2017 CS Autumn Classic Mens SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Autumn Classic Mens SP

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wow so many amazing skates!!!

Sensational SP by Hanyu! Especially that quad-triple rippon. :clap: :bow: Especially strong this early in the season. Solid skate by Fernandez as well!

Also very happy Misha stuck around and had a good SP, and Messing/Nam had excellent skates too to rep the Canucks. The Autumn Classic crowd is definitely getting their money's worth! :biggrin:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ETA: TontoK, yeah the execution of jumpd wasn't that great, but I disagree it was unmovable. I still can appreciate the good stuff in-between the jumps.

I'm not judging, Mrs P. At least I'm not judging you.

I've stuck by my longshot for a couple years - through thick and thin. So, I admire your loyalty, although I don't share it towards Ross.

I just found the performance blah. Jumps aside.

Kara

Final Flight
HOLY SMOKES THE GOE ON HANYU'S JUMPS!!!! +3 for 3A and 4S and +2.80 for the combo!!:eeking: More than deserved and even the combo would have been +3 if his knee wasn't giving him problems and even then it was beautiful. Higher than +1 GOE for all non-jump elements. He is the GOAT!! On side note, it disappointed me to see the crowd leaving after Hanyu to line up for the FS tomorrow...Rude to the remaining competitors and other spectators! Hope the event organizers won't let people stay there all night waiting in line.:noshake:

Caustica

Final Flight
Wow @ Yuzuru's protocols. French judge gave 10 for PCS for everything except one 9.75 (transitions). Spanish judge gave GOE+3 to every element. Also Yuzuru managed to get StSq4!

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
How on earth do you give a +2 for that 4T-3T of Yuzuru's? I mean it's not about the score, I'm just laughing here because come on.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Ross's opening choreo...ummmm... he's definitly into it? It's quirky?

IS THIS SAFETY DANCE?!?!?!

...no it's not.

I like Ross, but this reminded me of the 'hip' uncle busting out his dance moves at the wedding reception

The Safety Dance would be so epic. Someone do it!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hanyu's PCS lots of tens. That perfect? Happy for Keegan. And love it that Misha is still around. PCS seem a bit low for him.

Erm? What does this have to do with my quote that I was answering with ruffledgrouse?!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
The presenters said so many mistakes, even in the end they put Misha in third, totally forgetting about Nam. Misha was gorgeous, my favourite skater this night, but he could not beat a good program with 2 quads one in a 4S3T. I wanted to ask you, but I got the protocols as a confimation. Thank you!
Too many mistakes in the presenters and commentators.

Kara

Final Flight
The presenters said so many mistakes, even in the end they put Misha in third, totally forgetting about Nam. Misha was gorgeous, my favourite skater this night, but he could not beat a good program with 2 quads one in a 4S3T. I wanted to ask you, but I got the protocols as a confimation. Thank you!
Too many mistakes in the presenters and commentators.

Commentators even said Pyeongchang Olympics were going to be in China so I totally muted them out in my brain after that.:disapp:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
HOLY SMOKES THE GOE ON HANYU'S JUMPS!!!! +3 for 3A and 4S and +2.80 for the combo!!:eeking: More than deserved and even the combo would have been +3 if his knee wasn't giving him problems and even then it was beautiful. Higher than +1 GOE for all non-jump elements. He is the GOAT!! On side note, it disappointed me to see the crowd leaving after Hanyu to line up for the FS tomorrow...Rude to the remaining competitors and other spectators! Hope the event organizers won't let people stay there all night waiting in line.:noshake:

they can line up if they want... but men is the last event of the day... and if they put coats, cushions, or whatever on seats and i show up for the ladies, i am simply going to move their stuff around ;)

it wasn't at all a problem last year as there was plenty of room... and the organizers seem to have capped the amount of tickets to avoid issues... but i dislike this behaviour...

last year, it was during ice dance... virtue and moir had just finished but one more team was still to go... they all left... because they wanted to eat before the men... they left all their stuff there.... and came back just for the final flight of the men....

i was MAD but i had a place to sit and I didn't care... this time, if i don't find a place to sit, i promise I will make cushions and jackets go... i will bring them to the lost and found ;)

so if you are planning to hog seats all day people, you have been warned

LALALA

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Yuzuru got a perfect score for his cssp. Has that ever been achieved before? I don't recall :unsure:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I was checking the protocols and I noticed Keegans spins are rated level 2 -one and 3-two. His spins are pretty good, high speed, position changes smoothly, well centred.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I was checking the protocols and I noticed Keegans sins are rated level 2 -one and 3-two. His spins are pretty good, high speed, position changes smoothly, well centred.

lack of circus position...

i hate it... he is the best spinner in that field by far from having seen them live last year.... centered, fast, multiple revolution, smooth etc... but "classic positions, not extreme flexibility.... " so he doesn't get the level 4 requirements.. IT IS STUPID

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Commentators even said Pyeongchang Olympics were going to be in China so I totally muted them out in my brain after that.:disapp:

:laugh2: for one second, I was thinking: does skaters already thinking about 2022's Winter Oly? And then I realised they said Pyeongchang, China.
Forgive them, even I am Asian, I never heard about Pyeongchang until about couple years ago.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
He has been removed from the NHK roster:sad21::sad21::sad21:

I have been so out of figure skating this past few weeks I didn't know. Now my heart is broken, I was so looking forward to see him compete there, NHK already had a pretty good roster and Josh was the perfect cherry on top. :sad:
But does this mean he is not competing at all this season? Or he's just skipping the GP?

Back on topic: no words for Yuzu, I just clapped at my laptop screen after he finished. I laughed when he shrugged like "yeah, it was okay". Javi was great, it's nice to see this Chaplin program after his 2012-2013 FS and see how much his skating has improved since then. Misha is always a pleasure to watch and I'm so happy he is 3rd right now (edit: I was sure the commentators had made a mistake and Nam was 3rd, at least I kept the scores right :biggrin:), a great confidence booster after he took the tremendous decision of competing this season. I was also very glad to see Nam back on track, after the past rough seasons, it was nice to see him so pleased after his performance. A shame it wasn't Dice's and Ross' day, but hopefully they can be more confident for the FS tomorrow. Peter's program was very interesting, regardless of the jumps :yes:
Well, no doubt the Olympic season is here and the guys are going all out already. This can only be good for us fans :clap: