2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Mens SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Mens SP

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
On further inspection, I would say that 4Lo was likely called under-rotated... or at least I would have.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Too bad about the fall. Hard for Yuzu to match some of his amazing performances of that program. I will note that I remember not being into young Yuzu's skating because it didn't have enough weight or presence. He's so far removed from that: the first few moves of that program are so impactful. He owns the arena and his edges are beautiful.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Utmost respect for Yuzuru.
But I am finally going to come out and say
that 9 times out of 10, his fashion leaves something to be desired!

Purv

Match Penalty
This is ridicolous. Kolyada with 85??????//His TES was 36, then changed for 40 something..PCS bigger than Chena? Why they overscore their skaters so much? HE didnt deserve that. You talked about KOstner, but skater with NO COMBO gets SOO HIGH PCS??OVER 43?? It is beyond my mind. I am scared what they will do with Evgenia today

slider11

Medalist
Disheartened that Misha Ge is not being awarded with the appropriate artistic marks. He is poetry on ice.

Barb

Record Breaker
This forum will be fixed before olympics?, I am not paying it, I just want to know to be mentally prepared. I am sure this thread would be at least 30 pages with a normal speed.

bixby

Final Flight
Good start for Nathan. First to hit 100+ mark for a short program in the opening of this grand prix season.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Bad SP, good LP, for Yuzuru? Who knows. I thought Nathan Chen's score was a bit low.

bixby

Final Flight
This is ridicolous. Kolyada with 85??????//His TES was 36, then changed for 40 something..PCS bigger than Chena? Why they overscore their skaters so much? HE didnt deserve that. You talked about KOstner, but skater with NO COMBO gets SOO HIGH GOE??OVER 43?? It is beyond my mind. I am scared what they will do with Evgenia today

I was gonna say, how did he manage to score higher PCS than Nathan. Right?

Procrastinator

On the Ice
So, several judges gave Hanyu only -1 for his underrotated and severely two-footed 4Lo... which doesn't make sense.... And three judges gave him -2 for the FALL on the combo. That's bullsh*t.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Bad SP, good LP, for Yuzuru? Who knows. I thought Nathan Chen's score was a bit low.

I looked at the protocols and I think it was fair. Lowest PCS category is transitions and highest interpretation. I would probably go higher on the interpretation because I thought he brought the passion today. He lost one spin level and that spin was slower than usual (and I do hate his camel position--but that's just my pet peeve). I think Nathan can add some transitions and work on his edges and power some more if he wants Yuzu and Patrick level PCS scores. I think he's almost there and the top men have to go clean to beat him.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Nathan CHEN USA100.541video
2Yuzuru HANYU JPN94.852video
3Dmitri ALIEV RUS88.773video
4Mikhail KOLYADA RUS85.794video
5Misha GE UZB85.025video
6Deniss VASILJEVS LAT82.446video
7Nam NGUYEN CAN80.747video
8Moris KVITELASHVILI GEO80.678
9Andrei LAZUKIN RUS78.549
10Denis TEN KAZ69.0010video
11Grant HOCHSTEIN USA67.5611video
12Daniel SAMOHIN ISR62.0212video

frida80

Record Breaker
I blame the ice! How dare they have substandard ice! Boooooooo!

Bare with me, I’m having a moment of delusion and need to cope.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan's skating is so awesome. :love: The style, rhythm of his Nemesis SP ... but especially, the way he dances it, that relaxed-looking movement when the program as a whole has those huge jumps, it's all just spectacular. He's one of those skaters who stands up to the pressure of the moment.

IMO his PCS should have been higher, considering the quality of his skating, musicality, interpretation and performance. But the judges were saving their PCS high marks for Kolyada ... who didn't live up to them.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I'm so happy that Yuzu came back to Chopin program for the olympics. Hope to see it without any mistakes there. His skating is so delicate, still powerful. (3A :drama:)

I enjoyed Kolyada and Vasiljevs (I guess I miss Lambiel-ish skating). Also huge improvement in the interpretation&flow for Nathan.
And ignoring basically all the jumps, I really liked Denis. The choreography and emotion were lovely.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm amazed that Nathan can hang on to some of those jumps. That 2nd quad he was leaning so far forward yet still landed it. That kind of fight wins championships.