2017 CS Autumn Classic Mens SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Autumn Classic Mens SP

Zhafiraiha

On the Ice
I just saw Yuzu's SP and oh my goodness that tano he did there was simply beautiful. I have a question, is he redoing his old programs? I'm not quite familiar with the rules and so I 'm not sure if that is allowed, but is it normal?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I just saw Yuzu's SP and oh my goodness that tano he did there was simply beautiful. I have a question, is he redoing his old programs? I'm not quite familiar with the rules and so I 'm not sure if that is allowed, but is it normal?

It's not that common, but it's allowed. The Olympics is a prime time for several skaters to use their favorite programs again.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Just want to add very quickly, that I revisited Yuzuru's old Chopin and discovered the new one has a different layout and actually choreographically fit the music concept better.

Hanyu swapped the spin earlier and backload one of the jumping elements.

This is how the program already was to begin with, he changed the program in the 15-16 season to frontload the quads.

Actually there's another very important difference too: he used to be doing a magnificent spread eagle-3Axel-spread eagle sequence at the start of the program, which is the program in its best form - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLed18sbPgg

I really wish he would go back to doing that, it's part of what made the program so special originally. The effortless and seamless quality of that opening perfectly sets the tone. Since he has already decided to go for 4T+3T as his last jump element now, a very risky thing to do, I wish he would move the other quad to the second half of the program as well and maintain the tranquil, majestic opening that the program was created to have.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This is how the program already was to begin with, he changed the program in the 15-16 season to frontload the quads.

Actually there's another very important difference too: he used to be doing a magnificent spread eagle-3Axel-spread eagle sequence at the start of the program, which is the program in its best form - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLed18sbPgg

I really wish he would go back to doing that, it's part of what made the program so special originally. The effortless and seamless quality of that opening perfectly sets the tone. Since he has already decided to go for 4T+3T as his last jump element now, a very risky thing to do, I wish he would move the other quad to the second half of the program as well and maintain the tranquil, majestic opening that the program was created to have.

Thanks for the clarification. So looks like the latest is really V3? Indeed, that opening spread eagle into 3a spread eagle was a magnificent opening to a majestic program well conceived, to begin with. I remember being super impressed with the program initially but thought it got a bit stale by 2nd season (figured I was taking Hanyu for granted at that point) without actually paying close attention, but somehow this V3 feels fresh again, so I just had to find out why. I wonder how many judges actually notices the difference, and appropriate them into PCS.

Regardless whatever happens the rest of this season, lucky we will always have this version. Wish there are fancams, so we can check out from different angles.