2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Canadian Road to the Olympics

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
On a more serious note: After watching the Tony Awards this last weekend, I've concluded that Kaetlyn needs to have a program skated to the "Come From Away" soundtrack. Show your Newfie pride to the world, girlfriend! :yahoo:

I'm also super disappointed in myself, because HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS MUSICAL EVEN EXISTED PRIOR TO LAST WEEK! Augggh! I am such a failure to my fellow Newfies. I asked my mom if she she'd heard of it; she was born and bred on The Rock for 38 years until we moved to Ontario - and she said of course she's heard of it! The audacity of her to not tell me immediately after she did! :laugh:

Now the plan is to get tickets as Christmas gifts when the show comes back to Toronto in February 2018. I just have to remember to make sure the performance day we pick doesn't overlap with Olympic figure skating. ;)

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
^^ I just dies at you! Who knit ya?

Yes Sarah, I have had the same thoughts re Kaetlyn and "Come From Away". I think including bits of 'Heave Away' in a SP would be a show stopper.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
On a more serious note: After watching the Tony Awards this last weekend, I've concluded that Kaetlyn needs to have a program skated to the "Come From Away" soundtrack. Show your Newfie pride to the world, girlfriend! :yahoo:

I'm also super disappointed in myself, because HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS MUSICAL EVEN EXISTED PRIOR TO LAST WEEK! Augggh! I am such a failure to my fellow Newfies. I asked my mom if she she'd heard of it; she was born and bred on The Rock for 38 years until we moved to Ontario - and she said of course she's heard of it! The audacity of her to not tell me immediately after she did! :laugh:

Now the plan is to get tickets as Christmas gifts when the show comes back to Toronto in February 2018. I just have to remember to make sure the performance day we pick doesn't overlap with Olympic figure skating. ;)

Yes!! Kaetlyn needs to skate to that soundtrack.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
so the championnats québécois d'été has updated the entry list and it's GOOD

http://www.patinage.qc.ca/UploadsNew/Compétitions 2017-2018/CQE/ParticipantsCQE2017-06-19.pdf

D/R were already going....

R/W as well...

added to pairs the new partnership (promising) with K/G

and Francis ;) :) :) :)

then in the now very elaborate ladies field... let's notice the Decelles sisters and Veronik Mallet... It's been a while for her as she has been injured.

I am happy as well about Edrian Paul Celestino :) and you have to thank him for this post as he has been added to the list, and our friend Mango knows that I like his skating very much, and she let me know... and of course... i found out about the others :) YAY!!!

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Wow, that ladies field is exciting with Emy and Kim Decelles, Alicia Pineault, Kim DeGuise Léveillée and ...Veronik!!! Great to hear she's coming back.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
so... les championnats québécois d'été...
the roster is growing and growing... new additions include Alaine and Elladj for instance

Pairs get the most newbies with Julianne and Charlie, MTM2.0 and let's cheer for the North Korean pairs !!!!

Some addition in dance as well including Smart and Diaz L and L G from france...

on another topic... Nam is clearly not letting Patrick get ahead with the 4flip... here is attempt n awith his fight to stay on his feet...

In the comments, Conrad cracks mu saying 0 GOE@ LOL

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
hi tgee 1 long time no see! hope you are doing well!

Oh sure, meanwhile when I came out of hiding, all I get is a remark about being a hibernating bear. :p:devil::disapp::laugh2:

Oooh, those Canadian men are coming down the warpath with their 4Fs!!! Exciting!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh sure, meanwhile when I came out of hiding, all I get is a remark about being a hibernating bear. :p:devil::disapp::laugh2:

Oooh, those Canadian men are coming down the warpath with their 4Fs!!! Exciting!

i am sorry..wrong animal : cougar... :laugh2:

quads multiply quickly in canada these days

conrad is getting them all but flip and axel
nic is also flirting with 3 (lo,t,lu)
nam and pat (t,s,f)
keegan (lu,t)
kevin, benet, shaquille (t,s)

it leaves the guys with one quad (joseph and stephen) in the dust but they are still only 15 and 13 if they haven't had a bday without telling me personally ;)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

quads multiply quickly in canada these days

conrad is getting them all but flip and axel
nam and pat (t,s,f)
keegan (lu,t)
kevin, benet, shaquille (t,s)

it leaves the guys with one quad (joseph and stephen) in the dust but they are still only 15 and 13 if they haven't had a bday without telling me personally ;)

I believe Stephen is still 12, if the birthday listed in his fan fest page (Dec 22 2004) is correct.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada

:rofl:

Nic appears to be the flirty type ;) , but I sincerely hope he gets "serious" with at least one quad soon because he has yet to land a flawless one in competition.

it leaves the guys with one quad (joseph and stephen) in the dust

You left out Roman, who's part of the 1-quad club, and while he's the most vulnerable technically, when he does land the quad Salchow cleanly, it's one of the most beautiful jumps I've ever seen. :love:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:rofl:

Nic appears to be the flirty type ;) , but I sincerely hope he gets "serious" with at least one quad soon because he has yet to land a flawless one in competition.

You left out Roman, who's part of the 1-quad club, and while he's the most vulnerable technically, when he does land the quad Salchow cleanly, it's one of the most beautiful jumps I've ever seen. :love:

bolded part LOL :laugh2:

Roman... how could i forget about his gorgeous 4S. perhaps because i don't see him as a quad monger... he will get his jumps later i think... he is not fully finished in term of body changes i believe... and his skating is so gorgeous i never think about his jumps so much...

but please... show me an example of his most beautiful 4S :) i'd love to see it and rejoice !!!!