2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies FS | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Wait a minute...stop the music! (anyone old enough to remember Jimmy Durante?) Am I gonna have to listen to Tara and Johnny tomarrow on NBC talk about the event? :hslap:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wrong :roll5:.

Definition of faun

:a figure in Roman mythology similar to but gentler than the satyr

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faun

So who is it who really is showing "a whole new level of ignorance"?

I think the post you replied to was making fun of anyone who thought faun and deer were the same thing. Anyone who wants to see what a "faun" is, just google the ballet version of the Debussy piece.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think the post you replied to was making fun of anyone who thought faun and deer were the same thing. ...

Yes, and I am happy to say that all was resolved on page 61 -- where lavenderblossom helpfully :thank: shed light on my misinterpretation of whatif's post, and whatif graciously accepted my apology :ghug:.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a fun event!! I can't wait to catch up because I was unable to watch all day but I'm so glad that the GP is back for the next few weeks!! Nothing too surprising in the results on first look. Good job to Rostelecom and the skaters who make this sport such an interesting event to follow. I'm not even sure where we're heading next but I'm looking forward to it. :hap85:

lbamda

On the Ice
Impressions of the eyewitness. Pt.1

I am ready to throw out for you half-centner of yet not effaced live impressions.

At first it seemed that Nastya Galustyan slides very well - the truth, then this impression has vanished. On a steps sequence it was dug specifically, UR's on jumps are noticeable even from stands - very much everything strainedly. The pleasant girl, is a pity that, probably, ten on Europe will remain a limit of her dreams.

But at all strongly there is a wish to criticize nobody because alive each of figure skaters - the fairy, the goddess and a fragile figurine. Here never I paid attention to Nichole Shott, and today actually I admired her all program. Intelligent driving, beautiful laconic dress.
Though Schindler's List performed by the German skater before the Russian public which still remembers 2014 is the strange course)))

And at the same time it should be noted that Meité doesn't slide in general. A steps sequence goes on foot, and these are the most painful half-minute in her program. By the way, first I haven't understood the program, and then I have decided that it quite to the successful course. Type - well, I tried your Chopin, drudgery mortal, look better how I can burn down. The position has the right for life)))

Who has most pleasantly surprised in the first warm-up, so it is Mariah Bell. In record she always seemed to me madly boring figure skater, and here a live impression the return. There is in her some breed, that American school, probably. She lacks a little ability to fill with itself all skating rink, and sometimes she looks a lonely sparrow in the center of an ice oval. But perfectly hears music, wins back each accent - and yes, perfectly slides. Probably, only in the first warm-up who wasn't dug on a steps sequence. The program is successful, on my taste. Generally, pleasantly Bell has surprised me) Though here Raphael Arutyunyan, judging by his emotions, not strongly. Perhaps, he waited for bigger.

Here It is necessary to tell that I sat almost over a zone of kis'and'cry, slightly sideways. And therefore well I saw the first emotions of the trainers meeting figure skaters from ice.

And here Nagasu somehow to me hasn't come. Yes, 3A effective, and she has made him under the very nose at judges in the last seconds of warm-up. Looked effectively and in an amicable way impudently. But jumps - with strong tension, sliding good only on a straight line, sticks in a steps sequence not worse Galustyan. She has even stumbled once out of the blue. After Bell looked it is unprofitable, though the same Bell is able to give herself, unlike the girlfriend on command.

Valeria Mikhaylova - the good average level. Nothing outstanding, but also nothing of that kind because of what there was a wish to shout that she does on Rostelecom Cup. ABBA mix pleasant, the hall echoed, I too. Falling on a steps sequence silly, of course (but also in this rating - only the third foolishly).

HollyRose

On the Ice
Just to get the negative out of the way, I'm very saddened by all of the nastiness toward Zhenya in this thread. It's one thing not to like her, but to be happy when she falls or to make personal insults, like she's overly ambitious, or robotic, or arrogant? That's a very bitter, angry attitude, especially since it seems certain people only comment to complain about how awful she is.

I also hope the people who are bothered by her ambition are this upset about Nathan and Yuzu's ambitious layouts today. Or is it acceptable when it's not Zhenya? And how terrible for her to laugh when she makes a mistake :rolleye: She should have collapsed on the ice and cried instead maybe. It's also awful to see some people insulting the ladies' appearances. Do the men have their looks judged so harshly? It seems cruel in particular to mock a teenager's looks.

Moving on, I loved both of Kaori's programs! Overall, this seemed like a great event for her, and I hope she's happy with it. Love the green dress, too, and she was so cute with that massive teddy bear :love:

And Carolina!! How beautiful! Congratulations to her! It shows that maybe people shouldn't be pushed aside so early and that the 'older' competitors can still compete with the best.

I was also shocked by how much I enjoyed ABBA girl! She was so much fun! I'm biased since I love her music, but I'd love to see her again.

But Mirai :( Better than yesterday, but I'd really had high hopes for her here. I had myself convinced that she could medal. Maybe this will encourage her, though, to not get so hyped up about the 3A to the point where the other elements get pushed aside. Better luck at NHK, Mirai!! She's my favorite US skater, so I really hope she can move on from this successfully.

And Zhenya :love: I wasn't a huge fan of the Leftovers program, but I adore the change to AK! The fact that we're all so shocked about the stumble on the 2A really shows how consistent she's been, and that's incredibly impressive. I know she doesn't connect with everyone, but I'm a huge fan of hers, both technically and performance-wise, so I'm thrilled with how she did! :cheer: Plus the new dress is beautiful :luv17:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I told Hugo that there are figure skating fans who don't like Medvedeva. He didn't believe me. I had to insist that yes, it's true. He still couldn't understand. Well, frankly neither can I! [emoji23]

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Just to get the negative out of the way, I'm very saddened by all of the nastiness toward Zhenya in this thread. It's one thing not to like her, but to be happy when she falls or to make personal insults, like she's overly ambitious, or robotic, or arrogant? That's a very bitter, angry attitude, especially since it seems certain people only comment to complain about how awful she is.

I also hope the people who are bothered by her ambition are this upset about Nathan and Yuzu's ambitious layouts today. Or is it acceptable when it's not Zhenya? And how terrible for her to laugh when she makes a mistake :rolleye: She should have collapsed on the ice and cried instead maybe. It's also awful to see some people insulting the ladies' appearances. Do the men have their looks judged so harshly? It seems cruel in particular to mock a teenager's looks.

Amen.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
What a fun event!! I can't wait to catch up because I was unable to watch all day but I'm so glad that the GP is back for the next few weeks!! Nothing too surprising in the results on first look. Good job to Rostelecom and the skaters who make this sport such an interesting event to follow. I'm not even sure where we're heading next but I'm looking forward to it. :hap85:
Skate Canada is next!
With Laurine! [emoji632][emoji632][emoji632]

Yesssssss$$$ßsssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You guys are great!!! During the event ALL of the comments were such a fun read. I just love you guys...thanks to everyone :love:

Sequins Galore gets my nomination for Poster of the Year!!

Pages 46-63 are just unreadable :shame: I mean...there are no surprises in the outcome and yet with almost a whole year to prepare for Zhenya's skate those who grumble on about her have absolutely nothing interesting or the least bit creative to say. Can't wait to see such amazing cut, copy, and paste work for the rest of the season. :palmf:

I think my favorite random comment was about Eteri and Sergei dressing like they were in a vampire movie. Lol. :laugh:

lbamda

On the Ice
Impressions of the eyewitness. Pt.2

On warm-up it was very curious to observe who what elements does also who as behaves. Elena Radionova all those minutes while figure skaters of the second warm-up waited for Mikhaylova's points, warmed up slightly away from the general turn - and about - is very active. Against the background of other figure skaters she and the truth looked... well, large. Both growth, and forms. Wakaba has made several effective combo's at the nose of technical crew. Caro found more time for rotations, but not jumps. Zhenya jumped faultlessly, but without habitual 3+3+3+3+3+3. Several times it approached Eteri behind council. Just once she has passed one directly before a nose of Lena, having rounded her a semicircle, and soon after nearly crashed into Caro. What was done on Kaori and Elisabeth's warm-up? Frankly speaking, I didn't pay attention.

Now about performances of the main warm-up. Frankly speaking, I thought that Elena Radionova alive will be pleasant to me more, than it has occurred in practice. The stoop with ears on shoulders for which Lena is abused since junior times is guilty of it. It always seemed to me a terrible cavil, but from stands and alive it and the truth is evident first of all and inevitably spoils an impression of a performance. And hands are evident too - them much, and they often move separately with music. Both combos Lena jumped in the very best far corner from technical crew, and both flips - directly at them before a nose. So edges those had an opportunity to make out well. Lena wins honourable first place in the rating of foolish falling. Free program of Lena was pleasant to me, a dress very much goes, the only thing that stoop stronger Sakamoto.

Elisabeth Tursynbayeva, by the way, not bad looked on ice - and slides decently, and always keeps up with the music pressing her to ice. But all the same it isn't possible to wave away in any way from a thought of what it is a baby. Here in spins especially - well just a point on ice. And me it is still unclear why she had such simple content? I am silent about a notorious quadsalchow, but 3+3 where were lost?

Kaori Sakamoto decently gathers speed running steps, but on a steps sequence gets up absolutely. The pantomime has been turned facing judges, and the fifth point - to the tribune full of the Japanese fans. But they such frivolity have forgiven, Sakomoto and have presented it a huge teddy bear. From flip she, of course, has fallen too foolishly, but not as our girls therefore sorry, Kaori, in this rating you too out of a podium. In free skating I have got out outside of her stoop and clumsiness in choreography therefore the fifth place is deserved.

