Shoma Uno | Page 226 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Shoma's performance in the Niigata show of Fantasy on Ice was moved to the second half of the show. He did 4F (Overturn, Stepout), 4T and 3A.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

The best cake ever! Posted on 5-22-16 along with the announcement of Shoma's programs. Little did we know how amazing those programs would be. And how TINY his upper body looks. The color white and horizontal stripes make one look bigger. He still looks so small. Maybe he should have had 2 pieces of cake.

@Arriba627 what abt this? Koi dance & its prep starts around 1min 47secs.
[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=63IBUXcLH9M
BGM's 'Your Name' with different vocal.
Love the koi dance. Also made me laugh that at 1:18 is my photo of Shoma with Vladimir Fedorov followed by one of my video clips of him training. Don't know how he is even awake for the koi dance. That was when he went to Canada to do his "This Town" choreography with David Wilson, flew back to Japan and went straight from the airport to the rink to practice for the ice show...Will he keep such a crazy schedule this year?! :handw: :shrug: :dumb: I guess we'll see! Go Shomajesty! :gclap:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The best cake ever! Posted on 5-22-16 along with the announcement of Shoma's programs. Little did we know how amazing those programs would be. And how TINY his upper body looks. The color white and horizontal stripes make one look bigger. He still looks so small. Maybe he should have had 2 pieces of cake.

Thanks 'riba! It's from his homepage? He looks adorable with that cake. I love this picture, even though I'm not the biggest fan of people eating stuff and being filmed. Wasn't there that interview with Nobu Oda and Yuzuru where they had different cakes? Shoma said he liked sweet things. And they (Nobu and Yuzuru) kept on talking and Shoma concentrated on his chocolate cake. I think it was in 2015, also at FaoI. Bummer that they didn't repeat this this year. With more cake!

Edit: Apparently Shoma was sleepy, yawning and rubbing his eyes. :bed: What else is new?
In the break Shoma and Deniss bazooka-ed T-Shirts into the audience from the Zamboni. :cool:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks 'riba! It's from his homepage? He looks adorable with that cake. I love this picture, even though I'm not the biggest fan of people eating stuff and being filmed. Wasn't there that interview with Nobu Oda and Yuzuru where they had different cakes? Shoma said he liked sweet things. And they (Nobu and Yuzuru) kept on talking and Shoma concentrated on his chocolate cake. I think it was in 2015, also at FaoI. Bummer that they didn't repeat this this year. With more cake!
I saw this on the Tumblr page. I think he has quite a well-known sweet tooth but really tries to watch it. Sheesh, only 10% body fat -- maybe he should have eaten the whole cake. My guess is that any weight he gains probably goes to one of his biggest a$$ets. :slink:

I am still laughing about what you wrote about them filming him eating! They just love to do that. It seems so intrusive to me. And being an (almost) vegetarian I am dying every time he's putting those big globs of meat in his mouth (with visible fat). This is me while watching that. :hpull: But each to their own. He would probably think what I eat is awful! And I always love watching him eat with chopsticks!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The picture is fab. I like his arms and that you can see his veins. How lovingly he touches the plate and the way his eyes caress the strawberry on his fork. :love: And, yes, his mouth and that slight opening. :luv17: Now I want to eat strawberry cake with Shoma.
There is some interview when he was in Italy and he said whenever he's abroad he thinks japanese food is so much better. Says it after ITALY of all places. Yeah, I'm definitely European in that regard, so I agree with you Arriba.

It is about time! Show the man some respect......:biggrin:

Shoma is usually in the first half. I have a feeling he really likes to be and that he's often thought to be the highlight of the first half. Otherwise people would just leave after the opening. :dev2:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah ha - Tatsuki Machida is scheduled for Japan Open. :love: Will we see the new Turandot from Shomita at Japan Open? So far Tatsuki is the only one listed.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Probably because he's a guest, the other skaters are still competing. I bet Shoma will be there.

Are you going to Italy next year, Arriba? All event tickets seem to be available now. Oh, how I would love to go. I cannot afford this trip at this point, though. :sad21: I have a feeling this will be a huge competition for ShoSho!! :points:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Probably because he's a guest, the other skaters are still competing. I bet Shoma will be there.

Are you going to Italy next year, Arriba? All event tickets seem to be available now. Oh, how I would love to go. I cannot afford this trip at this point, though. :sad21: I have a feeling this will be a huge competition for ShoSho!! :points:

Funny you would mention Italy. I was just checking the flights last night. It's always a bit of a gamble, buying so far in advance without knowing for 100% certain who will be there. I'm still groaning that I can't fly non-stop, but now I'm over that! I have Sk Can all set and was able to get a good all-event ticket from the FOR SALE section here on GS. Sounds like I better check the Italy all-event tickets. Previously they only had the super expensive ones available.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker

I'm definitely counting on Shoma to be there, and to do even better than at this year's Worlds! :yahoo: I need a team Japan flag...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Funny you would mention Italy. I was just checking the flights last night. It's always a bit of a gamble, buying so far in advance without knowing for 100% certain who will be there. I'm still groaning that I can't fly non-stop, but now I'm over that! I have Sk Can all set and was able to get a good all-event ticket from the FOR SALE section here on GS. Sounds like I better check the Italy all-event tickets. Previously they only had the super expensive ones available.

The super seats are over 1000 Euros, which is a lot of money. The cheapest seats are around 300, practices included. But there are so far off, I don't think think one should go for them. It's ALL EVENT. Me personally I don't care about Ice Dance at all, I don't have to see Pairs and Ladies...and as the post-Olympic World, who knows...there might be a lot of top skaters not going. Still, I'm very positive Shoma will go, no matter where he ends up at the Olympics, and if he does and becomes World Champion for the first time this will be an unforgettable experience. I just think of Daisuke becoming World Champ after Vancouver, also in Italy post Olympics.....I think it will be great! :yahoo:

I'm definitely counting on Shoma to be there, and to do even better than at this year's Worlds! :yahoo: I need a team Japan flag...

Are you going, Winnie? I'll definitely watch out for you in the Broadcast again. Sometimes when I rewatch LOCO I look out for you too, haha! :eek:: Even better than this year can only mean one thing! :points:

Latremu

Final Flight
The super seats are over 1000 Euros, which is a lot of money. The cheapest seats are around 300, practices included. But there are so far off, I don't think think one should go for them. It's ALL EVENT. Me personally I don't care about Ice Dance at all, I don't have to see Pairs and Ladies...and as the post-Olympic World, who knows...there might be a lot of top skaters not going. Still, I'm very positive Shoma will go, no matter where he ends up at the Olympics, and if he does and becomes World Champion for the first time this will be an unforgettable experience. I just think of Daisuke becoming World Champ after Vancouver, also in Italy post Olympics.....I think it will be great!

What?!! Were the tickets in Helsinki that expensive?? Why?!

Meanwhile, since it's the off-season, I browsed and found this video. Don't know if it's been posted. Aside from Shoma offering Satoko his vegetables and her seeing right through his ploy to get rid of his veggies, the second part shows the older skaters (Nobu, Akiko, Daisuke, and Mao) chatting about Shoma. I'm not exactly sure what they're saying. Would anyone know if there's an English translation of the video?

https://youtu.be/Yl6SV-srLa8

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Are you going, Winnie? I'll definitely watch out for you in the Broadcast again. Sometimes when I rewatch LOCO I look out for you too, haha! :eek:: Even better than this year can only mean one thing! :points:
Yes, I'll be there. Got seats in roughly the same area as at Helsinki except slightly on left side instead of right-ish. I always go for that general area. Best way to avoid having all the cameras on the judges' side block my view is to not sit on the judges' side at all. :laugh:

I'm a general figure skating fan, I like team Japan, I really like Yuzu and Shoma, but I want to see all competitions. Actually, on the whole I probably prefer the other events over the Men's competitions... all this focus on jumps isn't really my thing, oddly enough.

Hronop

On the Ice
On a completely different note -- my initiation as a Shomafan has recently been completed and approved. Yesterday he managed to enter... my world of dreams. :laugh2: Seriously, saw him in a dream, had a few conversations, helped to fix some of his problems, and even poked his shoulder a bit. :slink: Oh my. It was a happy dream though, and such a pain to wake up afterwards. :gaah:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Your dream is better than mine...I wrote in the Le Cafe section recently that I rarely (if ever) dream. But a couple weeks ago I had this dream that I came home and someone I didn't even know was remodeling my house. And it got weirder because Shoma was there and was speaking perfect English! :whack: The only thing I could think of was that in the evening I was thinking of how I wanted new shutters for my bedroom and was also thinking about Shomajesty's new programs. So now I wonder if Shoma is good at remodeling and does he speak English! :slink:

OnlyUno

Rinkside
What?!! Were the tickets in Helsinki that expensive?? Why?!

Meanwhile, since it's the off-season, I browsed and found this video. Don't know if it's been posted. Aside from Shoma offering Satoko his vegetables and her seeing right through his ploy to get rid of his veggies, the second part shows the older skaters (Nobu, Akiko, Daisuke, and Mao) chatting about Shoma. I'm not exactly sure what they're saying. Would anyone know if there's an English translation of the video?

https://youtu.be/Yl6SV-srLa8

i don't know if there's a translated one, but until it's found, i asked a japanese speaker about this one like, a year ago? so from memory, akiko and nobu were asking about what the others thought of shoma getting so amazing when he was only recently so-high (they gesture). akiko said, he even speaks with such clarity now. (he must have been a baby kid to them up til then) daisuke said that shoma before he retired and seeing shoma after retirement was like seeing a different person. (and he imitated shoma's child voice saying "Dai-chan", and how it wasn't like that now) mao talked about knowing him since his first time at the ice-rink when he was playing. so akiko asked mao if she'd get nervous thinking the little kid she knew would be at the same olympics maybe, and mao said, of course i'll feel nervous!

(they talked with huge affection for him. also with satoko, shoma was deliberately being tongue in cheek when he was graciously offering the vegetables. he's got this understated ironic, and cheeky humor all the time)

hope there is an official translation though!

OnlyUno

Rinkside
On a completely different note -- my initiation as a Shomafan has recently been completed and approved. Yesterday he managed to enter... my world of dreams. :laugh2: Seriously, saw him in a dream, had a few conversations, helped to fix some of his problems, and even poked his shoulder a bit. :slink: Oh my. It was a happy dream though, and such a pain to wake up afterwards. :gaah:

Lovely! ...was Shoma speaking English? or were you speaking Japanese?!

OnlyUno

Rinkside
^^^Your dream is better than mine...I wrote in the Le Cafe section recently that I rarely (if ever) dream. But a couple weeks ago I had this dream that I came home and someone I didn't even know was remodeling my house. And it got weirder because Shoma was there and was speaking perfect English! :whack: The only thing I could think of was that in the evening I was thinking of how I wanted new shutters for my bedroom and was also thinking about Shomajesty's new programs. So now I wonder if Shoma is good at remodeling and does he speak English! :slink:

these are hilarious! i bet he's horrible at both. but i saw a skater's vlog somewhere where he said "subscribe" and it's the cutest accent, certainly of any japanese accent I've heard.

Hronop

On the Ice
these are hilarious! i bet he's horrible at both. but i saw a skater's vlog somewhere where he said "subscribe" and it's the cutest accent, certainly of any japanese accent I've heard.

It's definitely here. As for your previous question -- I don't remember. Could have been Russian as well. :laugh2:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's definitely here. As for your previous question -- I don't remember. Could have been Russian as well. :laugh2:

It's at the very end. Wow, he really does say "subscribe". We'll have to add it to his vocabulary list! After the extended stays he has had in the U.S. along with all the contact he has now with people who speak English, I have to believe he is learning a little. At Boston Worlds, there was a video where people were saying "Hi" to him, and he had this puzzled look like he didn't even know what that meant...Keiji got all tongue tied when he tried to say subscribe. Honestly, they are SO cute!:laugh2: