jumps and the 10s on PCS though. Nevertheless a great program.

Jeez Yuzuru what's with the Late start......

One judge gave Nathan a -2 only on his 3A. Huh?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Protocols:
Fernandez's 3A. +3,00
Shoma's 3A: +2,29
Yuzuru's 3A: +2,71
What the hell, judges?
I agree about the final results but some GOEs are not understandable

Shoma's 3A had a bit of a tight landing. Hanyu's 3A was perfect to me but maybe to some judges it wasn't. Fernandez's 3A was textbook and one of the best I've seen him do.

Relax. It's okay if somebody else outscores Hanyu on an element by 0.29 points - even if it's unofficially "his" element. :laugh:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I would like to know, what think the guys who showed a good quad (Bychenko, Kerry, Kvitelashvili) abot the score for Brown.

I've found this on Moris phone:

"New reminder: switch to US next season, they are the best at pushing skaters"

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
One judge gave Nathan a -2 only on his 3A. Huh?

There's always one. :rolleye: That judge needs to get their eyes checked because the rest of the 3A wasn't great either so the -2 for a fall wasn't even justified. At least that judge's GOE score for the axel got thrown out.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
And Jason's EVERYTHING ELSE (besides speed across ice, maybe) is WAYYYYYYYYY better than Kolyada's. So, there's that.

Stsq, and that's about it. 48 for that stsq? LOL

Mikhail has great speed across the ice, better than Jason and great spins too.

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
Goddess me :shocked: Shoma got 2.29 for his 3A while Fernandez 3.00 ?? How is that possible? Kiddos was just robbed

Javi's 3A: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2
Soma's 3A: 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 1, 2
Yuzu's 3A: 3, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 3, 2, 3

Krislite

Medalist
LOL. Javi, laying low this whole season and ceding all the spotlight to Yuzu and Chen, then tops them all in the Worlds SP. :laugh:

If he sneaks in another World title for a 3-peat, I'll be floored. But there's a reason he's won Worlds two in a row...

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
It was still a great performance - I'm not a fan of the program, but he sells it and his 3Z was textbook. But Chen and Hanyu each had a quad more than him (Hanyu had a 4L 4S, and Chen had a 4Z 4F 3A to Kolyada's 4T 3Z 3A). Hanyu gave up the value of a quad with the botched combo but his skating ability is far greater than Kolyada. 93 is still awesome for him, and I'm proud of him (and Kovtun!) for having pretty solid outings for the Russian men.
Yes, I know technical content was greater in terms of quads, but didn't Hanyu have a just 4-2 combo with a knee bend in between lasting long enough to make a full marriage proposal? 😂 (And of course Hanyu is a superior skater, I would never deny that.) They both had rather big mistakes though and Kolyada didn't. But yes, I'm happy for a good skate from both Russian guys! Very proud of Maxim for not popping any jumps. Congrats to him and his coach. That is huge progress. :)

medvedevasocks

Match Penalty
Stsq, and that's about it. 48 for that stsq? LOL

Mikhail has great speed across the ice, better than Jason and great spins too.

Jason skated last which helps, and while I like Kolyada and think he was underscored today compared to some people, IMO Jason definitely has better artistry than Kolyada at this point. IMO if anything Brown is still a bit undermarked in PCS for simply not getting the quad bonus, but it is understandable all the same.

andromache

Record Breaker
People who complain about American skaters can't make up their minds :laugh:.

1. Nathan doesn't deserve such high PCS! It doesn't matter how many quads you do, PCS is different from TES and quads shouldn't determine PCS!

2. Jason doesn't deserve such high PCS! How can he get such high PCS without a quad!

3a. How does Jason get such high GOE on his jumps when they aren't as big as other skaters' jumps?? That's not fair!
3b. *someone else complains about Evgenia Medvedeva's jump GOE* She has very intricate entrances and exits that determine her high GOE on jumps! Look at the criteria! *ignores Jason's entrances and exits from jumps*

Haters be hating just to hate. Have some consistency.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Javier's skate was great but the some of these numbers are just ridiculous.

Of course it is... as I have speculated during the preview thread. We are in Europe... the subtle (&not too subtle) preference is there, just look at the judges mark from European countries.

aa456

On the Ice
confession time: sometimes i hate myself for being a Yuzu fan. Every darn WC that salchow comes back. I'm going to light a candle for myself now and start yoga!:drama::drama:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
People who complain about American skaters can't make up their minds :laugh:.

1. Nathan doesn't deserve such high PCS! It doesn't matter how many quads you do, PCS is different from TES and quads shouldn't determine PCS!

2. Jason doesn't deserve such high PCS! How can he get such high PCS without a quad!

3a. How does Jason get such high GOE on his jumps when they aren't as big as other skaters' jumps?? That's not fair!
3b. *someone else complains about Evgenia Medvedeva's jump GOE* She has very intricate entrances and exits that determine her high GOE on jumps! Look at the criteria! *ignores Jason's entrances and exits from jumps*

Haters be hating just to hate. Have some consistency.

This is THE post of the forum.