2017 GP Skate Canada TV & Livestreams | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate Canada TV & Livestreams

pearly

Record Breaker
Lost sound again. Same ice dance group as the first time - the one with Canadian teams. I don't get it.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I know I'm late, but... just re-watched Jason's first SP practice - it just made me smile and put me at ease:), it might sound silly, but I've got the kind of thought that he is walking, living lesson of how to embrace your personality, 'grow' into it, instead of see it as flawed if different from most out there. I think this is his most personal -and the most fitting - SP he's ever done: he truly commits to the charater, to the music from start to finish, giving out his interpretation and signature energy at the same time. Those spins give me life, because they are class on their own: centered, fast, so in music, done with such ease and flow in-and-out of them. I live also for ALL of choreographical details -little kicks, spirals, split, hand movements; they are not only proof of a conscious choreography, taking all the best from Jason's skill and ability, but also a highlight of the program due to their perfect execution/accentuation within the music, even being not so big like jumps or other tech elements. I simply love the vibe of a great entertainment in this program - it's natural, not even choreographed, Jason just took the idea, the theme and transformed it into something so accessible performance-wise. He's not serving the face of the gesture just because choreography says that - he just flows with the rhythm, giving the best skating he has and joy he's taking from it.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Eurosport Germany says Skate Canada happens in the Hershey Centre in Mississauga.....:slink:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
after watching Pairs practice, I am mostly impressed by Peng/Jin and Aliona and Bruno - I think they have such great, intricate material on their hands. Both routines sources quite a lot from dance specifics - and I love that element there; the highlight of both programs are for me step sequences - both so musical, with controlled movement, in Peng/Jin's case with some twizzle thrown and tango-like moves/connections, Aliona/Bruno's one with nice holds and elevation/flow throughout the sequence. I am really excited to see both programs in competition with costumes and all splendid:)

danse

On the Ice
Either a bizarrely timed coincidence or it worked, but I sent a tweet to Skate Canada about the sound being out and it went back on for V&M's FD lol

Chris_E

On the Ice
Ashley - FS, partial. One fall. I think there are some changes to the final part of her music, not 100% sure.

Oh and she's still selling it ;)

I thought her both her triple-triples looked quite strong and clearly rotated in this practice. Hoping this is a good sign of things to come from her.

MIM

Medalist
Loved JH's run through..
Next is Patrick!!!:love:

Edit: Patrick's Hallelujah felt just breezy. I know it is Canada and am a little biased, but everyone in the audience and the rink side was watching him skating. Even skaters stayed close to the wall and let Patrick own the whole rink. (Paul F. literally stands and watches Patrick for a while with his coach):luv17::luv17:

jan

On the Ice
Jason Brown just skated a wonderful long program in practice. A quad and a couple of triple axels. Big improvement in speed. Was never a big fan but this was very good.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Nice! That's great to hear.

it was a breezy one that I thought it was a triple:slink::laugh:, very effortlessly executed, but I can see that the material is inspiring to just go with the flow:)

meanwhile...Brezina is botching Rag'n'Bone Man:drama:, there is only one king of Ibiza club - it's Adam Rippon

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
it was a breezy one that I thought it was a triple:slink::laugh:, very effortlessly executed, but I can see that the material is inspiring to just go with the flow:)

meanwhile...Brezina is botching Rag'n'Bone Man:drama:, there is only one king of Ibiza club - it's Adam Rippon

OMG, I hope it sticks -- but this fares well with him. He generally lands things that he does in practice. I'm looking forward to seeing the video!

I hope Michal is ready when it's dancing time, cause I love that FS!

MIM

Medalist
Jorik’s step sequence to Je suis malade is pure devotion! I am so glad that he has two beautiful programs.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Does anyone have any request for pairs to capture? I can do it, but if no one cares id frankly rather not. I also suspect the big names will get posted by more tech savvy people than me. So if you have a request, please make it.