2017 Worlds Men's FS | Page 78 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Men's FS

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I know he lost the bronze mostly through technicalities, but alot of the technicalities are stupid COP based rules IMO.

Ten didnt really deliver at the Olympics at all, nothing like he delivered at the 2013 worlds where he was indeed highway robbery robbed of the gold medal (hence my make up gift comment). His short program at the Games sucked which is why he didnt make the final flight even though Hanyu and Chan had the only clean shorts of the contenders, an his long program was zzzz and had 2 significant mistakes at the end. That isnt really delivering, he just got the bronze as a best of a bad bunch type scenario, and I dont think he was even that.

Oh, then I'm wrong sorry. I didn't remember him bombing. I just remember Patrick and Yuzuru bombing so everything else must've felt better in comparison (But not good enough for Gold) In hindsight the bronze medal was the worst thing that could've happened to Ten as look where he is now. And I bet having to be the face of Kazakhstan everywhere in the World has something to do with it.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
We need some Chinese people here who knew the nuance of mandarin words to translate Boyang's answers. Thank you.

Here's Boyang's answer to the last question:
1. This is the era of the quad jumps. I would like to learn more types of quad jumps as well. For as long as I am a competitive figure skater, I will keep challenging myself to try the impossible.
2. I will work hard to prepare for the Olympics, to improve my skating and become stronger and more powerful.
3. The way I have avoided injury is by putting training quality over quantity. I don't train for long hours, only about 1.5 hours on the ice per day, and I focus on perfecting the jumps during my training time. This is my training method and I think it has allowed me to stay injury-free.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Here's Boyang's answer to the last question:
1. This is the era of the quad jumps. I would like to learn more types of quad jumps as well. For as long as I am a competitive figure skater, I will keep challenging myself to try the impossible.
2. I will work hard to prepare for the Olympics, to improve my skating and become stronger and more powerful.
3. The way I have avoided injury is by putting training quality over quantity. I don't train for long hours, only about 1.5 hours on the ice per day, and I focus on perfecting the jumps during my training time. This is my training method and I think it has allowed me to stay injury-free.

I so hope that this second bronze for Boyang will finally show the judges that he is no fluke. I hate how he basically became from wonder to loser the minute Nathan Chen arrived on the scene. Good for him!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Lol, it seems you are the one who takes it so personally? How sad! And Skating God will not let that happen. Trust me.

We'll see. (And trust me, I'm not the only one....I'm just the only one who is stupid enough to respond...)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I so hope that this second bronze for Boyang will finally show the judges that he is no fluke. I hate how he basically became from wonder to loser the minute Nathan Chen arrived on the scene. Good for him!

I NEVER counted Boyang out. This is the best podium, the right podium. And Boyang has gotten the last laugh with his bronze. :love:

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Glad I'm not the only one who does NOT drink the Uno Kool-Aid. Can you imagine a skater with such flawed jumps becomeschampion? All the kids will think pre-rotation is the way to go and cheat every jumps!

What would have happen if Uno rightfully placed over Hanyu🙄. Honestly Hanyu could easily have been a zero-time World Champion if the scores had aligned correctly.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

:confused: It's the judges who gave him two Worlds bronze medals in two trips, plus other medals along the way.

It's the fans and US media that hype Nathan, with good reasons, but he has to perform well to get marks.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
:confused: It's the judges who gave him two Worlds bronze medals in two trips, plus other medals along the way.

It's the fans and US media that hype Nathan, with good reasons, but he has to perform well to get marks.

Perhaps. I just felt, personally, he was treated as a lesser version of Nathan in these last few months. He didn't even make the GPF.

apple123

On the Ice
What would have happen if Uno rightfully placed over Hanyu🙄. Honestly Hanyu could easily have been a zero-time World Champion if the scores had aligned correctly.

Rightfully? Lol. Did you notice that Hanyu didn't get many high GOEs on jumps which he deserved, while Mr Uno has so many +3, +2 for his tiny and cheated jumps?

Nika09

On the Ice

Not this time. Today Hanyu was remarkable. It was real champ skating. None a wrong move or step. Otherwise it would be a huge scandal.
I like Shoma so much but with his shaky landing and little but mistakes? No way. So congrats him with well deserved silver.

Last edited:

chairmanmao

Final Flight

Boyang last year should have lost to Kolyada honestly speaking. His programs last year were absolutely terrible. In hindsight his terrible luck this year must have been retribution for that bronze but this year he without a doubt deserve that podium place. I think the Nathan hype train has stalled, I'm pretty sure it will roll on again next season. I just hope he comes up with better programs next year.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Ah Yuzuru is trending WorldWide. It always gives me an extra kick as it's not as big as other sports but yay! :luv17:

dia

Rinkside

What does it mean "a zero-time World Champion" to you? He got this title in 2014 after the Olympics. He deserved it at that time, too, after a fierce competition with Machida who was in first after the SP.

And today, too, he made history with his comeback after that disappointing SP. Hanyu deserved this win.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Perhaps. I just felt, personally, he was treated as a lesser version of Nathan in these last few months. He didn't even make the GPF.

He missed the GPF because of the poor showing at the season's first event. But he made great progress through the season, peaking at worlds for the second Worlds medals :thumbsup: which is worth more than any hype. Let's enjoy the rivalry and let the two young Men fight it out on ice.