Alive was confirmed that I like free skating of Higuchi, a dress successful, hides figure shortcomings. The impression of the program Wakaba's - is powerful. Alive both the program, and Wakaba look perfectly, my attitude towards her, will fairly become warmer after Rostelecom Cup. Powerful 2A, powerful sliding (well, I know that there is a lot of two-foot skating with running steps, without difficult steps and transitions, but on an impression - flies by Wakaba's steps sequence ), a powerful vocal which doesn't press down it to ice as Elisabeth, and, on the contrary - adds couple more of plumelets her to wings. Higuchi it was pleasant to me, also to judges too. Though technically it was her not strongest free skating , know.

lbamda

On the Ice
Impressions of the eyewitness. Pt.3

I don't know how there was on Rostelecom Cup-15, and now Zhenya flies kind of over ice in the same way as it seems on the screen in record. Here she for all 146% has that ability to take attention of public without the rest and to hold until the last second. Star, generally. The hall loves her. To "Karenina" I have strongly become warmer - good musical cutting, dramatic, adult. The program - places slightly too "bluntly", perhaps, but who has it not so, except Caro? Magnificent dress. Falling on an axel foolish about - very much, the sure second place of our charts (though it, it is necessary to tell, has perfectly fitted into an outline of the program, the hall has shuddered as at a culmination point of the good movie - there Anna Karenina rushes under the train), but other jumps fine, and yes, they alive really look much better and more expensively, than at all her today's competitors - at the level with them unless an axel of Wakaba and flip Carolina.

Well, and Caro. Divine Caro, who deserves each point of components with which judges awarded her after even not the not most successful performance. If Zhenya flies over a skating rink, and Wakaba is cut by ice as if the liner - an ocean smooth surface, then Carolina, apparently, was born on ice, and for her to stand on the skates as naturally, as for us - soles on the earth. I am glad that has seen with own eyes her such performance. The best point for competitions and couldn't be thought up. From shortcomings at her, I see simple spins and kilometer calling again on jumps which tear the program.

And, I, apparently, only on Zhenya and Carolina's programs have never had on a skating rink eyes glued.

Well, and about the tournament and my live impressions in three words - it was great!!! Alive and the truth everything looks absolutely in a different way - any wrong move becomes more noticeable many times stronger.
And then, when all crowd has moved to the subway, all discussed Zhenya and only Zhenya)

Tulipstar

Medalist

Moving on, I loved both of Kaori's programs! Overall, this seemed like a great event for her, and I hope she's happy with it. Love the green dress, too, and she was so cute with that massive teddy bear :love:

And Carolina!! How beautiful! Congratulations to her! It shows that maybe people shouldn't be pushed aside so early and that the 'older' competitors can still compete with the best.

I was also shocked by how much I enjoyed ABBA girl! She was so much fun! I'm biased since I love her music, but I'd love to see her again.

But Mirai :( Better than yesterday, but I'd really had high hopes for her here. I had myself convinced that she could medal. Maybe this will encourage her, though, to not get so hyped up about the 3A to the point where the other elements get pushed aside. Better luck at NHK, Mirai!! She's my favorite US skater, so I really hope she can move on from this successfully.

And Zhenya :love: I wasn't a huge fan of the Leftovers program, but I adore the change to AK! The fact that we're all so shocked about the stumble on the 2A really shows how consistent she's been, and that's incredibly impressive. I know she doesn't connect with everyone, but I'm a huge fan of hers, both technically and performance-wise, so I'm thrilled with how she did! :cheer: Plus the new dress is beautiful :luv17:

Very well said. And I also think that a lot of the dislike Evgenia gets would not be there if she had been an ambitious male athlete. Unfortunately, some people still get uncomfortable when a girl is doing well or is ambitious, and feel the need to take the girl down a few pegs by calling her arrogant or worse. Note that I'm not talking about the people who think she's overscored or don't like her skating (which is all fine), but the ones who have a personal dislike towards her.

What you said about the skaters:
Kaori is a new fave. Japan just keeps on giving us new talent.
Perhaps it's good that what happened with Mirai, happened now. She can still fix things before nationals and then hopefully make the team.

deneuved

On the Ice
I wonder what people here see in Mirai Nagasu. Her jumps are very often, and clearly so, underrotated and her programmes are bland, uninspired and lifeless. I think the US would be better off sending Ashley, Karen and Mariah to the Olympics.

treeloving

Medalist
Kostner - I enjoy some of the transitions in the program as compared to how it was in 2011, but the overall tranquility and smoothness of the program has suffered. When you hear this music, and see Carolina's body shape, it calls forth the idea of a deer gently running through a meadow, drinking from a pond, enjoying the breeze, and then finally lying down under the shade of a tree for a pleasant nap. I continue to dislike how people feel the need to do busywork instead of show good lines and choreographic concepts.

Yes, yes, yes and yes, It is still more beautiful than many current programs but the 2011 version is in another class. Sadly ,the current judging seems to have "the more busy the better" mind set when it come to transition ratherthan evaluating how coherent and well placed they are in the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.