2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies FS | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
If the judges wanted to judge according to the written standards they could capture Med's overacting, etc. There are standards that include intentionality, clarity of movement, etc. These are exactly the things folks complain about.
It actually isn't overacting. She's performing in front of a huge stadium.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Fine!Good for you. I feel too much sugar in my mouth!And no fludity hurt me eyes.
Well, sorry for you!
But at the same time, I'm sure you think some other skaters are transcendent (or however you would personally describe it) that I don't feel the same way about.
So, in the end it probably evens out and we both have a great time watching. [emoji23]

GGFan

Record Breaker
It actually isn't overacting. She's performing in front of a huge stadium.

Ok, let's assume that she's playing it up for the people in the back row. That's what her body is for. She's a skater--she should fill the ice, stretch her limbs and tell us a story through her movement. Having a wide open mouth and looking surprised for half of the program isn't going to help the people in the back.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Wakaba's PCS is just 5 points lower than Carolina's: she would have won with a flawless program.

She would have won the free skate... but still not placed ahead of Caro overall. She was already too far behind Caro in the short.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Ok, let's assume that she's playing it up for the people in the back row. That's what her body is for. She's a skater--she should fill the ice, stretch her limbs and tell us a story through her movement. Having a wide open mouth and looking surprised for half of the program isn't going to help the people in the back.
Haha [emoji23]
I think uses her limbs quite well. But the face is a very important aspect of acting, if I do say so myself!

Purv

Match Penalty
Well, sorry for you!
But at the same time, I'm sure you think some other skaters are transcendent (or however you would personally describe it) that I don't feel the same way about.
So, in the end it probably evens out and we both have a great time watching. [emoji23]

Why sorry? :laugh:You think i lose much because I dont appreciate her skating? She needs more grace for me and fludity,flow to be transcendent

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight

GG fan I don't know who you are or where you are from but... you make me happy.

madison

Record Breaker
Personal preference but I just don't see the magic. I'm not a Medvedeva fan, that much is known, but I really liked her Leftovers program and was prepared to cheer her on with that. This - not so much. Different strokes for different folks.

I don't see the magic in any of her programmes because of the way she interprets the music and transmits to the audience. The programmes might be excellent if skated different.

SXTN

Final Flight
+ 1,3 for the flutz. That's scandalous. They were throwing GOE points at Evgenia. +2 and +3 for her second flip? Whyyyyy? She was off-axis in the air and just because she does one of the ugliest tano's among all ladies?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
+ 1,3 for the flutz. That's scandalous. They were throwing GOE points at Evgenia. +2 and +3 for her second flip? Whyyyyy? She was off-axis in the air and just because she does one of the ugliest tano's among all ladies?
The flutz wasn't bad. Better than I've often seen it. It even looked like a lutz in real time. It's a ! on slow-mo but not one of her awful e flutzes.

zblc015

Rinkside
Those girls REPEAT their programs, what wrong with it?
Zhenia changing the music,but everything else is the same?Even the layoaut. Why women with repeated programs are worse?I want you to remind you that Zhenia;Anna Karenina is her exbition, right?Or iam wrong? SO is not only slighly similar style. The same style

Obviously I'm not referring to her exhibition and new fp which for all intents and purposes are the same thing, and I think you know that so stop being a pedantic so-and-so. You clearly know that I am referring to the accusations of similarity between 3 senior years worth of programmes but I'll spell it out for you in case you don't have the ability to comprehend that. Or have I just dismantled your argument?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with repeating programmes, especially as they're all good programmes. But it's bloody irritating that the same people who have a problem with Medvedeva doing a similar style in general (in a completely different programmes across 3 years, if you bother to pay any attention to the actual content) don't have a problem with other repeating the exact same programmes. What, can't they do anything else? They should be pushing themselves more. These are criticisms which come against Medvedeva who does different programmes, but apparently no one else

Personally, I don't think these criticisms should come up against anyone. Medvedeva couldn't do a programme style like 'Hip Hip Chin Chin', Wagner would do a terrible job on a light, airy programme. I'd much rather see all the skaters doing a style they are confident and comfortable and perform a cracking programme.

And the crux of the matter is that Medvedeva's programmes are not all the same. Choreographically, they are all miles different, layout wise, so what it's similar? Almost every other skater does - opening combo, jump into spin, stsq, double axel, spin, spin. Why aren't we pulling them up?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
If the judges wanted to judge according to the written standards they could capture Med's overacting, etc. There are standards that include intentionality, clarity of movement, etc. These are exactly the things folks complain about.

But then you could pummel also Kostner on transitions. Not Med fan I am just being fair.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Yes, and then she wouldnt score more then 145, called flutz is very costly

I am so past getting irked about Zhenya's lutz not getting called though... I've moved on and decided to focus my energy elsewhere :)

yuki

Final Flight
Haha [emoji23]
I think uses her limbs quite well. But the face is a very important aspect of acting, if I do say so myself!

I disagree, it's not that important in skating because it's not as noticeable in the arena. From my personal experience, I've enjoyed over-the-top skaters more when watching live precisely because the overacting is not as distracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.